Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Southern Culture on the Skids.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Larry T, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Larry T

Larry T

2. silent rick

silent rick

yep, been on here a million times

3. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

That is sweeeeet. Gary

4. Larry T

Larry T

Sorry 'bout that, I should have done a search first.

5. halfcockedcustoms

halfcockedcustoms

that band is great,,,you got to see them live

6. Close peronal friends of mine.....well not really but they did come to my BBQ after the Primer Nats. I never miss them when they play in LA!

[​IMG]

7. Gigantor

Gigantor

Nice folks - had the pleasure of meeting Rick in a dive bar in Portland Maine. He walked through the crowd and I swear I was the only one who knew who the hell he was. When he climbed up on the stage 5 minutes later, there were a lot of dumb looks from a lot of dumb people. Great show, every time. Oh yeah, that video is fun too.

8. DirtyDan

DirtyDan

Seen them Friday night in St. Louis... Put on a great show as usual!

9. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well, It's the first time I have seen the video and I have to say thanks. I saw one car I recognized from the older magazines and that was the blue 34 Ford Roadster.

10. I say Rick is one of the best geetar player on the planet, Rick Miller, Eddie Angel and Dave Gonzales are all heroes of mine. I don't know how that thing stays in tune, he wails on it all night like a maniac and the thing always sounds perfect and every note in place. I love watching talented people!

11. stinsonart

stinsonart

Aaahhh...Good ol' Detroit Dragway! Cool!

12. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

Hahaha, didnt even realize they were a group when I talked to them, at your place.
    Cool video

13. ProEnfo

ProEnfo
    from Motown

Thanks Larry... that place looks familiar :D

CC

14. NOTCH

NOTCH

Thats one of my all time fav's
    cool shit

15. gearjam1

gearjam1

They played in Carbondale last week. Played, and played and played!! First time seeing them live. Best $10 I've spent in a looong time!!

16. Burny

Burny

They rock. Hadn't seen 'em in awhile, but caught they're show in Echo Park over Labor Day weekend... They did not disappoint!

...Bannana Puddin'...

17. Only thing that blows about where I live is the lack of good live music like that.........been a while since that disk was played.

18. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

I love that original film and the band rocks..I always try to go see them when they come around.

19. Zeke

Zeke

I always have SCOTs on while I'm cooking it up for my joes. I love their music.

20. Roadsters.com

Roadsters.com

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ouCud_Lx_co&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ouCud_Lx_co&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Technically, this is one of the easiest styles of rock to play, and yet it's one of the more difficult to play well. It's common for people to overplay, but Southern Culture keeps it simple, as did The Blasters - one of the greats.

Dave
    http://www.roadsters.com/

Last edited: Oct 7, 2008
  21. Roadsters.com

Roadsters.com

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oEeQpiryZ1c&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oEeQpiryZ1c&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Just one more. This is the real thing, folks.

Dave
    http://www.roadsters.com/

22. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

And they most likely remember you, hell even your name. Super people. If you remember their keyboard player Crispy he's in a band with the HAMB's very own Murph, the band Killer Filler

I want to show Rick this post. He'd hem and haw and get all super humble. Super guy. I remember when they were just starting out and I booked them at the Fallout Shelter (a local club here), hell it was before Mary was in the band. Damn I feel old now.... that was 20 years ago.

23. retroridesbyrich

retroridesbyrich
    from Central NC

It was an older thread about the Deja Vroom on the HAMB that introduced me to SCOTS. I've seen 6 times in the last two years and they always deliever the goods! Great band.

24. sololobo

sololobo

Thanks!! I needed that injectin of the band. Haven't seen them since the L.S.R. they always put on a dynomite show. Plus the you tube led me into some other vids of Robbie Fulks and a great story from Billy Joe Shaver about Waylon blowing up a back room of a club that didn't pay the band. Great stuff. Music is the lube for our hot rod brains!!-Sololobo

25. retroridesbyrich

retroridesbyrich
    from Central NC

Rick Rules...

Attached Files:

26. I like the hiiden track about "plastic seat sweat" and the flying fried chicken when you see them live..lol

27. 53chevy

53chevy

Great band for sure, Rick is an awesome guitar player. First time I saw them was back in 94 in Virgina Beach at some crab joint restaurant, awesome show! And of course here in SoCal. Rick's a funny guy too!

Ken

Oh! Bring Back SleezeFest (Hahahaha!!!)

28. LastMinuteMark

LastMinuteMark
    from So. Cal.

man ive been looking for info on this band, this is the band that was playing at the end of the day on sat, at the primer nats 08......right?

is the name of the band, Southern Culture on the Skids or is that just a song name....???

Last edited: Oct 7, 2008
  29. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

They've been trying, it just seems that it's day may be done, Chapel Hill has changed a bit.

Yep it's a band... they've been simply S.C.O.T.S. here for years. And that link will take you to their page.

30. LastMinuteMark

LastMinuteMark
    from So. Cal.

Thanks for the info/link zman

good thing im armed with a credit card today....i now have 3 cd's heading my way