Register now to get rid of these ads!

1954 Buick Wildcat II

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jimmyv, Oct 13, 2008.

1. jimmyv

jimmyv

1954 Buick Wildcat II. Anyone ever seen one of these? I did a search and it seems to be a concept/show car. Did they only build one or did they build several? I found one for sale and wonder if it's a scam or not:

http://jackson.craigslist.org/cto/877836241.html

2. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

I call "bullshit"!

3. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

call. see what happens.

4. If I was close to Meridian I'd damn sure go take a look. What if it's the real deal? That would be a steal!

5. VoodooBlade

VoodooBlade

I call Bullshit also.
    That car would sell at Barret Jackson for over a Million dollars.

The Wildcat II now resides at the Alfred P. Sloan Museum in Flint, Michigan where it was restored to its original bright blue finish.

The 1954 Wildcat II was the second of three concept cars introduced in consecutive years to wear the Wildcat badge.

6. If I lived in Mississppi, I would have to check on it just out of curiousity. The big question would be title and proof of ownership. Can you say lawyer.

The picture on the left is taken in the G.M. Heritage center in Detroit. Let would leave the picture on the right as the supposed one for sale.

7. jimmyv

jimmyv

Well I just called. One number is disconnected. The other goes to some guy that says he knows nothing about the car. I also searched for the car and found a site that says 3 were built but they only know where 2 are. I found her address and it is real with her listed as living there. I am still trying to get in touch with her.

8. 6tall

6tall

I think I saw a feature on a Wildcat II on a show up here in Canada called ""Öld Autos TV"" but the car was blue. From what I gathered it would have been worth well over 9 grand. Sounds like a bogus ad to me.

9. If it wasn't for the pictures I'd have thought it was a typo and they meant 1964. I flagged it, anyways. Isn't it $10,000 the threshold the scam has to cross to get the FBI involved, or something?

You should email them and offer to send a cashier's check for $12,000 and they're to pay the other $3000 to your shipping agent in Nigeria.

10. jimmyv

jimmyv

It's a strange scam. You would think they would have a way to get in touch with them that worked if they were trying to get money out of it. They also went to the trouble of finding a real person with that address and phone number although the number is now disconnected. There is also a domestic violence report in a local paper with here listed at that address. She is also on a school website with that address and phone number. Very strange!

11. oilslinger53

oilslinger53
    from covina CA

bullshit. thats a 50's concept car, its probably worth 100s of thousands of dollars.maybe a typo? $90,000. still sounds low though

12. jimmyv

jimmyv

Yes and like I said I found a site that said 3 were built and they know where 2 of them are. It's pretty strange for a scam.

13. oilslinger53

oilslinger53
    from covina CA

dam, i didnt read the whole ad at first... maybe she is just a spitefull bitch. definately worth a look...

14. yep, that's my guess. Just trying to get people to call the number over and over again

15. hey jimmy why not ride over and look up the address? maybe see if old "Buggy" do got the car although it does look like bullshit..

16. battersea boys

battersea boys
    from surrey

Is that the buick show with the cadillac the bmw and the vette,

17. sinful_customs

sinful_customs
    from Raleigh,NC

There is a Wildcat II and it's parked in my garage, sometimes I take it out cruising with Bigfoot and we go to the Loch Ness monster's place......If anyone really had a Wildcat II for sale, they'd be smart about it and call some car museums to sell it.....they could get whatever they asked...