Register now to get rid of these ads!

I'm pissed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Magnus, Sep 27, 2008.

1. Magnus

Magnus
    from Sweden

I need to share my rant. I bought stuff for my cars from quite a few companys over the last month and have it all sent to NJ, but one package. This was shipped by Fed-ex and the idiot driver claimes he couldn't find the adress, and he couldn't pick up the phone and called the reciever (phone number on the freight bill!!godamit) Now, the stuff was sent back to *Dennis Carpenter* who now want's to charge me for another ten dollars. Well, I'm not cheap and I can pay 100 dollars to have my stuff sent to the right adress, BUT its not my f&^^$# problem. it should be a claim between Carpenters and Fed/ex, or am I totally wrong here.
    Please share your thougths before I loose my mind. Im in Sweden and can\t go there and knock on their door.

2. noboD

noboD

That's why I use UPS or USPS.

3. motownmuscle

motownmuscle
    from Detroit

Contest it with Fedex, get them to pay. I have seen them cave in really easy lately. Times are tough for the shipping companies right now (fuel costs), so they'll probably reship it at their cost if you call them out on. Just my two cents on recent experience with them....

4. spiffy1937

spiffy1937
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

Just my opinion but it sounds like it's Fedex's fault and they should correct it. If a driver "can't find the address" and Carpenter addressed it properly (did they?) I can't see why you should have to pay again. Doesn't seem like there was enough effort by Fedex to deliver it. I can understand your being upset!:mad:

5. Rich Rogers

Rich Rogers

Had my share of problems with them too. Whenever possible I use UPS and have never had a problem

6. I just went thru the same crap with fedex, they said that the driver found the house but didnt leave the grille because of a notice on the door saying that no one lives there, what they didnt say was that there was also directiuons to the proper address (right next door, 50' away), this is after I paid extra for fedex shipping to expedite its arrival, the problem is that fedex has no actual drivers, only private contractors, and I dont mean to sound biased but I wonder how many of them know how to write and read english, the grille was went back to the shipper, and it took an additional week to get via USPS, but at least I got it,,,,,,in one piece ta' boot. fedex sucks!!!! Peace,,,Moosie

7. Yeah,the Fedex drivers around here will take the parcels to the local postoffice and mail them to you so they dont have to look for you,then go spend the afternoon at the movies.FedEx SUCKS BIGTIME!!!!!A friend of mine works at the postoffice and says it happens all the time..Your delivery time has now extended to the time it takes the postoffice to get them to you..but at least you get them

8. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Around here, I see the Fedex drivers sleeping in their truck in mall parking lots.

9. tbill

tbill
    from central ny

after jumping thru hoops on a few things, i now have everything shipped to work, [chevy dealership], makes life alot easier.

10. TooManyFords

TooManyFords
    from Peotone IL

A couple of years ago fedex ground showed up here with just the shipping label for a 70 pound tail gate and wanted me to sing for it. I said no and asked why I was refusing shipment. I had to walk the driver to my old tail gate and show him what I was suppose to get and had to show him the 70lb weight on the package label and asked him if the label weighed 70#? He said he under stood. They never found the tail gate.

11. 5window

5window

Not only is this a better way to do it because someone is always "home", but, at least with UPS, it is much cheaper to send it to a business address than a personal address.

12. FedEx has done that to me too...it's never the same route driver which could be part of the problem...the same ups driver has been covering this route for 20 years...I would always insist on ups if ya can

13. Turbo442

Turbo442

Ditto.
    I had this happen with two of my customers and was able to get them to pick up and next day air the packages (they swapped the mailin labels they put on themselves despite what the address printed on the packages was). When you get hold of the customer service people explain your problem then when that gets you nowhere ask for their supervisor. The first customer reps are just there to answer basic questions and try to get you to go away.
    Btw I have had problems with both but UPS has been far worse for me than FedEx.
    As far as the drivers sleeping in their truck, in their defense they don't have a break room and they start pretty damn early. One of our delivery guys regularly works 12 hr days and starts early. By the time you saw him he probably already worked 6-8hrs with 5-6 more to go.

14. What he said. Fed Ex is fucked up, but people use them because they are cheaper than UPS. I have shipped, and received stuff almost daily by UPS, from our machine shop, and in 48 years NEVER had a problem. Ya gets what ya pay for.

15. btbsandman

btbsandman

I hate Fedex. They even let me pick it up at their location, whenever they deliver stufff during the day. Ehh let them burn in hell as a company.

16. SquashThatFly

SquashThatFly

I used to work for FedEx and dont even ship stuff with them if i can help it. Do you know they reason UPS drivers take their job seriously? UPS pays well and treats the employees well. Theyre also union. FedEx is cheap and treats employees like shit. The majority of their Ground Drivers and almost ALL of their Freight drivers are all contractors who could care less. Theyre routes are stretched way too far. Some were making 90 stops PER DAY. Holidays 120 stops. Most of the local delivery trucks were pushing 400k miles.

17. That is why I use the Post Office ,when ever I can.

18. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Magnus,
    If you need for them to drop it off at an address and I can resend it to your drop off site via UPS, feel free to PM me for my address. I have only had one issue with Fedex and a drop-off at a house in Tennessee. It was a guy from Norway and had a "drop off" point and on the 89th day of 90 days of PAYPAL reversal for the funds the guy emailed me that he never received the 33' Ford Roadster door.........I sorta' got out the HAMB-o-Dex and had a local guy help me out with my troubles.

Chris Nelson
    Kansas

19. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

i get to file a claim with them right now for a steering column which was boxed very well and still manage to break some stuff!!

20. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Definitely sounds like FedEx's problem to fix, but it's only $10. Not sure it is worth cutting a few days or a week off your life over it. Just let it roll and relax. Tell FedEx if they don't correct the problem, then that is the last time you will ever use them. That is what I do and there are a few companies on my list to never use again, trust me. I don't sweat it, they just don't get anymore of my money from here out.

21. I was in a FedEx terminal here once. Job interview. Anything sent with them has to be packed so it will survivie a 15 foot fall off the conveyors, because the only way to clear them out if a box gets crooked and jams is to get a pole and push it off there.

I shipped a '59 Chevy dash with them a few weeks ago and the guy got it no problem. 61 lbs, I used a refrigerator box and double wrapped it with the gauges in another box tucked under the metal of the dash.

For every horror story about FedEx you can find one about UPS or USPS, too.

22. The37Kid

The37Kid

Granddad left Sweden 101 years ago, I'll see the Carpenter people at Hershey, and ask to see the guy that can't address an order. :mad:

23. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

I can't believe all this stuff. I use FedEx all the time and get the best service of all from them. Once in awhile there is a problem but not often. Sorry about your trouble Magnus. You deserve better.

24. Magnus

Magnus
    from Sweden

Guys, thank you for your offers to help. I sent this mail to shipping department of Carpenters. let's see what they'll do next.

I have bought some restoration material that was sent to Mr Scott Binder in NJ with Fed-ex as shipping company. Because of the incompetense of the Fed-ex driver the package was sent back to you as the driver claimed he couldn't find the adress.
    First of all I've bought parts from Summit, Snsmotors, Kano labs, Rock auto, and your company just to mentioned the professional businesses, not to mention all the parts Ive bought on Ebay from private sellers. None has been sent back, but your material. None of the other carriers has failed to deliver to the adress.
    What I understand after recieving e-mail from Mr Binder is you want additional 10 dollars for re-sending the package to Mr Binder , that I'm supposed to pay for. Do you really feel it's my fault that Fed-ex idiots couldn't find the adress, then I will pay. I'm a private person trying to combine some shipping to Europe of parts for my collectible cars and I can afford another 10 dollars, no problem, but don't expect me to rate your business as a recommendable company if anybody asks me.
    I work for a major freight haulier in the world, if not the largest, and in my business the end customer is always taken care of.
    You should direct your claim to Fed-ex, not to me, and may I strongly recommend UPS as they frequently delivers to Mr Binder.
    Still, I will pay but you need to ask me directly in an personal E-mail.

Sincerely
    Magnus Cato

25. LolitaGunslinger

LolitaGunslinger

Yes but the issue here is that they have your phone number on the receiver ticket FOR JUST THIS REASON. I'd take the beef up with Fed/Ex on principle alone. YOU should not have to pay for their driver not doing his job. And Carpenter shouldn't either...he maintained his end of the deal by mailing the package. Not to mention the excuse of not finding the address shouldn't even be feasible because that's the business Fed/Ex is in. They should have made every possible effort to deliver that package and if not able to have given you the opportunity to come pick it up.

Unless the address was written wrong in which case fault lies with Carpenter

26. These drivers are lazy. I have filed notices with FedEx and UPS to leave packages if no ones home, I still get home and find their notes that they atempted to make a delivery but no one was home, they don't even check.

27. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

lazy fucker!

how hard is it to dial a few numbers..probably too buisy having phone sex with some slut he delivered his package to last week:eek:

besides..last time i looked in a fedex truck it had a GPS in it..so whats up with that?

L A Z Y.

28. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

the issue here is not with FED EX but with the company you bought from. they got some stones to ask you to pay another 10 bucks for re-shipping. no way I would do it... just on principal.

I'd tell them to re-ship or cancel the order.

29. Magnus old bud...I'll help you anytime I can. That you know.

I sold original 32 hinges and the inner door skins the sheet metal part that surrounds the wood on Ebay. Auatrailan guy was so nice that won them. I dropped them off at UPS, payed the guy, went about my way. Well the guys never gets them, Ups has no record, I'm beat. So I refund the cash I had recieved and wished the gentlemen well, I liked him. I apologized like crazy not knowing what happend?

Month or two later after X-mas and things calmed down, I went there and let them know i was beat on money due to them. Well, they found it once I Made em trace the date and receipts. It was there the whole time, never left. Shitty part was that the nice Aussie believed different and slighted my 100% feedback. Shipping sucks!

Oh, I also just had a ship lose a 34 title and a 32 title while cars are in route. More fun.

30. 63ChevyII

63ChevyII

A couple of years ago Fed Ex supposedly left some expensive plane tickets ($1400) on my doorstep. I never got them, whether they were stolen or never devlivered. They didn't cave in on that one. I nearly didn't make the trip b/c of them.