Register now to get rid of these ads!

WHERE CAN i FIND THESE BODY CLAMPS AND WHAT ARE THEY CALLED???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MoparMan4GZUZ, Oct 11, 2008.

1. SAW THESE ON A THREAD ABOUT CHOPPING A PONTIAC, GUY SAYS HE GOT THEM FROM HARBOR FREIGHT, I WENT THERE, THEY DON'T HAVE A CLUE WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT, WENT ONLINE TO THE CATALOG AND COULD NOT FIND THEM EITHER. I AM READY TO CHOP MY DODGE PICKUP AND THESE WOULD COME IN REEEEEEAL HANDY. ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO GET THEM, THE CORRECT NAME FOR THEM OR THE HARBOR FREIGHT PART NUMBER?????? BUD :confused:

[​IMG]

2. OLDSKEWL61

OLDSKEWL61

got mine from hf few years ago wanted more never saw any more think Eastwood has them too.

3. Standard32

Standard32
    from LA

4. pool

pool

butt welding clamps the part number on my box is 44751 and they come as a 8pc set. good luck! pool

5. tooslow54

tooslow54

Get them at Harbor Freight. If I remember they were about $8 for 6 or so...

6. HasonJinkle

HasonJinkle

I got mine off'n Evilbay. They were a motherfucker to find since 'chingadero' is a bit of a broad term. The proper term is 'intergrip panel clamps.'

110292095058 at the Bay of Evil- they're $7.95 versus $29.99 at Eastwood and they're the same damned thing.

7. Flop

Flop

they are in the welding section at the ol harbor!

8. Ice man

Ice man

I made mine, out of some screws, 1/2 EMT some straping and now I have 20. I also don't have ready availability like you folks in the states. So down here we have to be very inventive. ice man

9. 93chevy55

93chevy55

im sure you found them alread and i used them to do cab corners they work really good holds it on tight and wont move good luck man

10. Dude,
    Avatar with the gun is just fuckin stupid! Doesn't belong here! Try something with a motor,or at least some class!

As far as the clamps...Harbor Frieght.

11. 63comet

63comet

Really? Policing avatars? I could understand if it was racist, sexist, obscene, something along those lines, but a picture of a dude at the firing range? Who peed in your shredded wheat?

12. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey,

If you can't find these, you can make them very easily! A four foot stick of Uni-Strut, a chop saw, a drill, a tap, some fender washers and round-
    stock, and you'll have some heavy-duty ones you'll never ware out!

Lay out how wide you want them (1" is good), drill & tap 5/16th or 1/4''
    hole through center of each 1'' "body". Cut "all thred" in 5/16"" or 1/4" X
    3'', cut as many of these as you have "bodys". Saw cut or grind a slit into
    each of the " all thred" pieces you've cut so they well except a fender
    washer 1''O.D. with a center hole that matches some 1/4" round stock
    say by 1.5". Weld or braze the fender washers to the "all thred'' pieces
    you've cut, thred the "all thred'' pieces into the bodys you've cut out,
    and they are ready for use. You can also use a wing nut on top of the
    body, to tighted the ''all thred" up into the body and not tap the body,
    your choice of construction.
    You can build a bunch of these in an hour if your any kinda fabricator.

Swankey Devils C.C.
    "Meanwhile, back aboard The Tainted Pork"

13. thanks for the info, got 12 of those dudes comin my way. Now.... How many inches to lop off that truck???? Bud

14. HanibleH20

HanibleH20

Anyone have the Harbor Break part #? I've been all over their web site and haven't found it.

15. dvmnorthwest

dvmnorthwest

As posted above, the Harbor Freight part # is 44751. They only carry them in the stores and are not listed online. They are in the welding section and most of the time the ding-dongs working there have no idea. Once again, they are not listed online but I just bought some from my local HF 2 months ago, so I know they still have them.

If you do a search for butt-welding clamps, I'm sure you'll find a thread on them. That's how I knew about them. God bless the HAMB!

16. lowrodderDon

lowrodderDon
    BANNED

I got mine from Dagger tools at the goodguys show, but they have a website "daggertools.com" cheaper than eastwood. heres the part #DBWC4

17. kustomkat

kustomkat

Hit up Alex Gambino @ Gambino's Kustom. He probably has some he could sell you. Seems to me I saw him at a show with them for sale. Good dude, he'll treat you right...

18. HanibleH20

HanibleH20

Thanks, I thought that must have been the Eastwood part # when it didn't show up on the web site!

19. VonMoldy

VonMoldy
    from UTARRGH!

I like the avatar. At least it isnt some stereotypical skull or something with flames or both.

20. 35mastr

35mastr
    from Norcal

I think Sellers here on the Hamb sells those also.I could of sworn that I saw them at his booth at the Asphalt Invatational.

21. Something with flames would be tacky,wouldn't it?

22. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

You've never been to Alaska.....have you????:D

That's part of the way of life there.....

There is a thread in the Tech-O-Matic on making your own clamps....

23. bigchuckstud

bigchuckstud

mac tool truck has them

24. 35mastr

35mastr
    from Norcal

Just got back from my local HF.I was gonna get a couple of sets of those clamps.I am in the welding section looking for them.I ask the kid where they are at.He tells me that they have been disontinued.He tells me that the last load they got went to the custom shop in the southbay.

25. Spedley

Spedley

Make em yourself.... Its waaaay easy. Some copper pipe, threaded rod, nuts and washers, some of that steel strapping thats used for shipping, and small nails..... VERY cheap to make.... Check the tech section for sheetmetal clamps.

26. slepe67

slepe67

make em...I bought some from Eastwood, and about 2 days later, I read in here how to build them, needless to sway, I wanted to kick myself in the butt....

by the way, BAD BOB...do you like MY avatar? hahaha, had to do it