Register now to get rid of these ads!

HELP ID these spindle mount wheels and spindles

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by willys_truck, Oct 11, 2008.

1. willys_truck

willys_truck

I picked up these spindle mount wheels and spindles a while back, the wheels do not have a brand on them. They do have 15x3.00 stamped on the back. Does anyone know what brand they are or have any info on them? They look very similar to the crietz spindle mounts that I have seen before ,but I do not know. Also does anyone know what the spindles are for, they fit the wheels. thanks for any help!

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. willys_truck

willys_truck

3. They look like some Hallcraft Invader wheels that I had for a sportster chopper... The rear was 15x3... but I've never seen them for a car before.

Does it look like there was ever a flange on one side, possibly cut off to run on the spindles?

[​IMG]

4. willys_truck

willys_truck

That is the exact wheels that I have, but they were made for a car. The wheels do not look altered in any way, they have a spindle nut cover on them and a bearing lip seal on the back side. The guy i bought them from said that they were on a t bucket. I asked him what brand they were, he did not know, but he did say it was the same company that made harley wheels and that they also made them for cars.

5. Hallcraft quit making those after numerous law suits due to failures. They were also WAY TOO heavy for the front of a serious drag car.
    There have been numerous company's remaking them in recent years for bikes but they still pretty much suck, even if they look old school cool.

6. willys_truck

willys_truck

Does anyone know what type of spindles are in the pic, did they only make the wheels for one spindle?

7. squirrel

squirrel

the picture is really small, can't really see what's going on. how about a larger picture of the front of one spindle and the back of the other?

8. The spindles are early Volkswagon, what they call Link and Pin meaning King pin not Ball joint. The wheels were pretty common for Sand rails, same as I had on 2 different ones I've built. Don't remember the Brand name of them.
    The Wizzard

9. And we have a winner. Thats just sandrail stuff. Dime a dozen here in the southwest.

10. Yee Haa, it's my first time. What did I Win????

11. Ron Mayes

Ron Mayes

VW dune buggy or sand rail