Register now to get rid of these ads!

solid 36 lasalle body n frame.. whats it worth?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by str8axleford, Oct 13, 2008.

1. str8axleford

str8axleford

I have in law family in SD that has a 36 lasalle body complete with frame and grill shell sitting in his barn. I have thought about that car a lot and was telling the wife how cool it would be to build it. Its rot free from the dry weather out there, and its buried in a mini barn on the reservation (yes my wife is part indian born out there). I want to offer him something for it as he has fallen on hard times with his big family, but I dont want to insult him and I dont want to steal it from him. (you know indians.... I know indians... us foreigners screwed them out of the land and he is family.... so dont want to send out bad vibes just be honest).
    I dont have pics of it. When we were out there in march, I was just in awe and thought about it the whole trip pretty much, while the wife was giving me the scenic tour thru the black hills and such.... What do you think? Any thoughts are well accepted

2. Walk away. biz with family never ends happy. Too many others in the family will think you screwed him or he screwed you, all at the same time.

3. Rich Rogers

Rich Rogers

Be honest and flat out ask the in law what he or she or whoever would want for it. That way there shouldn't be any hard feelings. They make a great looking hot rod. I've been lookin for one myself but they are kinda big buck items

4. str8axleford

str8axleford

He traded a hot water heater n install for it out there (its amasing what the indans sell/trade). My wifes grandpa sold my gmc truck for a grand that I sold to her mom b.c she wanted it the summer before to her for 4... they do stupid stuff... its unreal

5. Rich Rogers

Rich Rogers

Then give it your own assessment and see what he says. Better to have him give you a price than for you to piss him off

6. str8axleford

str8axleford

I know how he is, hed probably just give it to me, but I know they are having a rough time, thats why I asked what is a fair deal... he is an awsome outgoing guy (funny how things in life change a person) and I am sure his wife would make him get rid of it to make more room on their property b/c he would bring something else in the barn

7. Sixguns

Sixguns

If you do pick it up, and part it out, I have been looking for a pair of tail lamp lenz for years now.

8. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

May I ask? What body style? I'm sure a coupe or even a convertible is worth a lot more than a 4 door. Might even be a long wheelbase model, which would add some to the value.

9. str8axleford

str8axleford

If I remember right, its a 4 door, and it is literally just a body (doors fenders, maybe he had the hood stashed, and grille and frame... I mean bear bones. It was buried in the back of his barn with all his projects. His health is failing, well lets just say the hospital diagnosed him as walking dead man... suprised he survived this long. Just wish I would have snapped some pics... caught in a moment from working all day, driving all night and talking all day with him... sleepless in SD was that weekend. So much wanted to do in a 3 day trip to and from there.