Register now to get rid of these ads!

sf rod and custom show?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rocket8, Oct 7, 2008.

1. rocket8

rocket8
    from antioch CA

anyone heard wether or not the suede palace is happening this year? ive heard yes and ive heard no....

anyone got the facts?

2. tommy v

tommy v

i herd the other day that there is NOT going to be an down stairs ,and they moved the show to the end of feburary

3. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

at this moment it definatly is not!!!

4. rocket8

rocket8
    from antioch CA

damn. well....i say that the car club night still needs to happen in brisbane. thats always a damn good time

5. Devin

Devin
    from Napa, CA

any reasons for the changes?

6. brewsir

brewsir

The word is straight from RPProductions.....
    "No suede palace as a few Rat Rodders ruin it for everybody by drinking their bottle beer and walking around with their quarts of whiskey. We will have about a dozen of carefully screened state of the art suede rod and customs in the side hall upstairs. We were the first indoor show to bring the Rat Rodders in, but the last few years it has been getting to crazy. Sorry we had to do this."

Of course this is from a venue that sells beer at its event...guess he didn't like the bottles and not so family friendly atmosphere (if drinking offends your family values) Personally I think he never really liked "rat rodders" which the suede palace wasn't full of anyway....just a bunch of hot rodders with different standards than the show guys upstairs.

7. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

guess they were making too much money. what are they going to fill the place up with? bitchin camaros and fart can ricers?

8. Yup....look at the rule book I posted earlier....

9. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

jeeze... that's a lot of rules.

guess I'll have to start going to Sacramento for my annual indoor car show.

10. blackmopar

blackmopar
    from fallbrook

11. ibcalaveras

ibcalaveras

We didn't go last year, we don't concider ourselves "Rat Rodders"

I agree with Brewsir and 49ratfink. We are Hot Rodders of the traditional kind and they have too many stinking Rules... D

12. The show seemed way down on both cars & attendees last year....

13. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Sounds like the show might be one step away from ending. Let's face it as well, The Cow Palace is kind of ugly, old and in need of a serious cleanup, and I never thought it was a great place for a car show.

We need to find some other cool old industrial building to have a nice winter indoor show for the Bay Area. Anybody have any ideas? Is that old Ford plant in Richmond still empty or is it being converted to housing now? That would of course be a perfectly fitting place.

14. Ya know I was wanting to go with my car this next year but as I have swade thats out! Well its sac town and Blackies show if nothing more then to look, any info on if Autorama will have a swade building ?

15. Devin

Devin
    from Napa, CA

The show has been in a state of decline over the past couple years. How about Christie Field or Fort Mason? I see the headlines now now in the San Francisco Comical: "rat rods invade the Marina!". I don't know if it could be done, but Mare Island in Vallejo would be a cool setting .

16. rocket8

rocket8
    from antioch CA

17. Not exactly a venue for a big car show...although if we could get the city elders to close Main Street......

:rolleyes:

18. brewsir

brewsir

Mare Island hosted a concours d'elegance for awhile.....but the cost was very prohibitive and required the people running the show to jump through many hoops to make it happen...so I would say no to that. With todays economy it seems there should be plenty of vacant buildings and space available...hell half a dozen ford dealers went belly up in the bay area in the last 2 months!

19. Jason of Oakland

Jason of Oakland

How about the Alameda Navel Air Station? Don't they have airplane hangers available?

20. rocket8

rocket8
    from antioch CA

i was thinkin the same thing. and i know demarcos isnt the palce for a big show.....but it was one hell of a good time hanging out there for car club night. thats all i meant by it.

21. notebooms

notebooms
    Alliance Member

I don't think the problem is the Cow Palace-- more so about the promoters decision. Sure the Palace is old, but i definitely don't think its ugly..... hell, just because its not "modern," politicians have been trying to kill the place.

Scroll down in this little article to read a good old Evel Knievel / fight adventure that happened at the Cow Palace:http://notebooms.com/blogger/?p=126

Cow Palace has got great history. Wish we could help continue it better.

-scott noteboom

22. Von Franco

Von Franco

That `s what happens when low tech and hi tech get to geather.One of them gotta go
    looks like I`ll never do that show again.....................

23. PhatCaddy

PhatCaddy

Last year a group of people recieved calls Thursday and were told if they had their car at the Cow Palace by noon Friday there would be no charge to enter.

Dick Perry, opps Rick Perry has not been too friendly of a promoter since the late 80s when he was running "Western Street Machine Assoc." Yea I'm old.

Brian

24. studhud

studhud

The Cow Palace will probably be torn down to make way for condo's and retails shops that will replace it. At least thats what been in the news for the last 6 months. The suede room declined over the last few years anyways the only thing I will mis is the tradition of it going to that show. Hope Perry gets rich without my car there or me even buying a ticket I'll be home wrenching instead! LTR Dave

25. low49

low49
    from 209and408

fuck rick and his show.....

26. Can't get your suede in to the SF Rod & Custom Show? Don't sulk... I just heard the Last Originals CC and the Laf-a-Lots CC are throwing an all-day party/Car Show on Saturday, February 21st starting at 10am at the 7 Mile Club located at 2800 Bayshore (at Geneva) in Brisbane, CA 94005. Suedes will be welcomed with open arms and you can park next to whoever the hell you want. Oh and a special note to the ratrodders.... you won't need to walk around with bottles or pay outrageous registration or entry fees, the 7 Mile Club will have a full bar loaded and ready for your drinking enjoyment plus live bands! More details to follow.

27. 58chevy

58chevy

the last originals and the laf-a-lotts are putting on a free show at the 7 mile house bar and grill on feb 21 from 10-4. this is the saturday of the sf rod and custom show. all cars and bikes are welcome, and it is free! the 7 mile house is 3-4 blocks east of the cow palace, where geneva ends at bayshore. we will have bands, food and drink specials and the event is free! we hope that all clubs or those that were rejected from the show will be there and put a dent in the sf rod and custom and cow palace pockets. there is parking for about 1000 cars across from the bar and room for about 50 in front. pass this on to everyone and make shure to tell them it free! buy your own food and drinks and no bbq's in the lot. i will post more later.

28. See the previous post.... lol... I was ON it. ;) I personally won't be able to make it. I forgot we will be in Disneyland. I know some of the Bombshells were planning on going and I will continue to help you guys promote.

29. See attached fyler for Laf-A-Lots CC & Last Originals party at the 7 Mile Club.

Attached Files: