Register now to get rid of these ads!

My first hot rod project

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Beef Stew, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Beef Stew

Beef Stew
    from So Cal

I've been lurking on here for a while and now that I have a real rod project I thought I'd finally get on here and say hi. Here's some background on me:

Born and raised in So Cal and lucky enough to have a Land Speed Racer for a dad. Grew up playing on/around a Bonneville racer which happens to be a steel '28 A roadster on real '32 rails. Back in the old days the old man ran different combos of Dodge and Chrysler Hemis... the old stuff like 241 Red Rams and 331/354 Chryslers.

Same old story for my dad... had kids and got out of racing for a while so everything sat for about 15 years. Then he got into early Ford four bangers and by time I was 16 we were running different four banger combos. We've run flatties, ohv, ohv crossflow, and ohc setups. I've grenaded many a four banger and have had a blast in the process (not blowing them up but going fast). Fast forward to today's time and we're now running a turbo flat head in an open wheel lakester. Last year I set a record at 153 mph up at Bonneville which makes our little banger the "World's Fastest". Neato, eh? :D

I've also been surrounding by hot rods and race cars and the like so wanting to do something different I've owned a bunch of different vehicles over the years. I started out with aircooled VW's (cheap and plentiful), played with Toyota trucks (they last forever), a couple of Chevy trucks, and recently I've been messing around with late model watercooled VW's (lame I know). So I've got a pretty diverse background to say the least and I've learned a ton of stuff along the way.

Well I finally picked up a "real" rod. It's a '29 Ford Model A Tudor Sedan. It's an old rod from the 60's that's been sitting for about 40 years. It's definitely a project and all I really wanted was the body but I got the full car. I'll be getting rid of the parts I won't be needing so keep an eye out for those. It's got a super rare Edelbrock 6x2 intake mani, a 40's Ford rear end, full Model A steel fenders and it's sitting on a boxed A frame. I won't be using any of this stuff so if anyone is interested let me know.

So that's about it. :cool:

Beef Stew

2. oldsman71

oldsman71

cool welcome to the hamb,sounds like you have had some pretty sweet hot rod adventures!!

3. ChrisMejia

ChrisMejia

Beef Stew, We look forward to some photos. You history should make for a great ride. Welcome aboard.

4. Beef Stew

Beef Stew
    from So Cal

Hey thanks guys. I'll try to get something together soon. I work for a SEMA company and the show is coming up soon so I'm pretty busy right now. Also, I just moved back home to So Cal from Colorado. I was out there for six years four of which while I was active duty Army. But all that's over and done with and now I'm back home.

5. HotRod33

HotRod33

That is way cool that you have ran at out at the dry lakes. You have done something that thousands of hot rodders dream about.....

6. whats that intake fit? and i cant wait to see some pics of your project!

7. welcome stew , pics pics man!!

8. welcome to the hamb...let's see some pix...sounds like ya got a good pedigree

9. Beef Stew

Beef Stew
    from So Cal

Ford 390... ugh.

10. Beef Stew

Beef Stew
    from So Cal

The Sedan is finally home. :D

[​IMG]

11. Hot Rodz R Us

Hot Rodz R Us
    Member Emeritus

Looks good from here, post some more pics......

12. keeper

keeper
    from So Cal

What ratio is the rear end that you are going to get rid of?

13. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

Welcome aboard....with your background and current project, looks like you're in the right place....