Register now to get rid of these ads!

almost shook the hand of doom!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chopt55bc, Sep 24, 2008.

1. The Lone Wolf

The Lone Wolf
    from Malta

Glad you're ok mate
    Thats the most important thing
    Second most is to get that truck running again.Or replace
    Third is get on that drunkards ass

2. poorboy

poorboy

you're a lucky guy. sorry bout the ride, but you're alive and thats whats important

3. mink

mink
    from CT

now were you wearing a seat belt?

4. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Glad you are ok on that one. Doesn't sound like you are sore enough to not go track her sorry ass down and beat some sense into her. That is what the bad side of me would want to do anyway. Yeah, who the F needs to be drunk and driving around doing 70mph, in people's yards no less, at 7am? Damn, she needs to be locked up for a while for sure.

5. I just about whacked an old fart about one hour ago. stupid old stick drover right in front of me, no yield or anything. My little girl was with me and good thing she had her belt on. Afterwards, she said:"daddy, that was a bad word". At least we didn't get hit.
    Hope all is well with you in this. Make sure you have ongoing doctor visits so it doesn't come back and bite you in the ass.

6. chopt55bc

chopt55bc

seatbelts??? no i wasnt wearing any, and im pretty sure if i was i would be in much worse condition. if i was secured in the seat probably would have serious neck injuries. the way this happend was in my opinion the best case scenario as far as avoiding really bad injuries.

7. Gibson

Gibson
    from Butler, PA

hope you feel better soon. sue the fuck out of her!

8. tbill

tbill
    from central ny

wow, glad your around to tell about it. do not sign off on any medical, these things have a way of 'creeping' as time goes by.

sucks the truck is hammered [no pun intended], but sheetmetal can be replaced, a life cannot.

9. jerry

jerry

Those are some really tough trucks. Glad to hear that you are not hurt bad.

I don't care what the engineers say about crush zones I still prefer my old truck. I'd hate to see what would have happened in one of the new "commuter" cars.

jerry

10. Glad you made it out alive. Being thrown from a wreck is a toss of the dice.

Do not swear off seatbelts in the future just because in this case, you made it.
    I had a multiple rollover off a cliff when I was 18. I did not have a seatbelt on, and was ejected out the back window of my truck. Somewhere in the many many rolls. I woke up on the side of the hill with the back window and rubber still around my upper body.
    I suffered little more than ALOT of glass, and tree parts stuck in my head and body.

If I was strapped in, I'd be dead. The roof of the cab was touching the bottom of the seat. The engine, trans and rear end flew out of the truck, The frame was bent into a U shape.. It was a new truck, not anything I built "unsafely"

I have had a few crashes since then, and if I did not have a belt, I'd be dead.

You and I got our free ticket. I wouldn't try for another.
    Put seat belts in the truck when you rebuild it.

11. When we lived in Baltimore, a drunk driver ran a red light at 7:30 AM at an intersection in front of an elementary school near our house. She hit 4 people--a woman walking her 7 year old to school and carrying her 2 year old in her arms, and the crossing guard. The 7 year old was killed instantly, the 2 year old had a broken leg, their mother and the crossing guard had bruises and abrasions. When police caught her, the 7 year old girl's toboggan was snagged in the grille of the car. The drunk driver had 4 previous DUI's, now serving a lengthy prison sentence.

12. fiat128

fiat128
    from El Paso TX

Good lord, what a story. I got nothing against people partying all night but being so drunk at 7AM on a Tuesday morning that you're going 70 through peoples front yards is beyond irresponsable.

It's probably a good thing you ended her day before she got the chance to kill some kids headed for school. Glad you're OK and make her buy you a another truck!

13. uc4me

uc4me

I think he at least slapped it 5...damn that sucks

14. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

not picking on ya Dude, but you just happen to inspire me.

anyway, how come people will believe that second hand smoke is up to 7 times more dangerous than first hand, but wont believe that crumple zones and seat belts will save your life?

15. bigdreamsnobux

bigdreamsnobux

Very glad you are ok, but I would offer a suggestion...

For everyone else who has to live in society around her in the future, get face to face with her at some point and explain to her what she did to you. That you were minding your own business and she almost killed you, wrecked your favorite truck, caused problems physically for you now and likely later in life. Explain that you have people who care/depend on you who almost lost you. And you are only 1 person from the society of everyone else that her selfish stupidity affects that way.

My point for suggesting this is that if she is driving drunk at 7am, she has big issues. She is a good candidate for doing this kind of thing again, and needs to understand how this affects others who don't deserve it and for all intents have more at stake than she does in life.

I don't know if I could do it since I would be too pissed I think, I just can't believe folks are so selfish to think they have a right to put other folks lives on the line. Again, glad you are ok.

16. Abomination

Abomination

He really wanted to shake your hand, too. :(

Disappointed, Dr. Doom went home and got wasted...

[​IMG]

~Jason

17. Fenders

Fenders

Yep, that's how the judges and courts treat drunk drivers... Drunk?... let 'em walk... let's wait til he kills someone then we'll put him away...
    Maybe if they put him away the first time, he wouldn't kill anyone later.

18. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

drunk at 7 am and driving? WTF?
    sounds like the judge in this case has his work cut out for himself..its a no brainer.(you would think)
    but you wait and see some fucktard lawyer will get her licence back for her.
    Driving is not a right..and she almost terminated your existance here. I would be finding out when her court date is and I would be there in the court room, with pictures, and bills. to see to it that she dont get off easy for this.
    Hell there could have easily been a child playing in their own front lawn when that drunk whore decided to go do a dunkin drive by ..on the lawn no less.?? jeasus cripes

19. 68wagon

68wagon

sorry to hear about ride. glad your ok though

Last edited: Sep 25, 2008
  20. rc.grimes

rc.grimes
    from Edmond, OK

Lost my new F150 to a drunk driver who was running from the police a couple months back. Totally not the first time he had done it and state police said I was lucky since they guy will probably never even have to go to court.
    You are one lucky guy cause that could have ended far worse. It's just a car/truck, build another. You're still kicking and thats all that matters.

21. 7 am drunk ?
    She's just goin to work !
    Yep some folks are drunk all the time at work ,at play m even while they eat , shit, piss , drive and sleep maybe trying to get home so her s.o won't know she was out..
    Bein drunk is ez stayin sober for some is near impossible

maybe she just broke up with her boy friend cuz he liked cars better than her drunk all the time ass... Hmmm
    good luck and see the best doctors now
    get multiple opinions on yor condition sign nothing and say nothing careful even on here..
    Hopefuuly this will not be the focus for the rest of your life

the bitch prolly does not remember any thing

22. C-1-PW

C-1-PW

You're ok, thank God!
    Now . . . time to get rebuilding.

23. gas4blood

gas4blood
    from Kansas

Glad you survived. Seat belts do kill folks. But for every person that dies because of it, I'll bet over 1,000 live.

Be careful of your injuries. They grow by the day after a hard whack like that. I got T-boned by a drugged up gal several years ago. I felt fine for a bit. Then a few aches. By two or three days I was walking like an arthritic 90 year old man. It usually gets worse each day for around a week. I suffered some permanant back injury due to her habit. She had insurance, and I found out I got my truck paid for using low valuation, that's all I could get from the SOB's. My injuries are my problem now, she is trash and has no money. Insurance companies are not our friends, I ditched Farmer's after the screwing they gave me. Be diligent in looking out for yourself. You may pay for this in future years in ways you can't know at this time. Best of luck on all this mess.

24. CJ Steak

CJ Steak
    from Texas

SHEEEEEEEIT SON!

That's what I fear the most... as it is, if I hit a pot hole just right in the middle of a turn, the doors open up on the Willys pickup... It's pretty common on Willys trucks to have the doors fly open in a collision.

I'm glad you're alright man. I hope she gets what coming her way :mad:, and you get what's coming your way $$$$$

FORGOT TO MENTION in my original post: DON'T be afraid of the insurance companies when it comes to the value of your vehicle. My wife works for State Farm... you CAN negotiate the value of your truck. Don't settle bro. Any paperwork you have on it does help though... reciepts and stuff.

25. HOT40ROD

HOT40ROD
    from Easton, Pa

Glad to her you are OK. Sorry about the truck. But anyway being a fire fighter all my life I seen to many time other outcomes from drunk driver. So now I hope you make her pay.

26. 63Compact

63Compact

Please feel free to wear your undies on the outside, glad your O.K. and hope it all works out.

27. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

HOLY SHIT MAN!
    Post up some photos as soon as ya can I need to see this...
    Glad your OK....

28. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

Same thing happened to my son about four years ago. Just going down the road minding his own business and some asshole in a Honda coming the other way got anxious to pass the car in front of him and crossed over the divider in the street. My son said it all happened so fast that he didn't even have time to react. He was driving a Ford F250 4X4 and was hit by a HONDA! These are pictures of the carnage. He is still suffering from back problems and waiting for a court date.
    [​IMG]

My son's truck....

[​IMG]

The Honda

29. skottyknukkles

skottyknukkles

hey buddy glad you are ok. englishtown was a complete wash this year! to post your pics you are going to have to upload them to photobucket or a similar hosting site. then cut n paste them in your message. i believe in photobucket its the second format that i use.

30. ridin dirty

ridin dirty

Nobody likes a drunk chick at 7 a.m . Glad your ok . You need to call Jackson King out of New Haven on Orange St . He's in the book . My wife got rear ended and not as severe as you and got a large settlement . I believe the firm was Farren & king In New Haven . Good Luck