Register now to get rid of these ads!

BIG WEEK @ KUSTOM LANE Melbourne

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by striper, May 11, 2008.

1. striper

striper

It's been a big week for Tony who owns Kustom Lane Gallery, the only Kustom Culture venue in Melbourne. It began with a huge opening last weekend for his Kustom Island surf and Tiki exhibition. A couple of nights of pinstriping classes with Doug Dorr (one of which I was lucky enough to attend) and continued with a party yesterday featuring Doug's striping talents, a BBQ and beer for gold coin donation, and "The Greazy Hawiians", The best Italian based surf band in the country. Heaps of cars too, Mercs, Buicks, Caddys.

Have a week off Tony, let the liver recover and come up with the next great exhibition idea.

I didn't take many pics but here's a couple. Doug striping in the dark and rain, some Tikis from Watangu (sp), Melbourne's own Tiki carver and one of my boy Eddie with his favoutite Tiki.

Attached Files:

2. striper

striper

All you Aussies gone to bed already?

3. Nekronomicon

Nekronomicon

Where was this advertised??? I didnt see anything and would have loved to go! Will there be more striping classes?

Thanks for posting the photos

4. Hey Striper, I was there yesterday and it was a kik ass turnout. the Greasy hawaiians were great and my kind of people all over.

Special thanx to Doug for layin some awesome lines on my 57 wagon's tailgate. I wish I could find my camera to post up some pix.

Tony has pulled out all stops and set up a real nice gallery for us kustom kulture fans !!

Well done guys, see link !!

http://www.myspace.com/kustomlane

Rat

5. does kustomlane have a website or a myspace? i bought a set of rod and custom little books off tony at the ballarat swap...nice guy, havent gotten round to checkin the place out just yet and info on upcoming shows and stuff would be greatly appreciated.

6. Retroline

Retroline

Tony told me all about this and I should have made the trip down. It just happened to soon for me. I hope to get down to his gallery one day. Thanks for the photos.

7. striper

striper

Anyone else have any pics from the weekend? I put this up hoping others may have been busier on the shutter than I was.

Frank, I'm not sure if we have met. I know we have spoken on the phone and I keep seeing your cars at things. Could you wear a T shirt that says something like "Hi, I'm Rat Bastad" or soemthing?

Pete

8. Was unbelievably hung over or I would have made it...=[
    (as in I would not have legally been able to drive all day.......)

Tony has set up a brilliant gallery there...love the place.

MAIKI

9. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Those Tiki's are cool.....it looked like alot of fun.

10. so random that i was asking for info a few hours earlier not knowing about this show. i just saw a promo poster for the show on a billboard fence in my neighbourhood while i was out for a walk/jog. doh!

11. Gearhead Mike

Gearhead Mike

AND the guy just brought in so much cool Gearhead magazines and gear that it will make your heads spin! Good Onya Tony!

12. striper

striper

Tony is really working hard for the whole "Kustom" culture scene here in Melbourne. I'm sure it doesn't pay any bills for him either. He just loves to do it.

Well done Tony.

Pete

13. COOP666

COOP666
    from Austin TX

14. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Seriously that's messed up.

15. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

Not good at all.. How does that happen coop?

16. COOP666

COOP666
    from Austin TX

Ask Von Xerox.