Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage R.I.P. Mike Lazear benefit/ FUNd raiser

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrod hmwrecker, Aug 19, 2008.

1. It doesn't look like I can get loose for this. I have some stuff to raffle off. If anybodys going through Carrollton can stop by and pick this stuff up let me know...

2. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

3. Renae

Renae

wow that sucks I just lost a friend in a bike crash too..my thoughts and prayers are with you and his family

4. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

Hey renae I read that post today when I was searching for this one. I wish I had known about your event earlier. Sorry for your loss its always tough to lose a close friend

5. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

The hump day bump

6. a.d.-hawk

a.d.-hawk
    from Omaha, Ne.

RIP...

I first saw his green Chevy in the back of Classic Trucks magazine a couple years back & I was an instant fan...at least he left doing something he enjoyed.

7. oldschoolstang

oldschoolstang
    from texas

8. slammed

slammed

Helping this family is so unselfish, best wishe's to your event!

9. Dirty2

Dirty2

Bringing this back up !

10. I'll be there!

11. Zumo

Zumo

Is there a good high res pic of his truck anywhere?

12. Big Dad

Big Dad

13. CaseyB

CaseyB

Bitchin truck filled with 2 fags! Lazear behind the wheel with Heavy (aka Hotrod Hmwrecker) riding bitch!

14. Zumo

Zumo

Found one.

[​IMG]

15. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

My last bump before leaving for fort worth in the a.m

16. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

Hey just starting to load the boogie van here is a pic of the raffle print all framed up

[​IMG]

17. Dirty2

Dirty2

Tonights the night !

18. Marty McFly

Marty McFly

My buddy Kenny owns that truck now, he bought it from Mike a few years ago. I meant to ask about him last weekend about all of them (Kenny, Mike's dad and brothers) going this weekend but never got around to it.
    Good time for a good cause.

Marty McFly

19. Rusty

Rusty

Looks like I am stuck in the shop tonight working on customer stuff.

20. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

Man it was a great turnout got to meet some cool kats as well as see some even cooler rides. I hope I have half as many people have nice things to say about me when I pass away as Mike did made me regret i never had a chance to meet him..... I am making it a point to go out and meet as many new people with bad ass rides this weekend as I possibly can

Again the wife, and I had a great time hopefully see some of you guys at the show on saturday

21. Dirty2

Dirty2

Yep it was a great time. I parked next to you and never say you and looked out there and yall was driving off .

Smooooooky burnouts ! WOW !!!! Pictures later !

22. CaseyB

CaseyB

Wow! what a great turnout it was! We want to thank everyone who came out and for their generosity. A special thanks to Acrochicken for not only his donation for our auction but help in promoting! a special thanks as well to Bump and the Lucky 13 Car Club for their big donation! You guys rock! Pictures to come later today...after the hangovers fade! Oh...and the burnout contest winner is...Paulie Polizzo for his 1/4 mile burnout through the crowd, into a controlled U turn, and back through the crowd without changing speed or missing a lick!!! sorry Heavy, you got spanked this time. the streak is over!

23. MurrayKustomRods

MurrayKustomRods
    from Fort Worth

Thanks to everyone that made it out friday and to all of the different people that helped out in some way or another. We raised a lot of money for Tori and had a great time doing it. Mike was definitely looking down with a smile during all of the burnouts and would appreciate everything that was done for his girl.

If anyone has any pics of Friday post them up.

By the way the street is BLACK!

24. Dirty2

Dirty2

Thanks for opening your shop for this. Great time !

25. hotrod hmwrecker

hotrod hmwrecker
    from BFE of DFW

Yep, got spanked on the burn out! I had Tori,Mike's daughter in with me and her friend. They had a blast and we went in one sitting till it popped.

It was a great turn out! THANKS FOR THE DONATIONS AND SUPPORT!!!!!! This deal would not have even been a reallity if Casey's wife Nikki wasn't involved, hell she did it all. And like Casey said... Lucky 13... really stepped up! THANKS

The T shirts sold out super quick ,but we are getting more and will have her account set up with paypal.

26. Dirty2

Dirty2

Heres some

Attached Files:

27. hotrod hmwrecker

hotrod hmwrecker
    from BFE of DFW

Just a piece of info... That red truck was the last truck Mike had. He blew the motor up a few weeks before his accident and sold it to Mack(the dude burning out in it). Mack worked day and night on a tight budget, just to get it going for the Memorial... and payed tribute burning the tires. TOO COOL!!! I bet people were thinking what tha....