Register now to get rid of these ads!

wildwood n.j. show triditional hot rod top 40 wow

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JACK30, Sep 22, 2008.

1. JACK30

JACK30
    from PA.

Well i went to the wildwood show with phill and larry for the first time with my 30 roadster very triditional rod , there were a lot of different cars there not many triditional rods maybe 12 out of 700 cars, the people were great fun and it was very different driving down the boardwalk , must say there was a lot of things to do, and eat some good sea food , on saturday i looked at my car and their was a notice that my 30 was picked for the top 40 cars ( wow) i never thought a triditional car would place at this show, when i went to the top 40 compition at the convention center that night everyone parked arround the circle and i was the only flat paint car their, i bet people were saying how did he get picked? Maybe this is an omen flats are comming back, their were some beautiful car there, and big horse power machines, original factory cars and some hot rods, i really dont mind looking at the different cars and seeing the talent it takes to put these cars together, im a triditional guy but it was a great time, i will go back next year its more then just the show its the hole package the water was 70 degrees the beach was great , see ya jack

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 22, 2008
  2. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

Congrads Jack ..Well Deserved!! ..don't forget to add it to to table collection for your next show

[​IMG]

3. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

hahahahaha, I saw that guy at the Drew University car show a couple year ago. He has like EVERY electronic device rigged into that thing; CB, 8 track, cassette, CD, he can probably talk to martians!

4. Scott76

Scott76

Way to go Jack. It was great to see your car in person. We had a blast this weekend too. How was the ride back?

5. ryangobie

ryangobie
    from Jersey

I should have known that car belonged to someone on here. Always take a nice look everytime I see it. Congrats.

6. I think the dude with the Buick is trying hard to HIDE his car. He needs a couple of his trophys bolted together to get rid of the table. :D

Did our friend Brucie show up? Thats his neck of the woods.

7. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

great car....don't be mad if I steal that paint scheme for the 30 i'm building

8. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

Mike.......no, Wildwood is not for me.......700 *street rods*, muscle cars, and Pro Street shitwagons??? I think the 12 traditional cars could hold down the fort without me being the 13th car.........just not my crowd......

I used to go a few years ago, but it has gotten overrun with *Chainers*...

And it's only 1/2 hour down the Parkway for me......so close and yet so far...

CB

9. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

Mike.......no, Wildwood is not for me.......700 *street rods*, muscle cars, and Pro Street shitwagons??? I think the 12 traditional cars could hold down the fort without me being the 13th car.........just not my crowd......

I used to go a few years ago, but it has gotten overrun with *Chainers*...

And it's only 1/2 hour down the Parkway for me......so close and yet so far...

CB

10. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

11. Koz

Koz

I was at Wildwood with Jack and Phil and I honestly have to say it was the most fun I've had at a run all year, and I go to most everything! The crowds were great, everybody was cool, (very little piss and moaning), unlike some of the other places around. Most everybody was just enjoying the boardwalk, beach, great food at reasonable prices, and very well organized event. Even the law was very cool as long as you weren't too stupid. One cop was especially nice to us and left us park our three roadsters outside the Doo Wop Museum, under the vintage 1950's neon sign lights while we attended the Friday night concert which was "real interesting". Ask any of us when you see us for particulars. This guy then brought his wife and kid to see the old timers on the boardwalk and check out the rods the next day. Hows that for police activity at a run. Unfortunatly there were a few morons who needed to be busted like the goof that did a donut with a Saleen Mustang in front of our hotel with about a hundred people on the sidewalk, (didn't get caught). Other than stuff like that, justified, I ran with the headers open all weekend without a word from the law.

This is so good there is no reason to stay away next yearbecause of muscle car guys who turner out to be real good people anyway.

12. Koz

Koz

Almost forgot to congrats Jack on the trophy! And he's not a gold collector, but it was kinda cool seeing the A up there with the big dollar stuff.

13. JACK30

JACK30
    from PA.

Not mad at all if you need to know how i did it and what material let me know thanks jack

14. JACK30

JACK30
    from PA.

The ride home was great we left at 9 in the morning and hit no trafic did 70 all the way, and what a week of nice weather, thanks jack

15. Koz

Koz

As a side note- The Friday night band, the Ripchords kicked ass. We met some really good people from all over the east coast. On the northeast extension I nailed a bridge plate taking out both headlight stands. A guy in a 57 vette stopped and gave me some tape and helped to keep things intact until I got to Wildwood. A guy at the shore hooked me up with his brother, a bike guy, who left me use his mig to patch up the front of the roadster. I've got no problem with other kinds of motorheads, were all in this together. Like I said before, everybody there was super cool, no friction, and made for a really good time.

16. Scott76

Scott76

Yea. There is no reason to stay away from this show. Wife & I had a BLAST. The cops were all over the place but being cool about things. But I did park the car early before I got stupid. I thought everyone hung together quite well. We thought the Ripchords sucked but that us. We had to leave 1.5 songs into it.

We left at 1:30 and it took us 4 hours to get home. We hit traffic 10 mile before Philly. Got through that and we had semi clear roads home.

I can't wait til next year.

17. Koz

Koz

Scott- You should have hung out longer for the Rip Chords. They got the sound sorted out about half way through the first set and then they sounded great. They were the origional car band and paved the way for both the Beach Boys and Jan and Dean and a dozen others. They really ripped up "409" which was their tune. Most people don't realize the Beach Boys version was a cover. Of course I'm just a sucker for twangy guitar. There was a string going around the place about how Caroll Shelby gave the girl who wrote "Cobra" a free one. I understand the girl with them now is not the same one, but cool anyway.

18. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

19. uncleo

uncleo

Greetings from Long Branch,NJ,Americas first seashore resort and 7 time U.S.summer capital....Thanks for the Wilwood feedback couldn't make it because of my work schdule but a few of my buddies went....Looking waaay ahead our 15th annual Fathers Day Cruise to the Jersey Shore Car Show at the L.B. oceanfront is set for next June along with two summer Cruise Nights....our August West End Cruise Night featuring Felix Cavalieres' Rascals in a free convcert drew close to 10,000 people including the football Giants Michael Strahan who was looking for a rod or custom that might have been for sale.... how about giving our show a shot next year? Koz-Ripchords = Hey Little Cobra....Beachboys Brian Wilson,Mike Love and Larry Usher wrote 409 for release on a 62 album.
    Lee - WRAT-FM at the Jersey Shore.

20. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

Leo......that sounds like a great gig, BUT........it's the same weekend as the LA Roadster Show in CA, where I will be........how about changing the weekend?? :^)

...and, you are right about 409.....

CB

21. Koz

Koz

Good question here- According to the Rip Chords and their website they wrote and released the song a year before the Beach Boys on Doris Days recording label, Daywin. The lead was sung by Ernie Bringas, who went on to become a minister. Doesn't really matter to me, but it is a curious bit of Rock and Roll trivia I'm interested in finding out about. This understand this sort of claim is fairly common in the early days when a lot of bands covered and recovered others work.
    Anybody know more?

22. Koz

Koz

Uncleo- We actually booked rooms at a motel recommended by somebody on the HAMB for last years cruise with Kenny Vance. A few days before the run we found out the motel had been sold and was now a pig pen. In short my wife had the ass with me and we didn't go. I was hoping to get there this year. Got a site up with the dates? Any recommendations for lodging? I couldn't possibly do worse than I did last year. The shore runs are always good. This year I was thinking about bailing on spring Wildwood and going to Ocean Cith Maryland instead. It's supposed to be much better and will be some different scenery. Maybe I'll get a big federal bailout check, (big 2008 hot rod shop crisis), and I'll go to both. I'll still do fall Wildwood no matter what.

23. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

24. misfitfeind

misfitfeind

Im a local in the town and it was refreshing to see some real nice cars come down. Congrats on the top 40. I had a close look at your car on the boardwalk. It's sick. Good job

25. uncleo

uncleo

Hey Cuzn I'm gonna make that L.A.event one day with my yet to be finished....ever to be finished? A roadster....hope to see you at one of our events in the future ....
    Lee

26. uncleo

uncleo

Koz-nothing yet on West End Cruise Night dates or what groups will be there....one in July,one in August around the same time each year....won't know till January....dont worry we'll find you a place to stay....Fathers day show June 14th at the boardwalk 15th annual....What a night we had with Kenny Vance and the Planotones....sorry you missed it....see you and the wife next year.
    Thanks everybody for your support could't do it without you.

27. Koz

Koz

Uncleo- If you think of it maybe you can drop a thread here in January so we can all book rooms early. I think I have a bunch of guys hooked on the shore runs now. Way cooler than sitting in some cow pasture with nothing else to do all day.

28. uncleo

uncleo

I just came in to do my overnight shift at WRAT-FM its rainy,foggy and the E-Town swap meet is this weekend....you made me laugh with the cow pasture thing....I'll post the dates early next year so you can mark your calendar....thanks for the feedback.
    Lee

29. 1931S/X

1931S/X
    from nj

i went to the wildwood spring show about 7 years i na row. it went down hill. it used to be awsome. i hear the old mayor was a car guy. there were sick ass drag cars cruising the streets. burnouts on every corner when you woke up for brekfast it looked like a big street race festival happeend over night. cops didnt really bother too much. each year got a little more strict. the car guy mayor died and the new non car guy mayor is in thier. the town is attracting more peopel with more $$$ and they dont give a crap about cars or a carshow. last year was the last time for me to go to the spring event. it was loaded with prom kids. the weather was lousy the 3 or 4 years in a row before that. it is definitely a good time though. if you can get a few guys together take over a hotel, party, hang out. it can be a real good time. you just have to kind of behave. its not a free for all like it used to be.