Register now to get rid of these ads!

Gaylord's Chevy AD shop truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by motorbreath53, Sep 29, 2008.

1. motorbreath53

motorbreath53
    from SoCal

2. motorbreath53

motorbreath53
    from SoCal

I know these "pic requests" can be a pain in the ass guys.... sorry to be persistant...

...anyone know who built this truck? or know if it were featured in a mag at some point?

3. No_Respect

No_Respect
    from So-Cal

Sorry no pics but that is one wild truck I saw it when it was first done. It has a blown? or Turbo sbc that I would love to have in any closed hood hot rod!!!!

4. Rikster

Rikster

Photos from the net... I think Dave Lindsay took some of them...

Sorry no interior photos...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. dante81_98

dante81_98
    1. A-D Truckers

I think I may still have the truckin magazine with that truck in it. I will take a look and scan it in if I do.

Later,
    Chad

6. I know I have it. It's sitting in the bottom of my tool box at work. I'll try to remember to bring it home tomorrow. And if Dante81 doesn't find it I'll try to find a scanner.

7. motorbreath53

motorbreath53
    from SoCal

thanks for the replies gentlmen...

i'll try to sniff out the Truckin' website too.... maybe they still have a link to the feature?

8. whid

whid

thought one of the classic truck mags did somewhat of a build up on that one. i'm wantin to say around 95-97 ???..........dave

9. always been one of my favorite shop trucks

10. 65 impala

65 impala

yes that is a very kool truck

11. ///Juan

///Juan

It was built by Lance... he's on here, goes by Faded, be patient and he'll jump in and answer questions. Ask him about the bed lid, he loves to answer that question (Sorry Lance).

Just saw it cruising around this past weekend at Cruising for a Cure.

12. motorbreath53

motorbreath53
    from SoCal

actually... no offense to Gaylord's Covers or the truck, but I could give or take the bed lid....I've got plans for the bed that I don't want covered... specially' by fiberglass...... so i promise not to ask him where to get one:D

The chop n' channel is friggun perfect to me though. The stance is sick.... www's and the wheel choice too cool....

My truck is just going together unchopped and bagged for now, (its gotta drive in a year for a wedding...)

...but someday I hope to head this same direction... (for the body at least...)

I do remember seeing a feature a while back... in one of the classic trucks magazines.... but can't find the pics...

thanks again for all the replies friends... much apreciated...

13. Lowlife

Lowlife
    from MO. USA

one more

Attached Files:

14. dante81_98

dante81_98
    1. A-D Truckers

sorry fellas, i couldn't find my copy. Maybe someone else can scan a copy in.

Later
    Chad

15. I found my copy of the magazine but now I need to find a way to scan it. It's the May 1999 issue if Truckin' if anybody else might have it.

16. Dirt Diggler

Dirt Diggler

I had the same issue. Wasn't it a 1997 or 1998 issue? I remember it was a ways back. I remember going through the trucks pages over and over. This truck started my AD obsession.

17. motorbreath53

motorbreath53
    from SoCal

May 99' ..... thanks man. I'll sniff through my magazine's too.... maybe i've got that one around too....

18. I've always wandered what the Gay Lords rode around in. They're out of Frisco right?

Just kidding, I like that truck. I rarely like purple paint but, I have a thing for purple flames...it's a long story. That twin turdo small block looks like it could rock your world!!! I'd like to see some build coverage of it too.