Register now to get rid of these ads!

50 GMC Truck Project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Yaril, Apr 20, 2008.

1. xtralow

xtralow
    from So Cal

looks real good, what size cokers went on there?

Last edited: Sep 5, 2008
  2. Eagletucky

Eagletucky

There's only one thing about this truck I dont like.....

Its not mine.

Great work!

3. Yaril

Yaril

dont tell anyone, but the wheels are 14s :D tires are 215-75R14 total diameter is 26 i think. with the gearing that equal to 2500rpms at 70ish MPH, not bad at all.

thank you!

4. ol'skool29

ol'skool29

cool, best of luck with it. you have a perfect truck, and now i really want to find one around here :rolleyes:

5. Rough Stock

Rough Stock
    from Austin, Tx

sweet truck, bro.

6. Yaril

Yaril

thanks guys.

7. It's come a long way and couldn't have come out any better. Awesome work. So is the truck yours now? I thought you were building it for a customer?

8. Yaril

Yaril

i wish it were mine, but no. the clients very cool and told me that i can use the truck for show / events / whatever so long as he is not using it. and thanks btw.

9. Oh, okay. That's cool. Do you have any new pictures of it at ride height?

10. Yaril

Yaril

not yet, its raining here. hope it clears up soon though!

11. JustJoey

JustJoey

Just as I said on KCW...love it! Great work.

12. bstie

bstie

Yaril,

I will be sad to see this one finished...that stance is awesome! Excellent Build.

Excellent work.... SIR!

13. bobx

bobx
    from Indiana

nice job.

on the truck and on this thread.

what you gonna do next?

14. Famous Tater

Famous Tater

Dude, it looks really great! Sits awesome and just looks "right on". Hey, the "no hood" look works for me for sure (although most on here disagree about not runnin' a hood on this body style). Good job buddy.

Attached Files:

15. 1951 GMC 100

1951 GMC 100

Greast looking truck, I am doing a 51 GMC, just getting ready to pull the motor and ans, I thought i saw where you removed the front clip on your project, it looks like an easy way to remove the motor I am also doing 3 inch lowering springs front and rear and this would make real easy acess, please let me knoe if the front clip removal was east !!

Thanks !!!

16. Yaril

Yaril

thanks!

ill be sad to see the truck go :( at least ill get to borrow it. thanks man!

next i got my roadster to attend to. as well as some other smaller jobs to do. then ill see, perhaps the flower car?

thanks man! the hood will be going back on just not today. maybe sunday after its maiden cruise. it sure looks good either way though.

for the 1 hour investment on removing the front clip its worth it. so much space to work and do things better and easier. hopefully your nuts and bolts wont be too rusty. theses came right out.

i hope this small video works... this was the motor with open headers...

[​IMG]

this morning i got the 2 mellow tones installed, dump just before the rear end. tomorrow i got an alignment appointment so then it will definitely be ready!

Yaril

17. PoPo

PoPo

yaril I just got back from my honeymoon, I WAS EXCITED TO SEE NEW POSTS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on a job well done sir.

Looks amazing and I followed ya the whole way. I have taken everything you did and wrote it down in my mental library, Hope to use some of the tricks as I button up my build. Thanks and its amazing. Hope it can bear through the storms that are coming your way. good luck and be safe brother.

JC

18. Yaril

Yaril

thank you JC!

truck made it out last night to the local hang out and it was a hit. crowds around the truck the whole night. everybody loved it. the truck is in the owners hands as of yesterday (sad day for me to see her go) but it will be in a garage during whatever storms we get. then it will come back for some more small things to wrap it up.

thanks again JC and CONGRATS to you!!!

19. 64LeSabre455

64LeSabre455
    from Adkins, Tx

Good to see it done, you did some nice work. Too bad it is not yours.

20. motorbreath53

motorbreath53
    from SoCal

so, this is what envy feels like...

i'm still working on the projects that are going to fund my 53', but this thread has been great motivation. Looks absolutely bad ass... congrats on the drive, and you have my sympathies for having to watch it drive away with someone else... (maybe you need to do one up for yourself now?)

maybe I missed this, but whose mustang II kit did you use on this?

21. Wicked50

Wicked50

I have got to say the truck came out GREAT. Love the stance and the look

22. Wicked50

Wicked50

So how does that front end ride?

23. Yaril

Yaril

thank you guys!

now of course its time to work out the "bugs". i wanted to drive the truck for a couple of weeks to make sure everything is in proper working order but he was johnzing for the truck, so now he is dealing with the gremlins.

the front end and rear end suspension ride impressively well! i must say this is one of the smoother running airbagged cars / trucks i have driven. even my alignment guy told me that this is the best riding car / truck i have ever taken him with modified suspension.

24. vik morgan

vik morgan
    from Houston

I'm impressed how well the sheetmetal fits on the frontend. I am trying to reassemble it on my '49 GMC and it is just all f-ed. Seems I am fighting against out-a-wack parts from several different trucks. How did yours look from the get go? Did you have to do much work to line it all up?

25. Yaril

Yaril

vik,

this truck was never taken appart. it had / has the original bead between the fender and cab. so removal and install was not complex. one tip i can give you is to sit the front cap on the rad crossmember. present the U-bolt but dont tighten them. then you can work your way with a friend or two to like up the fender bolts one at a time. then go back and tighten the U-bolt.

hope that helps.

26. KernCountyKid

KernCountyKid
    from Arkansas

When you put in the interior panel on the passenger side, what did you do about the weatherstripping channel? It's spot welded to that panel, and I can't figure out how I'm going to reattach it once I drill out the spot weld. The channel is too tight to get a grind wheel in there to grind down the welds.

[​IMG]

27. dante81_98

dante81_98
    1. A-D Truckers

awesome build up man. Looks bitchin.

28. WOW awesome work, hopfully my dodge will be that low after i bag it in a couple weeks....

29. fortynut

fortynut

A fellow here in NW Alabama had three of the Old Navy pickups for re-sale. They were decommissioned --- gas tank, radiator, engine and trans removed. If you can get your hands on one of them, go for it. These had fairly nice tin. Apparently the buyers for Old Navy who took them off the streets had an eye for that. And if you boys are going to toss those Jimmy motors, put 'em on Inliners and give those who are into inlines more iron to play with. GMC mills can be made to scream. Just ask Doug Robinsion at Horsepower Engineering, or look up the records set by the BMR coupe that runs at El Mirage and Bonneville.