Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures The Lively Set

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Sep 23, 2008.

1. hemi

hemi

Miss Pamela Tiffin...

Too bad she didn't stick around Hollywood and went to Italy.... she was HOT.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2008
  2. Kramer

Kramer

I was thinking the same thing. Thought for a minute they were going to go on by.

Just checked AMC's web site. It's not scheduled for the next 30 days, but it has to come up on their schedule sometime. I will check every once in awhile and if it does I will post it.

I noticed that also. Oh well maybe AMC will show it soon.

3. Wow, just found that poster while unpacking from moving, I'm in the process of getting it framed now

4. GaryC.

GaryC.

Thank You... Thank You... Thank You!
    I have been wracking my brain for months trying
    to remember the name of this movie (The Lively Set).

5. BrokeDick

BrokeDick
    from Idaho

6. butch27

butch27

Always wondered where the Dodge bucket ended up. Very little info on a beautiful car. Even the Prowlers seem to have forgotten it.??

8. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

never seen that one ,
    get out of the car we`ll be right back :rolleyes: hahaha
    what a great way to get rid of a girl friend !

9. chilimac

chilimac

Loved that movie since I was a kid,now I have to buy a copy.There ain't nothing like 60s era movies.

10. Was that drag scene at pomona? The trees look right for that place...

11. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

Mmmmm.....Pamela Tiffin.....:D:eek::cool:

12. pastlane

pastlane

Pamela Tiffin... what more needs to be said.

13. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

I love that movie...I have an 8mm reel copy never been opened.

14. and people laugh cause I got 8-tracks...yeah Im even puttin a new(1971) in the box Blaupunkt in the piewagon!

15. forty1

forty1

16. already did...........but she hasnt been on for a while I think.....it worth checkin her MYSPACE just for the photos and bio on there............and yes I judge all women as her being the standard,yeah Im kinda sick heh heh heh

17. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

18. if you like this check out the other movie that Darrin & Tiffin did together FOR THOSE WHO THINK YOUNG not as many kool cars but same era

19. hudson48

hudson48

We started a hot rod club here in Brisbane Australia around 1968 called the Lively Set Hot Rod Club.Had about a dozen members in the early days
    with several roadsters(29 A model,30 A model,32,) and other various coupes and sedans.

The good old days then.I remember racing a 1958 Chrysler in my channelled A model roadster(Y block/39 trans) down the main road
    one Friday night.

20. Mike

Mike

Pamela Tiffin....Hubba Hubba!;)

21. found this pic from a japan mag.....

Attached Files:

22. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Pamela Tiffin is hot.

23. mcload

mcload

Not to get off topic, but there was a somewhat similar film in 1954 called Johnny Dark, and was about a race from Mexico to Canada. They used all early fiberglass customs such as the Woodill Wildfire, Victress Roadster, and Glasspar G2. Tony Curtis was the lead...imagine him turning a wrench or installing an engine...oh brother! Piper Laurie was the love interest, and looked NOTHING like Pamela Tiffin! It was pretty campy with lots of inset shots of guys playing like they're driving while really behind a projected film in a studio. Had some good helicopter shots though.

Synopsis: Automobile engineer, Johnny Dark (Tony Curtis), designs a radical new car. When the owner refuses to sponsor the car in a Canada to Mexico Sports-car race, Johnny, with the aid of the owner's grand-daughter (Piper Laurie), steals the car and runs the race against the favored driver, his ex-buddy.

My friend Geoff Hacker recently sent me a copy of Johnny Dark and it was pretty cool....had that special Technicolor look to it. Anyway, I guess I'll need to try to find "The Lively Set" now.

Attached Files:

24. johnnykck

johnnykck

25. RUSTFATHER

RUSTFATHER
    BANNED

every body got me going just ordered it too man that guy should give us a break on the price

26. "LITTLE MISS".........ya can see it in this movie still!

Attached Files:

27. Fig Newtron

Fig Newtron

Ordered my copy 2 minutes ago!!!! Have never seen this movie!
    Can't wait! Warmin up the DVD player... :eek:

Greg

28. This is one of my favorite movies of all time. Bought a copy at the Bakersfield Reunion about 10 years back.
    Sure, it has some corny scenes and even though Pam is hot at times, her part is too bitchy and naggy for my tastes.

I love the part where he asks her out to a movie and he takes her to his shop to watch home movies of the drags!

Joanie Sommers is in the movie too. she had the '61 hit "Johnny Get Angry", a great song.

A definate MUST to any hot rodders movie collection!

Highly recommended.

Steve

<DIR>Hosting 11th annual Pontiac Heaven, show, swap, drags, party and all around good time. Saturday April 4, 2009 at Speedworld near Phoenix, Az
    more info- www.pontiacheaven.org
    Also hosting- 7th annual Nostalgic Show and Go! and swap. Drags, cool car show, parade, special exhibitions, gassers, rails, stockers, customs and much more. coming Sunday April 5, 2009 to Speedworld. Phoenix, Az -This is Arizonas longest continuest running nostalgic event, our 7th year! www.nostalgicshowandgo.org
    </DIR>

29. Fig Newtron

Fig Newtron

Got my copy couple days ago. Finally had a chance to watch it. Ya know for the genre this is a really good flick. Actually has a plot!

This is now my fav hot rod movie...

Thanks guys for sharing!

-Greg