Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Sema 2008...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CHOPSHOP, Sep 4, 2008.

1. HulaZombie

HulaZombie

I'll be there...just say when and where !!!

2. I'll be there from Sat till Friday. Anyone going to the drags Sunday? I'll be in section A.

The last time I was there we set up a meet and greet at the Hard Rock and the only guys that showed up were me and Santa.

Sent Carl and e-mail last week and haven't heard back. He left the place at the track a year plus ago and is working out of another guy's shop. Love to hook up with him to see how his Bonneville coupe is coming.

Dennis

2006 Meet and Greet:

Attached Files:

3. blue collar guy

blue collar guy

Cool, I will have a few guy's from my shop with me. So I think we will get a Hotel but we will have to hook up. Do you still still have the cell phone #? I will try to call you. Scott

4. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

maybe we will finally see you AT the show...LOL ... for a change- we always miss each other

5. Spaulding

Spaulding
    from Wichita

I'll be there Tuesday through Thursday. Working the company booth Wed. afternoon.:(

6. oldandkrusty

oldandkrusty

Lenny, 2:00 PM Wednesday at the WCC stairway sounds like as good a place as any. All we really need as some type of identifier so that we are not molesting non-HAMB members. Any ideas????

7. Wish I could get into SEMA. Has always been a dream of mine to go there.

8. Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy
    BANNED

I will be there Mon night thru Wednesday afternoon.

9. 392_hemi

392_hemi

Just fyi, the Kicker party is Nov. 5 at Palms.

10. Splinter

Splinter

Tell ya what....I'll wear my "I'm a Fucktard!" hat, so you'll know it's me.

11. Splinter

Splinter

So we need an invite, or is it open to all attendees?

12. Pete1930

Pete1930
    from Boston

I'll be there Tue-Thu.

What's the "WCC Stairway"?

Pete

13. tred

tred

dennis,
    that car has been put deep on the back burner. i haven't seen or heard from carl in a while. i'm still holding his bar b q for him as a matter of fact.
    maybe chris knows something?...

14. 392_hemi

392_hemi

Not sure. In the past I've never had a problem getting in without a ticket. But it's probalby a good idea to check about an invite at their display.

15. allstarderrick

allstarderrick

We'll be there Tuesday til Sunday. Lots of long days, actually feels like one long day with the amount of sleep we get. Not a really HAMB freindly show but I still wouldn't miss it.

16. IGOR

IGOR

I'll be there the 2nd to the 7th! Can't wait! Hope to meet some of you guys there.

17. I finally got an e-mail back from him.

"<title></title>I will be at SEMA too. My cell nphone is 702-XXX-XXXX
    Bonnie car is on terminal hold!"

So I guess I'll get to hook up with him when I get to town.

Thanks,

Dennis

18. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

Is this the final decision for the Meet&Greet location?

I'm OK with molesting non-HAMBers. :p

19. toad32

toad32

I will be there Sat-Sat working the House of Kolor booth. I will be the one doing the software demos of the new version!!!!! Stop by and check it out. I love to show HAMB members the software and the renderings.

Carter
    carterhickmandesigns.com

20. seret

seret

I,m going with KIRK and Big Dirty, mon-? we will be in snugglers T shirts.

21. dynamic88

dynamic88
    from Chicago

I'll be there Sun - Fri AM. Working over on the AAPEX side early in the week, over at SEMA all day Thursday and on occasion in the evenings. Here's one vote for not holding the HAMB meet n greet Wednesday night -- IndyCar Series deal is going on that night at the Palms.

I'll pay attention to this thread, and hope to catch up with fellow HAMBers out there.

JR

22. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

only 2 more weeks! Woo hoo
    If anyone wants to use right after my seminar on Thursday (that would be about 10am)to meet, Id be happy to- we could be right outside the room and hang for a bit . Its room N253 I think if memory serves me correct.

Seems we cant get ONE person to give us a good place/time , so Ill try and offer that up. If we dont end up with a formal meeting place- I guess just look for me and introduce yourself. It will be great to meet you all.

23. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

will you be at the New Products breakfast on Tues? Ill be there.

How do you get on a judging staff like that?

24. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

I like the idea of meeting right near the show. I know they have an outside bar like thing between the convention Ctr and the Hilton. How about there on Wednesday at 4-4:30pm? Think they serve just beer but its outside and the beers are COLD :D

25. Pete1930

Pete1930
    from Boston

I've got a meeting at AAPEX with a supplier Wed at 4, so I'll see whoever is there after 5 PM.

Pete

26. oldandkrusty

oldandkrusty

Jeeee-sus H. Keeeee-rist!!!! Who knew it would be this difficult to pick a place to gather and swap lies. Must be something in the air...

27. teddisnoke

teddisnoke
    from So Cal

I'll be there from Saturday to Saturday. The goal was to drive this up from SoCal early Saturday morning,then spend the whole day cleaning it up from the trip:

[​IMG]I
    Instead, its gonna get trailered up,to where we are staying, then driven about five miles or so over to the Convention Center to drain down the fuel tank. This is the first time I've ever had a car up there on display. I'm sure alot of you guys have already been down this road,but to be asked to have a "hobbyshop" built (for lack of a better word) inside on the main floor just twists my nut! I'll be working in the Derale booth,so if you care to stop in and say hello, maybe check out the Irwindale Dragstrip waterbox mud hanging off the car, it'd be nice to meet up with some of you!
    Dale
    [​IMG]

28. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

I PMd you to meet up on MOnda.

ONE WEEK !!!! wooo hoooooooooooooo cant wait:eek::cool::D

29. 5wbomber

5wbomber
    BANNED

come by the Dupli-Color booth and harass me and my roadster. please ill be lonely over there!!!! my roadster is killer, just did a re-paint yesterday and its lookin way too clean! see ya there!

30. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

If your up for it drop by the GM booth and check out the truck project I just finished, Not hamber friendly but still cool. Oh and its orange and hard to miss.

Sadly I'll be back at the shop working me butt off as usual.