Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs The Kliche Kustom 52 coupe...Interior is Engaged

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by alteredpilot, Jul 24, 2008.

1. so we got the car back today...
    still need to get the arm rests. and install the garnish moldings but you get the idea.
    thanks to Santy at Santy's Upholstery in Hawthorne, CA for the EXCELLENT craftsmanship and detail.
    we added some spiders and cal custom style trim rings, i think it still neads outer trim rings...coming right up...also have some 54 caddy caps...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Sweet brother....

3. Very, very nice and clean! Congratulations...

Joel

4. poorboy

poorboy

looks great!

5. Santy's Upholstery
    12435 S. Prarie Ave.
    Hawthorne, CA 90250

310-644-3077

this guy is awesome. does everything from hot rods to customs to low riders to classic and vintage.

6. chaddilac

chaddilac

Loooking gooood!

7. greendream

greendream

8. lotus

lotus
    from Taft, CA

WOW! That looks great.

9. 00 MACK

00 MACK

Awesome!Nice thoughtful scallop layout!

10. happy hoppy

happy hoppy

11. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

great looking interior. i am a big fan of the cal custom inner trim rings too. looks great.

12. Bluesfella

Bluesfella

Looks great...nice car!

13. tred

tred

man, i dig that interior, especially the inserts on the door panels and that red stitching really sets off the red inserts.

is that steering wheel on upside down though or are the front wheels just turned?

14. Kilroy

Kilroy
    from Orange, Ca

Looks bitchin... Ever thought about ditching the side-pipes?... And maybe lowering it another inch or so?...

I think the pipes make it look a little thick through the middle which kinda adds to the hight of the unchopped top... But either way it's a bitchin car...

15. Really nice interior work, my high school colors. So what color and how soon will the paint job go on?

16. Makes me wish the Will's coupe was finished [​IMG]

17. Cruiser

Cruiser

Looking very cool the interior is nice and goes well with the theme of your ride.

CRUISER :cool:

18. cfish50chevy

cfish50chevy

Nice and clean!

19. lotus

lotus
    from Taft, CA

looks like a solid start for a project. here is the before on Coupe. I am still amazed at how great the interior turned out!!! I recognize the dash on the inside...otherwise it is a completely different car on the inside then I remember.
    [​IMG]

20. Django

Django
    from Chicago

I like it!!

21. thanks for all the kind words...

Lotus and company did a great job on doing the majority of the stuff before we bought it. i've really only had to do a few small things like adjust the doors and e-brake, modified the cooling system a little, etc...small stuff. everything else has been mostly cosmetic. we're stoked on the way the interior turned out. since the pics, i painted the garnish moldings and had the stainless restored and added smooth beauty ring to the wheels...

the steering wheel is caddy-wompus AND the wheels were turned.

as far as paint...we're just going to drive it and enjoy it for a couple of years or until i get my roadster together. we're going to stay black and as such the entire car is going to have to be gone over and some of the current body work is going to have to be re-done, so we dont wanna have the car in shop with nothing to drive.

i kinda like the pipes. only wish they were just a couple of inches longer. the only way i'd lose them right now is if i could find some really nice rocker trim.

everyone is on my butt to lower it another couple of inches but i like the drivability at this height. its a pretty trad stance and i'm cool with it. i think that when we re-do the body work i'd like to put a chassis engineering bolt in front end and truck arm rear set up on bags. we'll see.

so far its been a real good little car. probably have to tear the motor down sooner than later. i can hear a little racket in the pan and the crank snout is walking around a little. luckily i have a back up motor that i can do up and just swap em out.

its a good car. we've had a lot of fun with it in the short time we've had it. it gets pretty good attention, and my wife is stoked on it. i mean it is her car after all....(grin)