Register now to get rid of these ads!

billetproof 08 pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by evil1, Sep 21, 2008.

1. According to KIRK....its the new flat black.....

2. Just don’t post rules and the anal people like me won’t bitch. Or post a sign out front “show your tits and you get whatever in”:rolleyes:….. Like I said before it is “still a great show”

3. jlouie

jlouie

thanks for the pics. looks like a great time.

4. KIRK!

KIRK!

I had a great time!

The whiners come and go. Always have, always will. The going part is always preferred.

5. this may be true im just a grumpy fucker... I understand some things fall thru the cracks it just seams like the cracks are getting bigger as the show gets bigger....

Last edited: Sep 22, 2008
  6. rustypipes

rustypipes
    from san jose

Great pics Levi! Sorry didnt get to see ya

7. Dude trust me if you show your tits you might have trouble bringing in a 32 ford

8. brewsir

brewsir

HaHaHa...damn I must be getting old...I'm turning into a dirty old man! Oh well...Guess now I'm banished to parking control with the rest of our dirty old men! :)

9. Choptop

Choptop

Volunteers for gate duty are always welcome.

the shifts are 6am-9am, 9am-12noon. :D

10. SapienKustom

SapienKustom
    from Merced, CA

Nice pics Levi. I bet you can't guess which one my favorite is.:D

11. I may take you up on that... that is if Tiny doesn't eat me first...sorry i guess my first comment was a little harsh :D

12. Getting old Brian?

:D

13. [​IMG]

your car looks killer

14. srosa707

srosa707
    from Sacramento

That Galaxie is sick!

15. Hellfish

Hellfish

I do! It's a dirty job... but someone has to do it

16. I wouldn't eat you I just don't want to see any man boobs. Just not my thing. HAHA LOL

17. orphaneddie

orphaneddie

great pics.. looked like a fun show!

18. str8Pipe65's

str8Pipe65's

19. Haywood

Haywood
    from M'boro,TN

Maybe i'm way off base here but I don't think the point here was something he didn't like but rather "why post all these rules and then not follow your own rules?" :confused: Isn't this the show where the rules are painted on a car hood and placed right where people come in? or am I thinking of a different show?

For instance... Scooter has made up flyers for the Redneck Rumble the past three years that all pretty much say the same thing.

pre-68 traditional cars, trucks, antiques, customs, bikes, choppers and bobbers.

The first year there were rules: no trailered cars, no billet...etc.

He has been able to lighten up on the rules over the past two years because people are starting to understand what the show is about. They don't turn people away just because they don't fit in. These owners are told up front they won't be judged and they won't get a trophy. The trophy whores with the billet covered Easter eggs hear this and turn right around and leave. The rest stay.... usually just a handful.... get a feel of what the show is about and will decide for themselves if they want to come back next year. Most do!

The point is, yes it's all about the cars and it's all about having fun....

...but then someone let's something like this in a "TRADITIONAL" show and you start thinking maybe IT IS all about the money!

[​IMG]

.....maybe it was SUPPOSED to be in the swap meet and maybe these guys are just taking it for a test spin.:rolleyes:

20. Haywood

Haywood
    from M'boro,TN

btw..... cool pics. Thanks for posting them!

21. Choptop

Choptop

This picture is not from a Billetproof show.

this has gotten just really stupid... people are posting pics from other car shows and then accusing Billetproof of letting those cars into the Billetproof show...

wow... a completely new low. I'm really stunned.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2008
  22. Choptop

Choptop

When I get back to my main computer I will copy and paste the standard response that is given time and again when people insist on nit picking on a car they think may or may not belong in the show.

but here is the short story:

Do cars get through that dont belong?
    Yes. Get over it.

Has it always been that way?
    Yes. the first Billetproof had a 1965 Mustang at the show, its nothing new.

Is it beacuse the promoter is "greedy" and just wants the extra $20?
    Hell no. One can make a TON more money by having a show that lets in all manner of cars, low riders, 4x4's, rider cars... but thats not what Billetproof is about. Billetproof is a traditional hot rod show and excludes those types of cars and to suggest that I am hungry for an extra $20 and will let anything is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. If I wanted to make a ton of money off a show that let anything in, I would promote such a show... not one like Billetproof that specifically excludes certain types/years of cars.

Why do cars that dont belong end up in the show?
    Many reasons. At the gate you have about 10 seconds to give a car a once over. Sometimes a car with a digital dash, or a billet part here or there can sneak through. Usually not, but it happens. Then when come complainer sees that car at the show, they then get on the internet and post things like... "... the show is going to hell, they let ANYTHING in now, the promoter is getting greedy..." All absolute crap.

Not everyone working the gate is an expert in every year of every make/model. You could drive a line of Riviera's past me and I couldnt tell you a 64 from a 64 or a 66. Other peole may not know other makes or models. So sometimes a car that is out of year range gets in. Sometimes you tell people that they cant come in and they motor right past you. I'm not going to ask anyone at the gate to lay down in front of a car to keep them out. Then when come complainer sees that car at the show, they then get on the internet and post things like... "... the show is going to hell, they let ANYTHING in now, the promoter is getting greedy..." All absolute crap.

there is always room for gate workers at EVERY Billetproof show. Send me a PM and I'll put anyone that wants to participate on the list to work a shift.
    (note: for all the complaining in this area I have yet for anyone to take me up on this offer).

Does EVERY car show have cars in it that dont fit the RULES?
    Yes. Every single one of them from The Pebble Beach Concours on down. I've seen it at every show I've ever been to. Paso, Round Up, Rust Revival, Hunnert Car Pile Up,and even... *gasp*... Good Guys... you name it, there will be some car there that doesnt fit the rules.

My suggestion is to get over it.

cuz you are never going to attend a car show that doesnt have some car there that doesnt voilate whatever rules there are.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2008
  23. Choptop

Choptop

BTW, I will be adding a very similar bit of text to the Billetproof website so I can just provide a link to it in the future.

and its always puzzled me... why the whiners come out for Billetproof and not the other shows?

Cars that dont belong at shows can be seen at every single car show out there... but yet people only bitch about it at Billetproof.

I guess that can be viewed as either a good or a bad thing depending on how you look at it . :D

24. Choptop

Choptop

Last edited: Oct 5, 2008
  25. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

hey choptop.. this has got to be annoying with all the whiners and crybabys here. some people just like to bitch.

I doubt very few people see as many of the cars at an event as I do. I go to shoot pictures. period. I walk non stop until my card is full or I pass out. my goal is to see every car at the event. the only wrong car I remember was a late 60's dart. amazingly, that didn't ruin my whole day. maybe it's cuz I wear boxers. all the whiners ought to give it a try.

26. Some of those seemed a little less billetproof than others, but who fukkin cares? It's the fun and excitement that matter. :D Awesome pics guys. +50 on the thanks for sharing them.

27. zzford

zzford

Ya know, I am getting damn sick and tired of all the bitching and moaning. It is getting to the point that I don't even want to go to shows. If it isn't someone complaining about cars that don't belong, being let in, then it's some idiot complaining that he didn't get a POS trophy, or didn't get to park where everyone could see his car. These idiots are everywhere! There are a lot of them right here on the HAMB. Another gripe I have are the antiquers masquerading as hot rodders. "That part is not correct". From the beginning, real hot rodders have been "improving" the performance of their cars. Being stuck in a self imposed time warp is not following the spirit of the early rodders. As the overhead valve engines came into exsistance. the flatheads slowly fell by the wayside. Eventually the small block Chevrolet became the engine of choice. Why? Not because everyone want to be like each other, but, because they were light, fit in early cars better than anything else, cheap to buy, cheap to build and ran very strong. I see a whole movement AWAY from the original concept of rodding. Stick in an engine that performs like a slug. Install brakes that were obsolete 60 years ago. Do you think that given the choices we have today, the early rodders would have chosen to pursue the hobby as they did ? Very unlikely. Rodding has, like most everything, evolved. Build what you want, screw the self appointed critics.

28. Belchfire8

Belchfire8

Thanks for the pics, VERY inspirational!!! :D

29. erock805

erock805

Cool Pics I wanna go!

30. Hellfish

Hellfish

That's not true. We get a lot of people bitch about what gets in at the Pileup. Every year a few get in that shouldn't... maybe 10-15 out of 1000. But those cars will get singled out. I'm not sweating it. Mistakes happen and "traditional" is a subjective concept. The overall feel of the show is intact, and most of the whiners don't have a car of their own.

The Pileup is this weekend. Just watch.