Register now to get rid of these ads!

blue prints

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LennyB, May 28, 2008.

1. LennyB

LennyB

I've been all over the web
    boy sure is difficult to locate a set of blueprints for a 1932 roadster or coupe
    Nada here in South Africa can anyone help with sites or web links

2. Never seen any.

3. Harms Way

Harms Way

I have a original 32 Roadster quarter panel blueprint from Ford (it's like 3' x7') I sent a copy of it to Brookville Roadster and another copy to a friend in California about 9 years ago,... then a couple years later I see copies on ebay for sale !,....
    Anyway that's the only real Ford 32 body blueprint I have ever seen.

Attached Files:

4. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have the same prints as HARMS WAY, also a print for the 32 frame, are you interested?-----Don

5. Frame blue prints can be found on the Wescott's web site.
    The Wizzard

6. onedge

onedge

i know of zero. i will wait too. me too....

7. Don't suppose you want to scan them and put them on the web for the rest of us? :)

8. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Now where in gods name do you come by something like that??:eek:

9. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

For 80.00 (US) I will send to your address in Austraila-----Intrested?-----Don

10. LennyB

LennyB

Thanks
    Can you send me some??
    I would gladly pay for them

11. Would be very interested, but a bit tight for cash at the moment with a new baby etc... :(

Would be cool just to have them.

12. LennyB

LennyB

Yes I would be do you have them in electronic form as well

13. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sure, send me your mailing address, & I'll check the Post Office for rates, then let you know total price, OK?---Don

14. vik morgan

vik morgan
    from Houston

There is a library in Detroit that has a ton of old blueprints. You can either go there and look through them or for a fee, staff will hunt for what you are looking for. I will try to find the name again.

15. HHRdave

HHRdave
    BANNED
    from So Cal

Wescott's frame blue prints are not exactly accurate.

I own '32 Frame blueprints from Ford and have compared them.

16. LennyB

LennyB

Thanks a million
    unfortunatly I Live In South Africa

17. LennyB

LennyB

Thanks

Leonard Bunce
    4716 Oxalis Road
    P.O.Box 583
    Betty's Bay
    South Africa

18. Harms Way

Harms Way

I got this print about 34 or 35 years ago, I was at a garage sale in Livonia Mi. there was a old man there ( He was living with his daughter) He had 2 N.O.S. 34 Ford Greyhounds screwed to a couple pieces of wood as bookends, when I recognized what they were the old guy smiled and started talking, they came from his brother that worked at the Rouge and was as he said a "kleptomaniac", he had several small boxes of N.O.S. stuff his brother pilfered throughout the years (including 6 more pristine greyhounds, door handles, dash knobs, etc. just about anything you could fit into a lunch box) I made him a package deal and bought it all,.... (wish I still had that stuff now !). just before I go to leave he said I got something you might want, He brings out the blueprint and said he worked in the design department at Ford and I could have it,..... when I seen what it was it just about floored me,... I asked if he had any other prints, and he said no that was it. that was the first and last time I ever seen that old man,..... and that's where I got it from,..... than like I said I made a couple copies for some friends,..... and eventually they started showing up on the internet all over the place,..... I still have the "Velem" sp? I had made from it,...... maybe I should see if I can have some printed up to sell cheap to my HAMB pals,....... :D

19. LennyB

LennyB

Awaiting details soonest
    Will you send Billing details to [email protected]

Thanks a million

20. Sweet prints, I'd love a copy if you make em.

I own an original 32 roadster and it would be neat to have a copy. Are your originals on linen, and waxed?

Dug your story! I found a set of original drawings on linen just like you. I stumbled into an antique shop while in some weird NJ town. The owner and I got talking and asked why I was in town. Cars of cource I anwsered. He told me he had been waiting for a car guy to come in and said... I'll be right back. Boy was I excited. He then returned and cleared a 12 ft table and emptied this old cardboard tube with beautiful drawings of a 1921 Goddard touring car. I bought them on the spot...

Goddard was known to have worked with the Wright brothers and helped them with their 1st few motors the gentlemen told me. I looked into the Wright brothers and found traces of the Goddard name, but nothing solid. I need to find some time to do some more research. The drawings are amazing, so glad I stopped that day.

Attached Files:

21. Harms Way

Harms Way

Give me a little time, I am going to go to the blueprint co. in Livonia Mi. next month,... if I can still get copies made I will post it on this thread,.....

22. LennyB

LennyB

awaiting eagerly

23. LennyB

LennyB

Thanks a millionDon
    Just Got them :D:D:D

24. junkman123

junkman123
    from axton,VA

25. GuyW

GuyW

Dang....it fuzzes out at magnification...