Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cars in Argentina

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mercjoe, Jul 1, 2008.

1. klazurfer

klazurfer

Most `33-`34 Fords from Argentina have filled roofs .. , That`s why we scandinavians call them " Made in Argentina " .. Not chopped ..
    Stock roof height , Be it tudor ..fordoor.. fivewindr.. : I have seen 8 model 40 imported from Argentina to Scandinavia , and they all had filled roofs ..

Never seen a 3windr from Argentina ..
    Mercjoe : Ever seen 1 ?

Klaz:)

2. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

I have some good friends in Cordoba & I'm sure that they would have called me if there were any old cars in that state.
    I loved being down there, good hunting, GREAT steaks, wonderful malbec wines, warm hearted folks, & young women that are so pretty they'll "melt the elastic in your underwear"! :D:D:D

3. nix

nix
    from Italy

never seen 3w...
    yes Ford '32 or '34 coupé 5w or roadster...

I have some contacts that have things of the kind...but I don't know well... only a reliable person that it import from Italy...

Attention a lot of 5w is of the beautiful replicas reproduced in perfect way sold as original...!!!

4. NAFTA

NAFTA
    from Europe

Hola Guys...
    Ciao Nix...

I was last year in Argentina for to ceck the real situation.
    Unfortunately I dont know Diego...DAMN...

I can say what I have seen.
    There is many rusty stuff. All the nice cars, in good shape, are gone!
    It's from 50 years that people from Usa and North Europe make shopping there.
    The best models of cars and bikes are really gone.
    Surely there is yet old stuff, but the cars and bikes in nice condition are not for sale, or the price is the same that in other country.
    The restoration work often is made with not original parts and with not good materials.
    I look personally a lot of replicas...of all models and company.
    Ford 32/34 roadster, 5w, 3w, pannel, sport coupè...very many!
    The craftsman are very able.
    The cars "barn find" or junk are very often comletely not original, modify, and need millions hours around.
    In fine, the shipping cost and all logistic cost are very hight, if comparate with the USA, Mexico or Europe cost.

bye...

5. mauro d-100

mauro d-100

aguante boca carajo!!!

los argentinos copamos hamb!!

6. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

Not much English being spoken on this thread??:confused:

It would be nice for those of us that do not speak "portugese or Spanish" to understand what is being said.

7. THE CHIEF

THE CHIEF
    from MIAMI

hahaha la 12 viveeee

8. Capochi

Capochi

I agree, that is the reality in argentina.

OT: estos Bosteros estan en todos lados, menos mal que no es un foro de futbol. Saludos Millonarios

9. junkyardgenius

junkyardgenius
    from Kernow

My very own Argentinian filled roof 34 that,s been waiting in the back of my garage for nearly 6 years.Bad thing is it,s a lot worse than it looks here, good news is I,m finally going to get started on it in the next 2 or 3 weeks .

Attached Files:

10. THE CHIEF

THE CHIEF
    from MIAMI

every time i go to Argentina i find cars, not cheap to get em up here to the us but their there, as far as this"The restoration work often is made with not original parts and with not good materials" i got to tell you my uncle has been doing body work for over 50 and after i saw this and i asked him he told me that most of the work hes done on old cars has been wit lead, obviously they don't use the original parts its mostly fabricated parts, they the craftsmanship is amazing, Argentina had the biggest car factories for Chevrolet and ford, so if you look in the right places and you talk to the right people u can find everything from speed parts to original accessories, there is a shop next to my brothers house the the owner has a wall full of old I6 and Flathead speed parts, ill ee if i can get a picture

ot:
    flaco hableme cuando tengan aguamte asi[​IMG]

11. Capochi

Capochi

OT; un aguante as?

[​IMG]

Saludos loco, dejemoslo aca, esto no es un foro de futbol, un Abrazo.

12. nix

nix
    from Italy

Hi Ermann (contento di sentirti anche qua!), this is your topic…

When you can put pics of your Argentina shopping... (I sent you PM)

13. Southfork

Southfork

14. madmike3434

madmike3434

Interesting this thread and talk of Argentina built cars. GM opened an assembly plant in Argentina in 1925 They received whats called a CKD = complete knock down. They were shipped a complete rolling chassis and all the other parts were put into boxes and assembled on the production line.

I recently ( november 2011 ) purchased a 1934 chevrolet standard series rumble seat roadster in Tennessee that was assembled in argentina and was a rhd drive car. It was supposedly shipped in the late 80's early 90's to a car dealer in Alabama. The person i bought it off has had it for 10 + years.

Car is still there awaiting transport too Canada as soon as the new ownership title is produced from the DMV . Hopefully in late january 2012

mike lynch

15. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

He's still around and selling www.kaplansfamily.com

A bit of trivia RHD Sth American cars from what I've established so far are Canadian exports. They were RHD until WW2 when they switched to LHD. Quite a few RHD cars are coming down under and don't appear too bad. Be warned I know someone who parted with $$$ and didn't use www.escrow.com and lost $$$, he didn't speak Spanish either.

16. madmike3434

madmike3434

Yes MARK, we ( Canada ) exported GM cars to assembly factories in Australia, Argentina, South Africa , Malaya, Denmark either as completed cars or as CKD = complete knock downs, which was the bulk of the exporting.

We also shipped mostly CKD cars to Australia but not the main body which was constructed by GM HOLDEN. There is a lot of differences between a holden constructed main body and a Canadian stamped body.

According to info i read yesterday, Argentina switched to lhd = left hand drive in 1939-1940 .

mike

17. weve just recently purchased a 34 3w and a 34 tudor both originally from Argentina the tudor was bone stock minus the running gear. the 3w appeared to be pieced together from a number of cars but the bodywork is beautiful and the door gaps are a thing of beauty. filled roof and steeled out. a great start to a project.

18. reefer

reefer

I bought a 32 roadster that was built in Argentina...it came in great condition.When I had to get it registered here in England, I sent the details off to The Early V8 Ford Club UK, for veryfication....they wrote me a letter back giving me the date and place of manufacture.I gave the letter away with the car to its new owner....I`m not certain, but I think it was assembled in Brasil...could be wrong, but I seem to remember it as such.

A few years ago a guy was selling a couple of nice Model A phaetons for restoration..they looked in good condition when I saw them.
    I would imagine the place has been picked clean of early Fords by now.

We had a load of cars come in from South Africa a few years ago at really good prices when the Rand fell out of bed.