Register now to get rid of these ads!

Luckiest week ever

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bigdaddyslip, Aug 12, 2008.

1. daddio211

daddio211

C'mon dude, its been a week and a half... what have you done? Nothing? Well then I'll come get it. I has one of those very undesirable checkerboard style primer jobs that really decrease the value. Because we're friends I'll give you $100 bucks for her.

2. I have been deep into the motor I am still gathering parts for the roadster just scored an entire front axle, trans and rear end from a 56 ford f-100 off c-list. I love guys who want to "street rod" there cars...

3. Pokerstar

Pokerstar

Buy a lottery ticket . nice score!

4. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

When I started reading this I figured he was from Kansas.....

Great score.

Enjoy it.

Paco

5. 35mastr

35mastr
    from Norcal

You are a very lucky man indeed.You even got it delivered to your door to boot.Very nice start there.Keep the pic's coming and good luck with your build.

6. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Ahh.......you have a "pink" bicycle?

Oh yea, keep the fenders.......and hotrod it from there.

7. drock6570

drock6570

congrats man. Be sure you do grampas ride justice!

8. The wife got to put one thing in the garage.

9. toss the flatty in later but in the meanwhile... dial in that perfect stance... and quadruple ditto's on keeping the fenders, hood and all that nice original tin... get it painted, finish out the interior and lastly but most importantly as soon as you possibly can you drive it over to your grandpa's house... you toss him the keys and you tell him to take you for a ride.

there's a reason he gave you that car... and please don't you forget that!

oh... you also totally suck you lucky bastard... even though we're brothers and all... by the way... I seem to have misplaced grandpa's phone number.... p.m. me!!! ;)

10. Halfdozen

Halfdozen
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I need a Rat Pack poster for my garage wall too...

11. Got a few score at the swap this weekend and it is full speed ahead now

12. CRUZN60

CRUZN60

Very cool grandpa.

13. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

LUCKY FUCKER!!!Nice one Man.

14. been hunting and scoredd once again found an older guy with a complete set of clean kelseys so I snagged them and let's just say I couldn't pass up the deal. Also going to fire the banger this weekend.

15. Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy
    BANNED

Keep us posted!

16. Been a while but I am almost done getting all the parts. Thanks to everyone who has pm'ed me with advice or pictures to give me motivation. I am hoping to have it ready for Paso Maria next year.

17. CanyonCarver

CanyonCarver
    from So-Cal

Well you certainly are a lucky duck! Now let's see some photos when you start tearing into the old iron.

Best of luck to you!

18. bigboar

bigboar
    from california

im a grandpa with a barn full of iron and have three daughters, who could give a shit , 6 model as 2 old chops,33 pickup,4 old gassers,2 55chevys 1 chopped,to much to remember,Your grandpa is lucky he has someone who appraciates that old stuff.a few moore years all my stuff will probally end up as scrap.

19. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

Goddayuuuum..Nice!!

20. Mopar Mama

Mopar Mama
    from Boise, ID

Oh god! Leave the fenders on!!!

21. Rough Stock

Rough Stock
    from Austin, Tx

What do you mean Grandpa? I still care.....

22. BAD ROD

BAD ROD

My grandpas have long past on without leaving me any old hot rods (sum-bitches). ....I'm currently part of the adopt a grandpa program.

Mike

23. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

24. dad!!!!!!!

25. Well this weekend i have become a true beleiver in the greatness and kindness of the hot rod community. I was looking on craigslist for parts for the roadster and stumbled upon an ad for 40 ford brakes. I called the guy and we got to talikng and he decieded i needed the brakes more then he needed the money. He lives about 2 hours north so my wife and I made the drive and made a good friend. he gave me a full set drums 3 loaded backing plates with original safety hubs and a few other odds and ends he had scronged up. We talked for a few hours and shared hot rod stories. He would not acept anything except for a promise that once i finished the roadster i would drive it up there and take him to lunch. You better believe when i get there he will be driving the roadster to lunch. What a weekend!!!

26. [​IMG]

I finally got a few days off to mess around with the roadster so while I was waiting for the gas tank to cure I tossed on a few of the goodies I have been collecting onto the flattie and had to take a picture.

27. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

Make that 50,001 !!!!!

28. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Right on, glad to see you are building that cool car from your Gramps...does the roadster still have those rare screwdriver hinges?.....Ha ha.

29. Brandi

Brandi

And one girl.

:D

30. double

double

Keep the updates coming....love the roadsters!