Register now to get rid of these ads!

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!!! Luau for all you So Cal guys and gals

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tooslow54, Sep 23, 2008.

1. tooslow54

tooslow54

Just in case anyone missed the other thread:

From Lowsprings (Dante): There will be a show this yr and it's this Sunday!!!. check myspace for info and any updates. http://www.myspace.com/luau_for_the_lowdown

Aaron "tooslow54" his wife and friends will be providing the dancers again this yr. THANK YOU :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    THIS WAS LAST YR.

<div style="width:480px; text-align: center;"><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://wmg.photobucket.com/pbwidget.swf?pbwurl=http://wmg.photobucket.com/albums/v332/lowsprings/luau 07/a5c43879.pbw" height="360" width="480">[​IMG][​IMG]</div>

i hope that you guys can make it out again this yr. this is a very family friendly event.

for some more pics of the past 3 shows check the link or do a search on the Hamb.
    http://www.myspace.com/luau_for_the_lowdown

DATE:
    Sunday Sept 28th 2008

1799 Paseo del Mar
    San Pedro, CA 90732

http://www.pacificwilderness.com/Div...al%20Palms.htm

BEACH ENTRANCE FEE:
    $7.00

TIME:
    9:00 AM-5:00 PM.... i suggest that you get there early if you want preferred parking. closer to the picnic area.

FOOD:
    it's the same deal as before. this is a potluck BBQ... rule of thumb bring enough food and drinks to feed your group and possibly a grill. lines tend to get long waiting for grills. although a lot of people have been known to share. great way to break the ice.

if you are going to drink alcohol make sure you do it in a Dixie or big gulp cup and hide the empties well... every public beach or park in So. Cal. is a no booze zone, so you gotta be cool.

i hope that you guys/gals can make it out. it should be good fun. bring out your lawn chairs, ez ups and make sure not to forget your cameras at home. this will be a great photo op for your cars.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  2. Burny

Burny

I think I'll be able to make this one...

3. orphaneddie

orphaneddie

So much fun last year... I just need to put a new water pump on and Im there!

4. tooslow54

tooslow54

Come on people! I'm not going to bring out a bunch of hula girls for an audience of 5... Speak up, or lose the coconuts!:D

5. See ya there, fellers. And girls.

6. Jay71

Jay71

Man I'm gonna try like hell to make this. Been wanting to go for a couple years, but something always comes up. Hey orphaneddie, possible caravan from Ventura?!

7. Aman

Aman
    from Texas

Wow you, my man, know how to use a camera!! Excellent job on the pics and the cars are outa sight. There is something about hot rods and the ocean views that just can't be beat. Any time you what to post more, please do. Thanks for sharing. Aman.

8. John Denich

John Denich

Good I will bring you chairs for you!!! do you want to meet up like last year?

9. Burny

Burny

Sounds good to me...What time? BTW- I will bring pulled pork...anyone else want to brings some sides (cornbread etc.)?

10. tooslow54

tooslow54

BTTT for the evening crew.

11. low springs

low springs
    from Long Beach

a BIG thanx goes out to Aaron and his wife for providing the dancers for 3 yrs now. always a good time for the whole family.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

DIRECTIONS
    Take 110 Freeway South Until it Ends on "Gaffey Street" in San Pedro
    Exit Left onto Gaffey Street
    Follow Gaffey Street till it ends
    Make a Right at Paseo Del Mar
    Turn onto Paseo Del Mar and Travel about a Mile and a Half till you see an Entry Point to White Point / Royal Palms (There's a Guard Shack there and Gate).

Pay for Parking and Proceed all the way Down the Hill. When you reach the Bottom - Turn Right and Park all the way at the end.

12. I'm supossed to pick up a car close this weekend. I'm going to try to rearainge a bit and see if I can make it. Looks like a great time.

13. I'll caravan from Camarillo if anyone's interested. I'll bring some of that there fake meat for the BBQ, too.

Thanks,
    Kurt

14. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

now that looks like a chilled out day, looks like we'll try to make it.

15. tooslow54

tooslow54

Any pinstrippers coming? If so, please PM me as I would like to have something done but have a couple easy questions.

16. photofink

photofink

A good time indeed...

17. Burny

Burny

bump and a roll call...Anyone want to cruise up from Long Beach?

18. tooslow54

tooslow54

Burny, I'm coming from Los Alamitos, Long Beach is right next door and on the way.

19. Deadender60

Deadender60

Had a good time last year.. but can't make it this year.. D'OH!

-Juan

20. 60'coupe

60'coupe

Nina and I are in for another great time...
    60'

21. gnarlytyler

gnarlytyler

... I JUST PICKED UP A SUNDAY SHIFT AT WORK!!! double D'oh! =(

22. my family had a good time the last 2 times we went. we'll be there again this yr.

thanx

23. kopis

kopis

We will be heading down with about 5 cars. Gonna brings some Carne and hot dogs.

24. Bump, for the guys who haven't read this!!!!!

25. i should be there by 10am see you guys there. finally put some names to faces.

26. Please, someone, post pics of the Luau. I have to miss because I am sick as a damned dog. I hate to miss one of the best small shows in So Cal. Have fun...

27. Burny

Burny

Phil,

Sorry to hear your under the weather.

A great day was had...

I forgot my camera but I think I saw a Southern California Bad Bob lurking in the cliffs,camera in hand, so there should be some Bad Bob style picts coming soon...

28. VONRUBEN65

VONRUBEN65
    from LOMITA

Did the weather ever get any better down there yesterday? Bad bob where are the pics??

29. kopis

kopis

I got some pics of Bob climbing that cliff, lol.
    I can post my pics, but I wont be able to until tuesday evening, sorry guys.

30. kopis

kopis

The weather was great all day, a bit chilly, a little warm, and a cool ocean breeze.