Register now to get rid of these ads!

Nasty accident!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by buzz bomb, Oct 15, 2008.

1. buzz bomb

buzz bomb

So I was traveling south bound on Pacific coast hwy on friday 10/10/08 from visiting my daughter @ school about 3pm, when a lady decided to turn into beach parking and slamed right into my drivers side quarter panel sending me into a flat spin across three lanes of traffic:eek:!!! Lucky for me I did'nt hit any other cars next to me and as I flew into on coming cars they stopped before I could take anyone of them out! Aside from a nasty bump on my head I was allright and was attended to by parmedics on the scene and was released(totally the drivers fault and insurance will cover everything). So my question is, does anyone know where I can find a driver side quarter panel for my 1953 pontiac chieften or a place to find one? any leads would really help.
    Thanks
    Buzz

2. Gigantor

Gigantor

Glad you're okay ... will keep an eye to the groung for your panel. Will a Chevy of the same year work?

3. buzz bomb

buzz bomb

Thank's fellas, I tried cpr but they have had no luck as of yet.And thanks again.

Buzz

4. skunx1964

skunx1964

no frame or rear suspension damage? lucky.... oh, and no human damage too :)

5. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Glad you're okay man!

And damn glad it wasn't that chopped hardtopped shoebox. :D

Try these guys for your quarter: http://www.dvap.com/

Good luck!

6. Grinderspark

Grinderspark

Buzz,
    Check your PM's. I sent along an email addy for a guy I've dealt with in Ohio that has Pontiac stuff. He may be able to help out, or know someone who can.
    GS

7. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

8. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Man, I worry all the time about having an accident in one of my old trucks. I try to be extra, extra safe, but sometimes like this it can't be avoided with other idiots out driving around too. Glad you weren't hurt and good luck with the repairs. Maybe there will be an unexpected positive side to it somehow as well as is often the case.

9. Glad to hear you're okay.

On the quarter, you're going to have to locate a used one - NOS may be out there but will be hard to find and big bucks when you do. So far as I know the only repop stuff are three rust repair pieces for the lower part - a front, a back and a wheel arch, made intended for Chevy - but I'd even have to verify that. The interchange should be all Pontiac of the same body style for 53 and 54. Hardtop may differ from 2dr sedan.

You can also check places like Ames Performance Engineering and see what they have to say.

10. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

Try Owens Salvage, Wellington TX. Shipping costs something, but you will probably make it back on your good deal.

11. HotRodDriver

HotRodDriver
    from Oklahoma

Exactly. Plus Flat Top Bob is an Alliance Vendor.

Rod

12. eightbanger

eightbanger

13. chopt55bc

chopt55bc

glad your O.K. i had an accident a few weeks ago also. unfortunatly my 53 chevy pickup was not as lucky as your pontiac. good luck with your repair.

14. Glad your ok. All Amercian auto salvage has three cars at there yard. portland ore

15. Adam D.

Adam D.

glad ur ok bro. if i was u i woulda had to reach back like a pimp, and smack a Ho..

16. dieselc

dieselc
    from ohio

Good to hear your ok, I would say dvap for sure.

17. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

Man sorry to hear about this but the good thing is your ok.

18. 60'coupe

60'coupe

Hey Buzz Bomb, Sorry to hear this, that is such a beautiful car !
    Rob

19. LongT

LongT

20. try Steve Barcak at Pontiac Heaven in AZ or Desert Valley Auto parts also AZ.

21. kopis

kopis

Damn, that sucks bro.
    As long as your ok. Is the damage pretty bad? Hey, good seeing you and the ride at Dead Mans show last week.

22. After seeing your car at Ink-n-Iron and at the Deadman show,that just sickens me! What a sweet ride and a unique one too. Glad you're okay and the car is fixable. Good luck getting it turned around...

23. 60'coupe

60'coupe

Hey Buzz Bomb, Do you mind me posting a couple of pics of your car that I shot at Dead Mans Drive?
    Rob

24. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

Glad you are ok. The car can be fixed. Its hard to fix the cranium.

Kevin
    Ooltewah Speed Shop

25. If Flat Top Bob does not have the parts there is a yard or 3 up here that may. Check Bob first, he is good shit and a longtime HAMB supporter.

26. glad you are still perpindicular...I'll keep an eye out for the panel you need...good luck

27. saltracer219

saltracer219

All American Classics is in Vancouver Wa. 360-254-8850. ask for Todd or Forest

28. bob3757

bob3757
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tigard, Or

You might want to check with Fremans Auto in Whitehall, MT. According to their website they have 8 "53 Pontiac parts cars. www.fremansauto.com. Bob

29. buzz bomb

buzz bomb

That is indeed Chaca the OG pimp himself.
    And thank's again fellas, I'm on the case with all the info you guys have provided, and thank's for the good wishes.

Buzz