Register now to get rid of these ads!

What to do (ebay weary)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 53 Tuck N Roll, Sep 15, 2008.

1. pastlane

pastlane

is that a bad thing? KNUX

2. 5window

5window

Is that a bad thing? KNUX

Quote:
    Originally Posted by 53 Tuck N Roll [​IMG]
    oh yea plus he says "god bless" after EVERY sentence. so far its going good but im just covering my steps.

I guess this would be like saying "Honest", or "trust me" every sentence. The truly honest,trustworthy and religious folks don't need to constantly remind you.

3. 53 Tuck N Roll

53 Tuck N Roll

Well I spoke to him on the phone. He is gonna have the guy bring cash with him on Thursday. All is well.

4. SakowskiMotors

SakowskiMotors

THIS IS IMPORTANT:

If you accept cash these days, meet the guy at the bank and deposit it right then and there with the buyer at the counter with you. When they count it in their machine it checks for counterfit. Once the bank accepts the money, it is on them or they arrest the counterfit crook.

It is getting very common for people to pay in all or part counterfit. Once you write a bill of sale and take the fake money, it is all your problem. You can't prove squat and they have the car and a bill of sale. You are straight up screwed.

Always do the transaction at the bank. Also, then the buyer knows and his friends who were planning on robbing you at home that night for the cash know it is in the bank, not at your home. So they don't bother.

I am around a lot of buying and selling and I hear true stories like this regularly. Take care of yourself, a legit buyer will understand.

Wil
    www.sakowskimotors.com

5. 40 grey

40 grey
    from s.w. Fla.

An old Mechanic I worked with used to say: If theres a Bible on the dash, they pay in cash. God Bless .

6. 3Mike6

3Mike6

Uh oh, now the counterfit money thing is raised.

May be best to just have the guy send you payment electronically. :D

7. rodknocker

rodknocker

Ahhh a happy ending to a stressful day....

8. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

"know what to do with counterfeit money? put it in the collection plate at church!"
    George Carlin

9. Squablow

Squablow

Jeez you guys are killing me with this shit.

If you're REALLY that paranoid about counterfeit money, there are a ton of ways you can check it out, and you don't need a special bank machine to check for counterfeits (which I'm fairly sure does not exist)

Real US currency has the strip in it which is visible if you hold it up to the light, says US 20 or US 100 or whatever the denomination is. There's also a watermark you can look for, you can check the number in the corner by bending it slightly to see if the ink changes color in the light, you can look real close at the bill for very small blue and red strands of material in it (US bills aren't made of paper, it's actually a linen fiber based paper)

For crying out loud, I hope I never have to buy anything from any of you guys, you'll have me standing there with a notary stamping every $20 bill in front of a lawyer with my hand on the bible and a gun to my head. The guy's legit, just let him buy the damned car already.

10. kustombypook

kustombypook

Don't forget your balls in a vice.

11. 53 Tuck N Roll

53 Tuck N Roll

Squablow i didn't mention the money. I just have heard bad things about accepting car payment on paypal. loosen up a bit.

12. belair

belair

I bet no one counterfits Canadian money-have him pay in Canucks.

13. henry29

henry29

If the guy was a scammer he would't have placed a best offer bid of $500 less than the buy it now.

14. Arthur

Arthur
    from NC

Somehow or another,he is going to screw you. Count on it. In fact,if he shows up in person and shakes your hand,make sure you count your fingers before he leaves.

EVERY single time I have dealt with one of those "God Bless" people,I got screwed. EVERY time.

15. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

afraid of funny munny?

spend 5 minutes and $5 at the local office supply store and get yourself a iodine pen, or really splurge and bust out $12 for a pocket UV light...

16. Arthur

Arthur
    from NC

That's fine as long as the car is paid for in full and so are the transportation fees BEFORE you leave home. I once sold a car to a guy in Pa that wanted me to deliver it,and after getting a 200 dollar down payment,I did. Once I got up there he tried to get away with buying the car for half of the agreed upon amount,and asked,"what are you going to do,haul it back home and lose money?". I told him,yeah,that was exactly what I was going to do,and that's what I did. NEVER again!

I have sold and delivered several cars since then,but I ALWAYS get paid in full first. And not by PayPal,either. US Postal money orders. I will take a PayPal down payment of up to 500 bucks if necessary to pin the buyer down,but no more than that. The balance is only paid in cash if he comes to pick it up,or by bank transfer or postal money orders if he wants it delivered.