Register now to get rid of these ads!

Fat Man Fab?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 39studebaker, Sep 22, 2008.

1. 39studebaker

39studebaker

Anybody ever use them before? Can I trust what they tell me for my 39 Studebaker? Thoughts.......

2. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

I have two Mustang II set ups from them. put a ton of miles on my wagon with their set up. they are my first choice for MII front ends

3. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

good people who know thier stuff. call them on the phone and you get people who know what they are talking about.

what did they tell you about your 39 Studebaker?

4. from them several times, their stuff works and fits with no hassles. no extra bling

5. Got my MII for my 54 plymouth wagon...fit like a glove ( at the time they hadn't built one for that application...gave them the measurements and it arrived on time and was painless)...nice people on the phone...always willing to help...thumbs up from me

6. cadillac dave

cadillac dave

100 percent , they have helped me on several projects, Brent will do his best for you. DEAL WITH CONFIDENCE , cadillac dave

7. Let's see;
    Front stub for a 49 Ford Woodie that someone had butchered with an S-10 clip
    Front stub for a 37 Ford that, once again, someone had butchered with an S-10 clip
    48 Willys Jeepster MII conversion
    2 different 56 F100 MII
    Pretty sure there were a couple more but "Ol Timers" must be setting in.
    Only problem ever - they sent the wrong one for the Jeepster, there are two frame styles, and I had the cross member fully welded before it was discovered! They sent the right one but I lost about 4 hours labor.
    Wouldn't hesitate to use again

8. turdytoo

turdytoo

They don't skimp on metal. I have used 2 of their frames and 2 Mustang II crossmembers with no complaints.

9. blackmopar

blackmopar
    from fallbrook

agreed - excellent company and products - what did they tell you about your stude?

10. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

i used them and everything went together great

11. CNC-Dude

CNC-Dude

Many times when you call, Fat Man himself(Brent)will answer and talk to you about your needs. Very nice guy!

12. I use there stuff on eveything they have very good products and tech support

13. Specialdeluxe

Specialdeluxe

Very pleased with the quality of their work. When I called to order the parts they made it a point to explain everything I needed to know about the setup and made sure it would work for me instead of just taking my card number. That's good business.

14. sled

sled

Quite happy from my side too...bought a complete IFS for my 50 Merc custom and fit like a glove..good service and very friendly..ah,and have already 20% off for the next clip...buy with confidence!they know theier stuff...

15. KIRK!

KIRK!

They are great! Owner, Brent, is a friend of mine and is about as wise as they come.

16. BLAINE 816

BLAINE 816

I have one under my 41 lincoln continental [heavy car] with air bags.easy install .

17. Cruiser

Cruiser

Fatman Fabrications is an excellent business and makes very good products. Put their Mustang under my '41 Ford it it workout great, it comes in a stand drop and a super drop. The cross member is extra heavy duty, I think about 3/16 steel. Brent is very easy to work with and knows his stuff.

CRUISER :cool:

18. old kid

old kid
    Member Emeritus
    from middle ga

nice people with good products. brent and his crew are tops.
    dan

19. Ted Kempgens

Ted Kempgens
    from Florida

Great products, And the best to deal with. Ted

20. WelderSeries

WelderSeries
    Alliance Vendor

I'd say you got a 100% accurate response.

21. Brent fabricated the bag system in my 61 Caddy before Air Ride tech came up with their kit.

His shop is top notch, and I would never hesitate to call on him if I ever needed anything suspension wise.

22. Retrorod

Retrorod

I have a FatMan frame, the "builders special" under my '35 sedan. Great product...it fits right, was simple to build and a couple times I called for help/suggestions they busted their tail to help me. Yeah, I would give them a big "thumbs up".

23. Ice man

Ice man

When I ordered my 29 frame from Brookville, I ordered a IFS from Fatman, told them to ship it t Brookville (no welder at the time). Brookville welded it in and sent the frame to me with the suspension parts in a box and the rest was gravy. Excellent IFS, good price, needed different front hubs, they sent them before I could pack and ship the wrong one to them, no cost. GREAT crew. Ice man

24. CharlieLed

CharlieLed

Only show in town for lowered Volare spindles. The 10% HAMB discount is nice too!

25. dante81_98

dante81_98
    1. A-D Truckers

I would say those are some pretty damn good reviews. I will be giving him a call to discuss my options for sure.

Thanks,
    Chad

26. Have never heard a bad word about them, a lot of people could learn how to run a business from these guys.

27. like everyone else is saying...great people great products. never had an issue w/ these cats

28. Slantback

Slantback

:D I've got a stageIII and stub on my 37 Pontiac, very satisfied with parts and service. Would not hesitate to use again.

29. Topless Ford

Topless Ford

El Polacko, I read that thread with great interest as I am considering something along that line for my 63 Galaxie. I would love to take some weight off the front of that car and do something with the suspension and steering to smooth it out. Don't know where to turn though.
    That article and thread was from 2006, have the products mentioned in that article and thread changed at all in your opinion? Did the industry self regulate and improve or is it still a shot in the dark.