Register now to get rid of these ads!

Question for The Dodge/ Plymouth crowd...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Zombie Hot Rod, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

Ok, a friend of mine has a 1951 Plymouth, the frame on the car is shot. He's got acess to a 1950 Dodge frame. My question is, does anyone know if the Dodge frame will fit under the Plymouth body as is, or will it have to be shortened? lengthened? Narrowed, etc...

I build hot rods, so when cars get into the 50's I know nothing. :)

2. I have a '51 Plymouth and by owning it and all the sites I've been on and seeing the Dodges in person I would have to think they should be the same as long as the are both 2 doors or both 4 doors.
    May want to check over at the p15-d24.com website. They'll know for sure.

Hope this helps.

BloodyKnuckles

3. squirrel

squirrel

51 plymouth is 111 or 118.5" wheelbase, 51 dodge is 115 or 123.5"

(and it's not 2 or 4 door that makes the difference, it's the model of car, P22/P23/D41/D42)

4. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

Thanks for the info...

5. Crestliner

Crestliner

Most of the 49-51 Plymouths will interchange having the same body style. Need to know which body and model# to say for sure.

6. I'm curious as what the difference in frames is between the two. I wonder if they have completely different frames or if they have different center pin location on their rear springs. 4"s really isn't much so I wonder where the difference is.
    I will be doing personal research on this one, actual measurements and comparisons. Just a piece of mind for me.

BloodyKnuckles

7. it's not different springs. Hollander lists the same spring for pretty much all C-P-D-D cars except the 7 passenger stuff, from like '37 to '52. Don't quote me, I don't have the Hollander in front of me, but this is close.
    Also, I have an old frame sheet for the '50 Dodge, there are two distinctly different frames.

8. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

From what I've seen, the Dodge is longer in the nose, from the firewall forward. Firewall back should be the same if they are matching body styles. Gene

9. Specialdeluxe

Specialdeluxe

I don't see any interchange between Plymouth and Dodge frames in the Hollander. I have a 49 Plymouth and recently went on a body mount bracket hunt. I received a bracket from a 52 Dodge and it was different. The body mounts would need to be changed, but I don't think the frame would work either.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2008