Register now to get rid of these ads!

Barons Hill Country 100!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BARNETT, Oct 4, 2008.

1. The Barons put on one helluva nice car cruise/show today! Cars actually got driven to and/or through the hill country, then parked and displayed while everyone walked around, listened to live music, checked out the valve cover race or the "death race" or....well...lots to see and and do! Thanks guys...and Baronesses too! You live in Texas and didn't go?! Your loss...better luck next year!

The much anticipated valve cover race was killer! Amazing display of creativity, speed and style...sometimes all in one vc racer!

I'm stoked...this was the first big road trip for my recently purchased '64 Fairlane 500. All in all, it did alright! We made it to and from the event without any issues, so I can't bitch. I gotta get busy and step up the looks of my heap, though.

We only took a few pics...well, actually my wife took the pics. I goofed off.

Thanks for the fun, Barons and Baronesses!

Post 'em if you got 'em!

From left to right, top row...
    1.) Some Barons
    2.) Some trophys
    3.) The Valve Cover Racers after the mayhem!
    Second row....
    1.) Valve cover Racers...Von Franco's Tiny Dancer :)D...I just made up that name...sorry Franco!;)) Next to him is the winning VC Racer...a Moto Guzzi "Pasta Apostle" (Cliff, you built one speedy damn vc racer!).
    2.) The line up one more time...some clever chit there, man!
    3.) Lux and some ugly tattooer/pinstriper

Attached Files:

2. Oh, yeah...not to brag, but the guys gave me "Barons' Choice Best Valve Cover Racer"! I was a little embarrassed, but stoked!:D

Attached Files:

3. D.W.

D.W.
    from Austin Tx.

Another great show guys! Laura & I had a blast! Thanks for having us.

I'm gonna have to get in on that VC racing action next year.

4. BLAKE

BLAKE

Ha! Whatta day! Beautiful Texas weather, a beautiful hill country drive from/to Austin, and another helluva good time hosted by the Barons in Kerrville. The Death Race was a blast... I can see that growing at future events.

DAN - really great seeing you and Babs again... been too long... and that Galaxy rules. Come spend a day in Austin soon and the Mexican food is on us!

5. Blake...it was great seeing you and Joyce as well! We gota get together more often. Oh...ssshhh...it's a Fairlane....ssshhh (I know that you actually know that...it's ben a long day). ;) You and Joyce have some pretty clean hotrods!

DW...killer car, man!

It was cool visiting with everyone today. Just the right number of people...not over-whelming or hectic, just casual.

6. Evilfordcoupe™

Evilfordcoupe™

Had a great time today. Glad to be able to hang out with you all.

-Jason

7. D.W.

D.W.
    from Austin Tx.

Thanks Dan. It was good to meet you again. Maybe next year, I'll find time to tag along w/ ya'll to do a little skating.

8. D.W.

D.W.
    from Austin Tx.

We don't have this guy saying Ya"ll yet?

Hows about....all ya'll?

9. Yeh...I'm bummed. I haveta work tomorrow, so no skating for me. :mad: Oh well...I'll bet Eric is waaay too hung over to skate tomorrow. :D If you wanna hit Round Rock sometime, let me know...I've been itchin to skate that place!

Jason...always good to see you, but always better to see Whitneye!:D Here's Whitneye trying to sneak a bite before BigFoot steals all the nachos.

Attached Files:

10. belair

belair

I had a good time. Who drove in with that white 54(?) ford hard top? It was amazing. And the chopped 51 ford was awesome. Good vibe. Thanks Barons.

11. Sounds like a great cruise and a great day. I will definately come on down next year. Are any of you barons going to come up for Day of the Drags? If not see you at Pistons and Paint again.

12. BLAKE

BLAKE

Who said I was talkin' about your car? You didn't see that killer Galaxy down the hill...? It's not ALL about YOU, Dan... jeez.

:D

13. geemann51

geemann51

What a hoot; thank you Barons. Beautiful drive and an excellent show. Good times...

14. greasy lil girl

greasy lil girl

It was a great day indeed! Nice weather, great drive, and of course good friends along the way. I actually took some good pictures too! Thanks to the Barons for a terrific show.

I wonder how many people are in the D.T's from the green lemonaid?

15. Evilfordcoupe™

Evilfordcoupe™

HA HA HA HA HA HA.

-Jason

16. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

The '54 was Jimmie Vaughan's ride, built be Gary Howard. The red and white shoebox belongs to Gman. The days of a semi-decent car like Shine-O-Matic bringing home hardware are long gone. The qualitiy of the nice cars was way up, and will continue to go up at this show. The quality of the not so nice cars seems to have stayed about the same.

More importantly though, teams from our Austin caravan won 1st-3rd in the Death Race. Casey set the bar at 35 seconds. Our teams went 7 seconds, 8 seconds, and 9 seconds. Congrats to DW and Lar-a for death racing their asses off.

Also, congrats to Firedome's Pasta Apostle for winning the Valve Cover Race. Not that I have a chance, but I'm building one to come after you next year.

Angy and I had a blast. The weather was perfect, plenty of stuff to do, and a host club that made us feel really welcome at the show.

17. Von Franco

Von Franco

Man what a great time,The Barons know how to do it right.Good food,music was great
    and the valve cover races was a hoot.But I didn`t know at the time when my valve cover (speedie) was up against the champ,well the gate went down and speedie got stuck,but still made a good go.We`ll be there next year,great show thanks............

18. We had a great time! The hill country is beautiful. We decided to take a detour through Bandera on the way. HW 16 is nice to there, but it was a little interesting after we left Bandera to head towards Kerrville. Of course, we missed the 173 turn, so not knowing, we kept heading down 16 the whole way there. Well, if any of you have ever gone that way before, then you probably remember the "hill". That was quite an adventure getting up and down that thing. Old cars were not made for shit like that! But, after we made it through, it was another beautiful ride the rest of the way to the park. The show was great! It's getting bigger each year. Good weather...good band...the Death Race and Valve Cover race was fun to watch. At one point though, I did drop my $300 camera and broke the fkn LCD screen! Oh well, shit happens.... Anyway, here are a few pics I took on the trip there, at the Courthouse in Bandera, the HILL, and a few at the park. I'll post the rest after I scale them down to fit. Great job guys!

Attached Files:

19. Firedome

Firedome
    from Austin, TX
    1. THE YAY-HOOS

Man, y'all get up early!... That was a FUN day, Thanks Barons for putting on a great show!

We had a blast looking at the great hot rods, participating in the Death Race and racing the wild array of VC racers that were there.

A Damn Fine show filled with Damn Fine folks!

20. droplord49

droplord49
    from Bryan, Tx

What a great time!!!! Big thanks to all of the BARONS for putting on a great show and especially to my homie Alex for letting me rock his coupe for the weekend. Didn't make it in time for the run but the drive up there and hanging in the park was a blast. Here are a few pics from our trip.

Attached Files:

21. droplord49

droplord49
    from Bryan, Tx

few more

Attached Files:

22. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

More importantly though, teams from our Austin caravan won 1st-3rd in the Death Race. Casey set the bar at 35 seconds. Our teams went 7 seconds, 8 seconds, and 9 seconds. Congrats to DW and Lar-a for death racing their asses off.

congrats on the win DW and the Austin teams
    man that`s a weird feeling being blindfolded and driving
    I thought 35 seconds was pretty good ? but 9-8and 7seconds Dam !
    that was fun !

great job barron`s what a great time !

will post way to many pictures of the run and the fun :)
    after a nap

23. I’d like to thank everyone for coming out to the show. All of you are great contributors to the vibe and the good times at the show every year. Y’all gave us some great ideas for the Blind Folded Death Race. Look for it to be longer and more technical next year. The seven year old is already in the shop building “Speedy Two” and has a picture of the “Pasta Apostle” on his dart board. We’ve already started to throw some ideas around for other activities next year. If it wasn’t for the teamwork of an outstanding club that I am fortunate to be a member of, this event would not have gone as smoothly as it has. Thanks for all of the great comments that have been posted and please let us know if you have any other great ideas / suggestions to make the next show better. I want to thank everyone that made it to the show. We look forward to seeing you again next year!!

-El Marko-

Sandman
    Barons
    So.TX

24. Crease

Crease

I know I speak for all of the Barons and Baronesses when I say that we were completely overwhelmed by the support from "ya'll". :) I had a few hints from the HAMB that the show was going to be well supported, but HOLY WHAT THE!!!! I can't begin to express how thankful we all are for the support and encouragment in getting this show rolling. My favorite part of any hot rod weekend is always getting to see old friends and meet a ton of cool folks. This weekend was no exception. I was absolutely amazed by the quality of the cars at the show. Like Buzzard said, the quality of sleds is just getting better and better. We had a heck of a time picking the best kustom (darn Austin crew making us work) and then the best of show was a Kustom too! Thanks for making my year!

25. Crease

Crease

Oh and uh Casey.....it's official you're still frickin crazy.

Glad your back at it man!

26. HRH

HRH

Just like Mark said, thanks everyone for coming out to the show! I wish I could have been at the Rally and the car show but mitigating circumstances at work kept me from coming. I made it to all of the Saturday night events and was happy to see some old familiar faces and make acquaintance with some new ones. Hope to see you all at the Drags

christian

27. HRH

HRH

Why the hell haven't you moved down here yet Steve? Starting to get cold up there on you!

28. Christian said, "mitigating"?!:eek: Damn...a guy gets some fancy hydrolicie-baggie thingies on his car and next thing you know, he's throwin around $5 words!;) Sorry I missed you, man.

29. Crease

Crease

I think he used sewer pipe in place of hose, that thing drops like the Titanic!!!!! :)

You could crush cock roaches with that thing Christian!!!

30. Hey Crease...you should call your old buddy....did you notice how many cars are sporting green?! ;)