Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wed night build S10 49 Chev truck@ Bubbas

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GMC BUBBA, Mar 9, 2008.

1. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

what's the plan for this wednesday? anything going on?

2. Yo Scoob....look in the social group..
    Were going to be making trophy's for the "Big D" show on the 21st of sept..
    Hope to see you.
    Walt's project is at a stand still, the HAMB Dragster is waiting for parts,,,we started a 6 cyl build on test engine.. and the Woodford is on ice...

3. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

Another wed evening has past. Great time this week , lots of folks hanging out and lots of stuff to fix and get done. My weeks trailer project is beginnning to look really good and is almost done.

[​IMG]

parking lot filled with hot rods and tons of tech talk (BS) were held in the parking lot.

Timmys new stereo in the Buick wont play Carl Perkins , seems like it messes with the air bag system or something like that :eek::D

[​IMG]

It took a little work but we finally found the miss in Big D's Impala, looks like it needs a valve seal on cylinder number 2.

[​IMG]

Nice evening for just hanging out , talking cars .
    We also got a start on making trophys for Big D's Sept 21st car show...
    They will be cool....:cool:

4. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

WOW !! What a night at Bubbas, we decided to cook up some burgers on the grill and Eagletucky brought some "high life" in honor of Kieths new car......
    Our resident fire chief (the poo) cooked up burgers and tierod made up some kick ass pear salsa....."bottle of bubbas hot sauce in it for good measure"

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Kirk rolled in with his new purchase a pretty clean little uni-body ford pickup. He drove it home from Texas last week. He will make er right for sure !!!

[​IMG]

The Road Rockets came by to see what the hell was going on and Miss Naomi brought us a cake. Wasnt any left thats for sure...

[​IMG]

Kieths new car came in on a trailer.........

[​IMG]

After much discussion we got busy and finished up the brakes as there was a problem with shoes and drums......gootter done !!!
    Mercduece man tuned the carb linkage and over all shes almost road ready , should be in Dayton at Dadycats show next sat...
    Rick Marks did a great job on this build the look etc is right on.

[​IMG]

Happy owner ........:eek:

[​IMG]

The way to tell when everyone has a great time at Bubbas. The morning after.......:eek::eek::eek::cool:

During the evening..........:cool:
    [​IMG]

Just a couple little adjustments...................Dayton cruise first outing ???

[​IMG]

5. xtralow

xtralow
    from So Cal

Cool, how about some more photos of Timmy's Black Buick? where'd he get the tires?

6. Eagletucky

Eagletucky

Click on my name. I have a few pics saved in my album.

The tires are Pep boys specials...I had the accent stripe cut here in town at a tire shop.

Thanks!

7. bigtumtum

bigtumtum

100_0688.jpg

Any updates??? :D

8. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

ITS PRETTY MUCH STALLED...:(
    Seen many of these kind of projects over the years and actully owned a few of my own. Once the momentem stops or slows down they are pretty much doomed into the cave where all that stuff lives.
    Not sure the crew at Bubbas can restart the momentem on this one, and plan on moving it to another bay in the next couple weks so other stuff can get done...:(

9. Abomination

Abomination

Have you checked out our S-10 thread? A few minutes reading that may well ignite some inspiration!

Here's a link:
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=274702

~Jason

10. AHotRod

AHotRod

Are you guys gonna finish the truck ??????????

11. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

Sadly enough , more than likely not! We could have been driving this truck ( as the donor s10 ) was running when we drove it in. The owner (a friend) was doing this project for his son and it just didnt take off.
    The son either never cared ( or just didnt sign on to the project) and the owner got too envolved trying to make this truck perfect.
    The wed night guys all signed on to the project and were willing to do what they could to make this one happen but it just didnt happen.
    We are now way far down the road and we need the space for other projects ( which will get done) for the winter.:(:(:confused::confused:

Look for other cool stuff to come from the wed night crew.

12. bigtumtum

bigtumtum

C'mon sell the truck to a H.A.M.B member or just make a lotery..
    :D

13. Post more . Iam looking for an s-10 for a similer project. 53 PU

14. I can think of 4 off the top of my head not counting Tear Drop Trailers... ;)

1. The 300hp slanted Krylon II.
    2. The 63 Valiant cleaning and makeover.
    3. The Suave Roadster truck makeover.
    4. The HA/GR dyno and rebuild with manual tranny.
    Not to mention somehow the shop collected nearly 8 mini-bikes for the 1st Annual Rust Revival Mini Bike Drags. :cool:

15. monzadood

monzadood
    BANNED

i was really wanting to see this truck finished. bummer. on the other hand...since i am not going to james dean/ducktail this weekend, i plan to finish up my firewall and reinstall my engine and trans. with some luck, she might be ready for hunnertcar...

16. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Bubba,
    A buddy of mine stopped by your place last weekend.......Dick Carlson....the tall guy with the camera.......he sent me some pix of your shop.......neat place and I want to find a "bumper car" now.

Chris Nelson
    Kansas

17. maccustom

maccustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey everyone - I have daddy duty tomorrow so I am off the airport project for a few hours and I will bring my boy down for his lesson in hanging around the garage. Angus and I made the "thumbs up" sculpture tonight for Darryl's trophy and maybe we will bring the mold making magic and do another "demo" while we are there.

18. nexxussian

nexxussian

??? Elaborate please (do tell :)).

19. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

Just a quickie from Bubbas, I have been on the Indiana Covered Bridge Model T Ford Tour. 5 full days ina Model T Ford on gravel and back roads , crossing creeks etc. It was a blast i drove 400 miles in five days. Only had one flat tire ( On My 1917 Roadster pickup).
    Then its off to the Newport Hillclimb with the simple T. Thre days down there and we are still unloading trailers and trucks etc this afternoon.
    This weeks Bubbas night is "prep for the pileup".
    Did get a few sneak peaks of our latest "top secret " project. We hope to have it ready FOR THE HAMB DRAGS NEXT YEAR.
    The project starts off as a " Krylon II" model of our other Krylon roadster.

Krylon I ;

[​IMG]

A older picture of the car before the smooth wheels etc....

Lindross checking out our new frame ( kit frame from the sixtys with torsion front axle, corvair box and coil over rear.
    Bought from fellow hamber Earl Shieb....
    [​IMG]

Can you se the bubba vision in this one??? Boat air cleaner, miller shifter etc///

[​IMG]

And we just happen to have another 1918 Dodge roadster body in the archives....:eek:

I NEED A DRIVERS DOOR !!!!!!! PM WITH INFO ........

Will keep this thread going with the other projects as time allows....:D

20. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

Last night we spent most of the evening getting the cars ready for the drive to the pile up. Tighten this check taht etc. Found a front wheel bearing issue on the noodle mobile, Lindross came by the shop today and thought we ought to check the front wheels as he had sit on a tire last night and felt it move etc. We jacked er up and holy shit the inner wheels bears were way loose. Further inspection shows the bearing are the wrong size. How that made it though all the brake problems i will ever know.
    A quick goole search shows the subject addresssed on the hamb board and a quick trip to napa fixed the problem.
    He drove a couple hundred miles like this. WOW if it was mine it wouldnt have made it to the corner..:eek::eek::eek:
    Heres a before and after shot....F100 drums require a different bearing when used on early ford spindles.....:eek::eek:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We did get the chassis apart and to the blaster this morning. I will start a new "Krylon II" thread when it comes back. Goal is to make 300 hp with a slant six dodge engine per a mopar magazine article....

Will post update when we return from the pile up...

21. wow! hard to believe someone missed that.

22. nexxussian

nexxussian

Wow, all that slop and it didn't kill the spindle?

23. Merki

Merki
    from Calgary

Wish someone could re-post all those photos. They are no longer hosted at Photobucket. Shame to lose that resource

24. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

I agree. I'm going to have to make a trip out to Bubba's. Only 25 min. from the house.

25. drtybiker

drtybiker
    from florida

Why keep things like this up thay are worthless without pictures