Register now to get rid of these ads!

Any 57-60 mercs out there

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by prime mover, Oct 21, 2006.

1. prime mover

prime mover

The HAMB population has increased alot in the last couple years just wondering if any more fans have come on the scene.

2. prime mover

prime mover

they must have went underground.

3. prime mover

prime mover

4. Lstude

Lstude

A friend of mine just bought one.

[​IMG]

5. Squablow

Squablow

Someone posted pictures of a real sweet wagon maybe a month ago, I think the thread was called "wagons are back" or something like that. I stole his color idea for my '59 Edsel.

The late 50's Mercuries are all the rage in Europe, I've seen a shitload of them get bought and shipped off to Sweden and Finland. I can see why, they're cool.

6. prime mover

prime mover

I know the mercury club of norway is the shit, wish we shared the love here.

7. long drive for a club meeting.....I dig 58 mercs myself,I grew up with my mom driving a 58 merc ragtop,traded for a new 68 montego mx ragtop..I still got it

8. edselfish

edselfish

hello all,edselfish here in south australia.i just joined the hamb today.have known of it for a while just never got around to joining.i have a 57 merc turnpike cruiser.4 door hardtop.cruiser skirts,connie kit etc.
    purchased it while in CA last year.will try to post a photo but i have no idea what i am doing.

9. Hey, I looked over my fence and there's one there. :eek:
    Sounds like the same one.

10. From the Rikster post
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Mercury Kid

Mercury Kid

There is a guy that comes to the local thursday night cruise with a '58 wagon. He has a friend with a '57 turnpike cruiser that is awesome. I could never clean that much chrome! Or even try to park a car that long.

12. roger c

roger c
    from Kent WA

Here's my 58 Mercury Monterey. The California Highway Patrol ordered 325 two door Monterey sedans in June of 1958. The cars were equipped with a 430, Multi-Drive automatic trans, radio delete, clock delete, manual steering, manual brakes and prepared by Bill Stroppe(Mexican Road Race Lincolns) in Long Beach CA. See Hot Rod Magazine, October 1958.

So far, I've replaced the trunk and front floor, rebuilt the front suspension, removed the body, painted the frame and rebuilt the trans. Now for the engine, body work and paint....

Attached Files:

13. Demo Derby X-100

Demo Derby X-100

1959 Mercury Park Lane (demo derby car)

This is what is looked like when we got it, right before the derby (in background) and after shots.

Footage of the car in action - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UTLHNdFuUo

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. For some reason, I don't think that's what he meant. I wouldn't have posted those if I were you. I mean, a '59 2dr hardtop Mercury, with a 70s Chevy steering wheel? Dude, not trad.

15. 390Merc

390Merc
    from Indiana

There's a few in the junkyards around where I live. At least a couple 59's and a 58, maybe more. Was a 57 too but it got crushed.

Attached Files:

16. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

What a waste.:mad::mad::mad: Poor old Merc.:(:(:(

17. Why would you demo derby a car like that? :mad::confused::(

Run out of late model shit?

18. getting them from the woods w/ thier shotguns maybe? :) I hate threads like this one. I take pride in resurections not destruction. WOW!

19. Demo Derby X-100

Demo Derby X-100

What's not traditional about looking around your shop and working with what you've got? Would you have liked the car better if it had a period correct steering wheel??? Doubt it.

I love cars just as much as you do, but this was NOT my car to deceide if it got destroyed or not. I didn't want the car to go to the derby so all I could do is document it.

The person who started this thread asked if there were any 57-60 Mercs out there and I felt obligated to respond.

20. Here's a few pictures of my friend DooWop's '60. He's owned it for years. It always rides this low--no bags or hydros. This is one of my favorite cars 'round these parts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is my late friend Charlie's '58 Merc. He traded a pretty nice Ranchero for it. It's a wonder these big body Mercs aren't more popular. They are really kool!

[​IMG]

This is a '60 I found on the internet somewhere. Nice ride.

[​IMG]

I know this thread calls for '57-60 Mercs, but I had to include this awesome '61. '61's have similar characteristics as the 1960 models, so I thought I'd throw it in. This car is from Japan................E

[​IMG]

21. That black one is a 62', and a fine automobile none the less, as the rest of them in your pictures, very nice.

22. Spooky

Spooky

Charlie was one helluva guy.

He was always one who saw through what Detroit passed on as a "final" product.

He dropped my Galxie I had waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back when..

23. 60widewhitez

60widewhitez

Some of the coolest looking cars ever made and they look like lowriders from the factory!! I rode in a 57 turnpike cruiser 4 door hardtop when I was 13 years old and I have wanted one since!! I hope to get one after I finish school.. I have a 60 Impala 4 door hardtop that I am going to sell to get me a mercury!!

24. bone7169

bone7169
    from missouri

Here's A 57 Mercury Montclair convertible my father bought it new in St. louis was parked in 1969 sat til 2004 I've been restoring it for 6 years tuxedo black ecz 312 Y block, black and white interior town and country radio w/dual antenna's .

Attached Files:

25. alphues

alphues

I have owned many 57/60 Mercurys over the past 40 years. In high school I drove a 59 Monterey 4 door sedan. 30 years ago I bought a 1959 Parklane 2 door hardtop from the original owner in Dos Palos,Ca. It still has the original paint, interior under plastic, and 430 engine with 77,000 miles on it.:)

I've had all 4 years of merc colony park wagons at the same time. Mercury had the only 2 door hardtop station wagons in 57/59. I even found and bought a 1959 Mercury Memphian Ambulance!

below are some of my mercs both past and present, enjoy!

Attached Files:

26. Yeah BABY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Going into the garage next :D Takes 2 to make one great one !

Oldmics

Attached Files:

27. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

i want this for my 15yr old daughter!

Attached Files:

• merc.jpg
      merc.jpg
      File size:
      79.4 KB
      Views:
  28. 62dartman

62dartman

A Couple i took last week. Really takin' to this heap.....

Attached Files:

29. 62dartman

62dartman

Oooops, wrong pic^

Attached Files:

• merc.jpg
      merc.jpg
      File size:
      367.1 KB
      Views: