Register now to get rid of these ads!

I'm pissed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Magnus, Sep 27, 2008.

1. d2_willys

d2_willys
    from Kansas

Ups is just as bad, just like their acronym says: Useless Piece o' S..t! They couldn't even get an important prescription order right. Paid for overnight shipping and they delivered the package to my idiot neighbor. Finally got package after going over to idiot's house and giving him all the crap I could muster.

Fed ex, don't use it much, but doesn't surprise me. They busted up a neon sign through transit and did nothing about it.

USPS , well they're headed for their demise soon, what with internet and email, not much other than packages to ship.

Good luck with your problem.

2. Weasel

Weasel

I blacklisted FedEx years ago but occasionally something slips through my embargo and almost every time there is a problem.

I had a brand new item shipped in its original manufacturers packing, with a custom styrofoam form and then it was double boxed with a much bigger box and styrofoam packing peanuts between the two boxes. Item arrives damaged - I call FedEx and they say they will pick up to examine for insurance claim. They pick up, charge my account for picking it up and charge to re-deliver. When it arrives back it is damaged even worse. Despite the item being fully insured they send me a check for $200 a month later for an item for which I had submitted the $750 purchase receipt. I sent them back the check torn in two, told them where to put it and shut my account down immediately. They have lost thousands of $$$ in business from me.

Last year one got through the cracks. Driver delivers 2.00 pm Saturday when I am working underneath a car out back - 'just put it by the door' I said. I come in to the house at 6.00 pm to find a fountain gushing and a broken sprinkler pipe by my driveway where the driver had parked his freakin' heavy truck on it. The driver didn't tell me and I had to shut the water down until the next day - no spare parts to fix the broken pipe. I filed a claim and they refused it flat. Cost me an extra $600 on my water bill for that month. Next time I saw the driver he said "Oh I thought you knew about that"! Yeah I'm freakin psychic.:mad:

It it absolutely positively has to be late and/or broken, use FedEx.:eek:

3. vp23271

vp23271

Squeaky wheel gets the grease. If you don't feel you got a fair hand shake I would put in a firm, but polite phone call to FedEx. I think you have a fair reason to be upset and maybe they will see your point of view

I try to use UPS 99.9% of the time. I was told that UPS is more reliable than FedEx if you are shipping overseas or if it's domestic but the house (ship to address) is in a rural area (Farm Country, USA).

4. Magnus

Magnus
    from Sweden

Thank's for your support. Actually I recieved a mail from Carpenters shipping department and they say; "Your packages will be sent with UPS with no charge". So it pays of to complain. Now I only hope UPS can do a better job....

PS Weasel, wtf. Man, you had your share bro.

5. Our Fed ex guy goes into my neighbors FENCED yard to deliver my package. He is met 1/2 way up the driveway by my neighbors aggressive boxers. Throws the package in the air, runs like hell. He had the wrong address and my house is CLEARLY marked. Bad part of this is the package contained 8 brand new crisp $100 bills that were now about 800 PIECES of 8 crisp $100 bills. Fed ex wouldn't cover it because you are not supossed to send cash. I sure the hell wasn't going to ship the $800 worth of parts for free. The guy who bought the parts was SUPER pissed at being out the money.

6. pontiacfarmer

pontiacfarmer
    from sweden

have had the same problem myself
    but now when I have my "own" adress at my friends place in grantville pa...things works out smother now
    exept when I bought a door in cal..and the guy charge me a lot for fedex..like 120 bucks then sent it by greyhound.55d..where my friend had to pick it up in central harrisburg
    grrrrr
    my 2 cents
    stig
    bought both cars and parts from hambers...always works

7. The thing is when the service is great and they do their job, no one remembers. But when they screw up and piss you off, you always remember. I learned early on for instance to ship stainless trim in a PVC pipe whenever possible, so that it's hard for them to bend it in a V shape and still try to deliver it that way. I think the story that was about was UPS, but I'm sure it could apply to either. I read about it online.

8. klazurfer

klazurfer

MAGNUS ... :eek: 10Bux ?? ... , I Quote " Well, I'm not cheap " ... :rolleyes:
    Belive me : You are cheap as hell ... 10Bux .. ??? Get a life !!
    Seems like Dennis Carpenter paid those $10 just to get this stupid problem
    of yours out of his life .........
    You have NO suport from me ...

Klaz

Last edited: Oct 1, 2008
  9. turdytoo

turdytoo

I have been told that UPS has and enforces very strict rules for their employees. They even used to say they ran the tightest ship in their type business. I believe most FEDEX delivery is franchised, It is in Arkansas. I see the diference in service and the reason for the difference.

10. Weasel

Weasel

So you like paying for stuff twice? Good - I have lots of parts I'll sell you if you pay me twice.:rolleyes:

11. I just don't understand why you guys can't just say what you think. I mean, if you don't like FEDEX, heck, just say so.....LOLOL, don't beat around the bush.

12. hotrodjohnny77

hotrodjohnny77

I run an ebay store in addition to my regular job, we use fed ex exclusivley. I have found that by calling their customer service line, they have always resolved every issue. Usually they try to ship it ground instead of residential to save the $2.10 special charge and it usually will come back as undeliverable. Give it a try.

jon