Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods pic request:eddie miller jr lakester

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by new wave terror, Oct 16, 2008.

1. new wave terror

new wave terror

Saw a picture of this in The Rodders Journal number 26 and it said there would be a future article in it,wich I havent seen yet.I just think its a gorgeous piece of machinery.DOes anyone have any pics of it?

2. The37Kid

The37Kid

Bluto has that info, there is a YouTube clip of it running back in the day, VERY COOL car!

3. flyin-t

flyin-t

Years ago when I was in the 4 ever 4 club, we stopped by to check out the car being restored after one of the meetings. I snapped a few pictures of it and now wished I'd taken more.

I know you probably want finished shots of the car, but these are kinda cool too.

4. new wave terror

new wave terror

Yea,theyre all cool.I looked at the custom auto site wich is the company that the TRJ said it was being restored at but couldnt find any in progress or done pics there.Thanks tho.That car is tits

5. flyin-t

flyin-t

This was in Orange County at Steve Davis's (I think) shop. He was doing all the work on the body, bout 9 years ago or so.

6. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

Who own's it now?
    I'd assume it's one of the "Big Names".

7. new wave terror

new wave terror

Is bluto anywhere around?I looked for a vid on youtube but didnt find one.Does anyone have any info on the motor and body or anything?I thought I may of seen it in an article about whitey clayton but Im not sure.

8. I was lucky to see this fantastic lakester in '85 when it was still in the Don Ferguson, Sr. collection. Senior had more cool cars and motors and "stuff" than any 10 guys I've ever known. We were in LA to do a little business and to borrow an Ardun blower manifold he had gotten from the original Safeway Sandblasting car. We needed it for the 990 Original Golden Rod 'liner. Senior gave my buddy Frank Morawski and I got the full tour and the lakester was in a shipping container with another car. I can't tell you what a rush I had when that door swung open. From the pages of Hot Rod to my eyes....better than sex....well almost. What else was there that day you ask? Well how 'bout the SoCal Belly Tank, Carl Orr's sprint car, a Mickey Thompson Mustang, a room full of top fuel blown Hemis...I got to stop, I'm getting light headed.

9. new wave terror

new wave terror

Have to take a nap after talking like that,huh?Lol.Amazing.What a lucky guy.

10. Don Fergusen Jr owns the lakester now, Terry Baldwin owned it at one point. Eddie would of built the body with his dad Eddie Miller Sr. Eddie Jr rebuilt the hilborn liner after the wreck so was quite handy with aluminium.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

This photo was from the Bob Roddick post Ryan did earlier this year. See Eddie Miller's lakester behind #532c roadster.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files: