Register now to get rid of these ads!

'36 Ford 5 window found...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ace Brown, Apr 27, 2008.

1. Ace Brown

Ace Brown
    from OH

thanks django, i appreciate that very much! she's in good spirits still, just a little anxious and these "state of the art" beds aren't exactly so comfy. still here, waiting on the doctors. So, the HAMB will be my friend for some time i believe :D. Thanks again my friend, i appreciate it greatly
    -ace

2. Midnight 50

Midnight 50

Best wishes for Grandma and *waiting* on video! :)

3. Ace Brown

Ace Brown
    from OH

haha, thanks. wouldn't you know it was nice and sunny, hasn't rained in 2 months and it just started raining this afternoon. SO, if tomorrow is decent i may have time to take it for a spin again :D i'm hoping. after being here for so long i need a little 'relief'.
    -ace

4. deadendcruiser

deadendcruiser

Best wishes for grandma. You can always drive that coupe to my place!:D

5. Ace Brown

Ace Brown
    from OH

haha, i bet you'd like that wouldn't you!! i'll bring it right over ;)

i promise video will be up here in a couple days or so, just depending on how things go here at the hospital. thanks guys!
    -ace

6. Ace Brown

Ace Brown
    from OH

ok, i'm still at the hospital but i had my dad send me a photo this afternoon of the '36 outside. we got the front brakes operating (don't have the back brakes on yet) but soon. Anyhow, we thought some moon discs would look good on here and i think we were right. i really like the way the look on the ol' 36. I'm having trouble getting photobucket to load through the hospital's server for some reason. So i'll stick it up here the old fashioned way. It's also a low res. camera phone photo but it gets the point across. more to come soon

Attached Files:

• 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      38.3 KB
      Views:
    kidcampbell71 likes this.
  7. Ace Brown

Ace Brown
    from OH

OK, got a day away from the hospital today. i put brakes on grandma's car today (nothing fancy, or hamb friendly, just a dodge stratus). Afterward i had some free time so i had my pops take a couple videos. not the best quaility, but they show it moving under it's own power finally though. enjoy! youtube sucks today so i'm just putting these photobucket links up. hope they work for you.
    1:
    [​IMG]

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  8. Ace Brown

Ace Brown
    from OH

9. cool videos and cooler car. im plain old jelous of that thing

10. Ace Brown

Ace Brown
    from OH

thanks very much! took some good video with our "real" video camera...and just for the record it DOES do burn outs. Even through 2nd gear :D She's turning into a cool rod. Hope to have real plates and the brakes done by friday night. Saturday may be it's maiden voyage. possibly over to the Resurrectors BBQ shindig on Saturday over in Norwalk by the dragstrip (blue suede cruise weekend). hoping...
    -ace

11. weemark

weemark
    from scotland

ace thats a cool looking little hotrod you got yourself there - sounds fantastic as well. glad to see you have it moving under its own power - ill bet you are still grinning form ear to ear :)

12. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

Awesome find man....I'm totally stoked for you. I found a 40 not to long ago in the same condition but had to let a friend take ownership because of the timing was waayy off for me. I have nothing but bum luck...lolol...Nice job...You are now 'keeper' of something special!

13. deadendcruiser

deadendcruiser

That would be bad ass. If you need help with anything send a pm my way.

14. Ace Brown

Ace Brown
    from OH

thanks for all the comments guys. it's always a good feeling to get a project rolling!

If all goes well we'll be over at the BBQ! I think a couple of us cleve. rumblers might make it. otherwise, it'll be me for sure since i'm right down the road from norwalk (wellington)

thanks again guys!
    -ace

15. scotts52

scotts52

Awesome find. Hope your grandma is better.

16. yea, hope everything is ok with your grandma and the brakes too.

17. 21tat

21tat

That is an awesome story! Sounds like a great find. Good luck with that.

18. Ace Brown

Ace Brown
    from OH

For anyone following this, i took the previous owner (ranny taylor) out for a drive yesterday. Got the brakes on a few days ago, and working out the little bugs and stuff. Anyhow, got things rolling along nicely and on my way home from work i decided to stop in. He has a hard time getting around but after talking with him for about an hour he had to go for a ride. he said "to tell ya the truth i never thought i'd be riding in this car ever again!" Not because he thought i'd screw it up :D but because it had been sitting for so long and he not being able to fix it anymore.

So, that's it. made the old guy happy, and got the ol' gal on the road again.

19. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

And in a nutshell, that right there is why 99.999% of people are on this website. Awesome story, great car, congratulations!

20. patman

patman

I was hoping you'd do that...class move there! Congrats...

21. richie rebel

richie rebel

hey ace,this is richie from the burgh,nice find my man,good luck with did you put the motor back in yet? talk at you later. richie...........

22. Django

Django
    from Chicago

That rules Ace.

23. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

Class move man... enjoy your ride, looks great!

24. volken65

volken65

that's awsome you took him for a ride... great story, great car

25. 61Flattop

61Flattop
    from Indiana

Dude..... I got two things for you .... congradts! and you suck!..... that 36 you found is the car I am looking for. Awesome find man......awesome find. I found a 46 Dodge sitting in my neighbors barn. unfortunately, it just has not grown on me yet.

26. Greasy71

Greasy71
    from SoCal

At the risk of sounding sissy, that really brought a tear to my eyes. I am glad you were able to do that for the old timer. I am sure that he shared my tear.

Great car, great story, and thanks for sharing.

27. Ace Brown

Ace Brown
    from OH

dude, richie, did you really just ask that:D:p

yeah, i put a 59AB in instead of the old original flattie. edelbrock heads, offy 2X2 intake etc...

And thanks to everyone with your responses. I think it did make the old guy pretty happy and i was glad to do that! I'm pretty sure he went inside and called his brother right away to tell him all about it.

He told me a little about a trip back out West through Kansas in a '37 ford he had and they blew a head gasket. Said they were pretty close to a service station and they had one in stock. put it on the next morning and away they went! to california and back. This was in the early 50s he said. must have been one hell of a trip!
    -ace

28. Great thread. Good to hear a true rodder found this car and is sharing it with the previous owner. Awesome that you're keeping it pretty much the way you found it too. Good karma points to you.