Register now to get rid of these ads!

1935 Plymouth PJ

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Japster, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Japster

Japster

Hi All,

After a long search on the internet thank god i found this forum!
    My name is Jasper (28 Years old) and i live in The Netherlands i always had a big interest in pre-war cars especially cars from the states.
    About 2 Weeks ago i found a 1935 Plymouth PJ @ a oltimer dealer,I immediately fell in love with this car. Here in The Netherlands this type was not availible in 1935 this car is a import so that makes is very special.
    I was wondering if somenone could help me with some info about things (motor, Chassis etc) that need special attention before i am gong to purchase this car. Also is it very hard to restore and is it difficult to get spare parts?
    The Dealer want's 6500 Euro for this car that is almost 10000 US Dollars, below you will find some pictures of the car that i made with my camera.
    Is it worth it?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

There is some rust in the doors by the window and on the windshield by the window...

What do U think?

Thanks a million!

Jasper

PS Sorry for my crappy English

2. skidsteer

skidsteer

From your pictures, it looks very nice, has it been stored indoors? If the body is solid, and the car is in running condition, I think $10,000 USD is a fair price. In addition to the windshield frame, look for rust in the trunk floor, the bottoms of the doors, and under the running boards.
    Get a copy of Hemmings Motor News, or a subscription. There will be some Plymouth parts dealers listed there. Also, there are many parts available on eBay, although not everyone will ship to Europe. Also, many parts interchange with Chrysler, Dodge, and DeSoto. A HAMB'er from the Netherlands named Rolec posted a few weeks ago about a '37 DeSoto, you may want to send him a Private Message, he may know where to find Chrysler products parts.

3. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

It looks like a pretty solid car for the money. If you need help with parts in the US I would be happy to help....just PM me.

4. Japster

Japster

Thanks for all the input!
    Yes, the car is in a running condition (there was some white smoke) but overall it needs attention. I don't know if the car was stored indoors, it looks like is was stored indoors the most of the time.
    There is a lot of rust (you can break it of just by tapping on it) you can see it on the pictures, behind the windshield between the dashboard en the window. I am wondering if this can be restored correctly.

@KJSR Thanks for the offer if i need any parts from the usa i will contact you, and thrust me i will ;)

Thanks for all the help!

5. hemifarris

hemifarris

Very rare to see a '35 Plymouth with double front fenderwells (spare tires). Nice car.

6. Hey Japster; Welcome to the HAMB. The car looks really nice. Are you planning on restoring or on rodding/customizing it? I noticed you already found Rolec on here...

Btw; your English is much better than that of most Dutchmen here on the HAMB ;)

Ger

7. Japster

Japster

Hi Ger from Hejtse!

I am planning to restore the car, next week i will visit the car and if everything is OK i will buy it.
    I 'm searching for someone who could help me with the inspection of this car do you have any advice?

Thanks in advance

Jasper

8. Archie

Archie

Jasper

Nice car, good luck with it. Although your model year is much older, I think you will find a bunch of vendors at this site here. Don't be afraid to ask them questions. There very helpful and knowledgeable.

http://www.merc583.addr.com/mopar/index.html

Archie

9. skidsteer

skidsteer

There is a place in Sayre, Pennsylvania that makes many windshield frames, approx. $500 USD. Do an internet search, they may be able to offer advice in repairing the area that is rusted around the windshield. Also, I have shipped to the Netherlands in the past, let me know if you need help getting other parts.

10. Japster

Japster

Thanks for all the info, next week i will make a testdrive and bring it home...
    Let the winter begin:cool:

Greetzz Jasper

11. thinkfink

thinkfink

Cheers from Amsterdam and welcome to the H.A.M.B.!

Plymouths rule!

12. canninrm

canninrm

I have a '35 ply. coupe conv. do you have dash parts, seats etc

13. plymouthdoctor

plymouthdoctor

Japster,
    I just logged on to H.A.M.B. and saw your inquiry and read the replies you have received - all of which are fairly encouraging.

Perhaps you have already purchased this PJ Deluxe Touring Sedan and if so, congratulations!
    The PJ is a great car and will give you a lot of enjoyment.

At first look it appears that your car is well appointed (dual through the fender horns, dual side mount spares and dual windshield wipers) and is relatively complete (missing bumper guards).

There are also a few items that have been added along the way that are not original to the PJ.

PJ parts are still fairly plentiful in the states and the U.S. Mail will accommodate most of the parts you might need.

I am the 1935 Plymouth Techincal Advisor for the Plymouth Owners Club and would be happy to provide you with restoration information you may need.

Additionally, I am the owner of Plymouth Doctor Restoration Parts and will gladly send a catalog to you if you will provide your mailing address.

Please let me know if I can be of assistance to you.

Wayne R. Brandon
    517-285-3675

14. Japster hasn't been on here since last November, if his profile info is correct.

15. 35plymaust

35plymaust
    from Autralia

Hallo Japster Mooi Auto but Iam a little eye eyed
    i own a 35 Coupe ute an 35 4 dr sedan
    oh Dutchy down under
    howde