Register now to get rid of these ads!

1932 ford frame number question.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kustomd, Sep 29, 2008.

1. kustomd

kustomd

I'm trying to figure out the vin number for my 32 ford 2dr sedan I have. I did a search and found where the numbers should be but I was wondering if I find them is there some way to do a national search in order to find out if my numbers are being used on another cars somewhere?

I've read that the numbers are on the drivers frame rail just in front of the firewall so I'm going to check tonight and try to find them.

That way hopefully it will help me sell the car if I have the numbers.

Any websites or places I can call would be of help. I just don't want to try and register it only to find out someone already has my vin number on thier car off in BFE.

Thanks
    D

2. crossroads

crossroads

No disrespect but why would you worry about frame numbers in other states? As long as your numbers are clear in your state thats all that matters.

Also, there should be another set of numbers near the hump on top of the frame rails - left hand (drivers) side.

3. Sorry to say this but, this is the risk that everyone takes when buying a car without a clean, clear title.

Only good advise is to start with a clear title, investigate the VIN BEFORE you build it. If you have a VIN and not a clear title, hire a title service to investigat BEFORE you build or try to register that VIN. Minimize the risk!!!!!

Heard many, toooo many stories of someone buying a car and building it, then register the VIN. Only to find the car stolen and then the wrecker comes and takes it away.

4. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

5. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

When I register a car in Nebraska, at the inspection our sheriff checks the national data base to make sure the numbers are good.

6. Rdono

Rdono

I believe the number referred to is in fact a body number, not a vin. The early fords through the first part of 1932 had no number on the LF frame rail. After the middle o0f the 32 production run numbers could be found on the left front @ firewall, sometimes a second number would be stamped on the transmission x-member top and / or the rear frame rail (I always though right side but maybe not) hump. Than again I could be full of crap.

You can surf on line for companies that will help procure clean numbers, but I find the best way is to get a real title from any state and then run the numbers to varify you have a clean title/number. Figure out what to do next...