Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods My (dare I even use the overused word?) 'barnfind' Model A roadster!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ChevyGirlRox, Sep 19, 2008.

1. sinticket

sinticket

will you marry me???? I am so glad you finally got your A. Patience is a bitch aint it? I say leave the fenders on it too! Fendered Roadsters= WAY COOL

2. Bill Van Dyke

Bill Van Dyke

Great find..People spend big bucks to make their paint look like yours! And yours is real!!

3. Deadbird

Deadbird

That's awesome Megan. Congrats.

4. ironbuyer

ironbuyer

Just for the record the last car is not a Amocat car. Amocat copycat!
    Steve

5. Murocmaru

Murocmaru
    from Van Nuys

Thats awesome!! congrats! what a great find!

6. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

Congrats...I know how ya feel. I just found the 31 Tudor of my dreams...Finally!

Glenn

7. fulltimeforester

fulltimeforester
    from california

Really nice! I know you're going to love it when you get it on the road. I have a '31 pickup,stock for now, that I get a real kick out of.

8. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Very nice score. Congratulations on a dream come true. Hopefully, you'll be able make a couple of passes next year at the '09 HAMB Drag Nationals!

And, for what it's worth, I like the fenders too.

9. jerry

jerry

CONGRATS Megan!

No matter what you do it will be cool! That is one nice find.

jerry

10. JEPPA

JEPPA

Unbelievable!
    How about sprinkling some of that luck over my head?

11. uncleo

uncleo

Greetings from Long Branch,NJ,Americas first seasore resort and 7 time U.S. summer capital,,,,GREAT FIND!...I feel your excitement.... like when about 45 years ago when my brother and I were at the local amusement pier and it started to rain and the coastal fog began to move in so we left for the local drive-in for some food and we ran into a friend of my brothers who had a coupe and a roadster and as a joke we asked him if he wanted to sell one of them....turned out he needed money for college and right then and there a deal was made and for a couple of hundred bucks we had a 31 A roadster....still have it and still excited all these years later....made me feel good inside to read about your find.
    Lee-WRAT-FM

12. Velomech

Velomech
    BANNED
    from nunya

That post is too cool to be true. That car is in toooo good of shape to be true! Thats unbelieveable!

Have fun, hopefully it wont take forever like most do.

Cheers and beers
    Hodge

13. Good for you Megan!! Drivin' old stuff keeps ya young. It couldn't be goin' to a better home. I'm sure glad for ya!!

14. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey!------Great find!!---I used to own a 1931 A bone pickup, the radiator emblem was black/st.steel, I notice yours is the original 1930 Ford blue, so you must have an 1930 Model A roadster!-----Good luck-------------Don

15. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

You got it! See me on my maiden voyage in the A:
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=296389&highlight=roadster

Wow, what a great story! I hope to be telling mine 45 years from now! (Yikes, I will be over 70!)

That’s a good way to think about it. I actually negotiated the deal while chopping up a tree in my grandparents yard (thanks hurricane Ike!). After I got off the phone my grandma asked how it went. I told her “I’m the proud owner of something almost as old as you and grandpa!” Luckily she took it in stride and we all got a good laugh! :D

No, actually it is a ’31. It has a ’30 shell for some reason. Mine has the indent in the right side of the firewall actually making it a late ’31. And as an old timer friend of mine would say “a premie ’32!” :D

16. Mudslinger

Mudslinger

How cool is that? Nice vid. My 2 year old son liked it, hes yelling vrooommm.

17. "HOTROD"

"HOTROD"
    from Seattle

After having read all the other posts, I guess this opinoin isn't shared by most, but I would remove the fenders and put them in the rafters of your garage for later when you might decide to use them, allways an option.

I wouldn't sell them, scrap them or give them away, I would just save them for the day you might want them, and keep them with the car.

If for some odd reason you ever decided to sell the car they should stay with it,

In my mind Hotrods didn't/don't have fenders, they are extra weight and less aerodynamic.

just my opinion.

P.S. nice car, hope to see it at Bonneville next year

Dan

18. WONDERFUL! If you dare take it past the end of the pavement you can help clean an outhouse next August. Think about a Volvo overdrive- I love mine! Also how about joining the local Model A club- a really great support group. Wish I was a little closer to help with the fun stuff-Steve

19. Great find! Hope youhave fun doing your deal on it. Probably won't have it done fpr the Pileup, huh?
    Later,
    Dick

20. HulaZombie

HulaZombie

How did I miss this Post !!!
    WOW what a find !! Congratulations !!
    This is a TRUE barn find !!
    Can't wait to see it!!

21. yblock292

yblock292

Megan,
    We can play Model A's together!

22. wlspdshop

wlspdshop
    from Missouri

Congrats!!!.....here is just an idea...one of my favorites...

Attached Files:

23. JAWS

JAWS

Update Damn it!!!

24. Yeah, update??

25. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

26. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

27. Al Napier