Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lebanon Tn. Hillbilly Hoedown?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by seatex, Jul 16, 2008.

1. seatex

seatex

Anyone know anything about a Hillbilly HotRod Hoedown (or some such shit) in Lebanon Tn. in Sept?
    I need to go to Nashville on business, and being the selfish bastard I am, I would just as soon let the company pay for it while I can have some fun.
    I saw a post about a month ago and did not save the details.
    Can anyone help me waste my employers money?:cool:

2. k9racer

k9racer

Yes Sir.. Red neck Rumble the third one..Sat 27 sept 2008. car show//swap meet// demo derby that night.. friday a cruise to benifit the U. S. Marines.. . Looking forward to meeting you... Bobby..

Last edited: Jul 16, 2008
  3. ratster

ratster

go if you like RATRODZ

4. haney

haney
    from Knoxville

Where is it in Lebanon? I go to school at MTSU and that's right down the road from me.

5. Buddha5150

Buddha5150

I haven't found any info as to where it will be held at but you can contact Tom Williams 615.896.2708 for all the info.

6. Black Magic

Black Magic

Here is the flyer [​IMG]

7. milltownrodz

milltownrodz

well we have a convoy of 4 leavin from ma...wedn the 24th....road trip always a blast...

8. Retro61

Retro61

Had some friends that went last year,and they pretty much told me the same thing that Sam F. said! Don't think i'll waste the Gas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. jalopy43

jalopy43
    Member Emeritus

10. the-rodster

the-rodster

If I remember correctly, Sam had to leave shortly after he arrived.

Later on, the band starts playing...

There's a few burnouts....

Jalopy43 starts throwin' some flames.....

Just a bunch of rednecks having some fun.

I'll be there.

Rich

11. RPU Rick

RPU Rick

Wife and I were there last year...she said we are going this year too!!! Not a bad show unles you can not be happy with anything. Go. Enjoy. Rick.

12. milltownrodz

milltownrodz

13. This is great show that gets better each year. The fairgrounds Exit 238 I think) are great for burnouts and the parts swap is perfect. Two thumbs up to the fellas roadtrippin from milltown, look forward to seeing your rides and hearing war stories of the trip. See my fellow poor boys Sparky and Bobby at the show!

Keep it between the ditches.

Professor

14. milltownrodz

milltownrodz

right on man...this is why we travel.......

15. haney

haney
    from Knoxville

alright, I'm bringing my car from home to school (Knoxville to Murfreesboro) so I can come. Anyone know where the show is in Lebanon?

16. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

jame e ward ag center. jeez its old cars and a swap meet ,what more do ya need.........well:cool:

17. haney

haney
    from Knoxville

cool, thanks for the info. I'll definitely be there.

18. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

Whats with the names of these things??? Redneck Rumble...Hillbilly Hoedown??? Since when did white trash start ruling rods and customs? Friggin wierd, sounds like a good show, not knocking it, but these names lately are nutty.

19. haney

haney
    from Knoxville

As a college educated hot rodder from the south I would have to agree with you. I think it's really annoying when people embrace the "red neck lifestyle". I'm all for building your own car in your own garage but isn't being a "red neck" supposed to be a bad thing?

20. milltownrodz

milltownrodz

well the milltown krew from palmer mass drove 1100 miles to hitt this..and godam was it worth it..great cars great people great road trip.3100 miles we r back in ma..

21. Hudsonator

Hudsonator
    from Tennessee

Any of your crew driving that Yellow Hudson sedan?

If so, thanks for making the trip - the car was awsome in every way.
    The conversation and tech was much appreciated. We're making plans on installing our own OD tranny setup with tall gears, thanks to you.

Hud
    Piloting the Black '49 Hudson coupe in the rough.

22. milltownrodz

milltownrodz

yup my bud charlie in the 49...

23. What the hell is "red neck life style?" Is it like the Rock-a-Billy life style clowns running around rod runs in August wearing black jeans and black T-shirts and passing out from heat stroke. Redneck is a label, it means different things to different people. You can use it to identify yourself as a middle class working person or, if you're an aloof know it all college student you can use it to establish your vast superiority over all of those people. I'm a college educated Redneck and I can't tell you how happy it makes me to annoy Joe College types. Oops look, I just used a label to put down a part of the community I don't like or understand.

24. 72sst

72sst

Stupid Hillbillys........jeesh.

25. haney

haney
    from Knoxville

If your definition of a redneck is that of a working class person, than I have no problem with you. In fact if that is your definition of a redneck than my father and mother would both fall in to that category. What bothers me is the idea of someone embracing stupidity. I didn't mean to insult you, nor do I think I'm better than anyone who works for a living. I do however have a distaste for people who are in a lower station in life because they embrace their classification as "redneck" and the use that as a way of absolving themselves from using common sense. I admire working class people like my parents and grand parents, because they worked hard and tried to better themselves, most of the "rednecks" where I come from were more concerned with beer and doing meth all day long, instead of going out and getting a job. I guess it's just a difference in definition.

26. Hudsonator

Hudsonator
    from Tennessee

Redneck. I was always under the assumption that the term meant you worked out in the sun all day with your head bowed down to your task, which left it exposed and prone to sunburning. The implication was that you were WORKING. Mainly lower wage earners, day laborers, construction laborers, farmers, etc. Folks who do very hard work with little thanks or monetary reward. Honest and do right by their family with moral values because they don't have enough money to spoil them. Come to find out it was orginally a term used to label Applachian coal miners who wore red-bandanas to signifiy solidarity against "The Man" and bring to an end unfair labor practices in that industry. The definition still fits, as most of those men were the same cut as my own understanding.

There is a real difference between a redneck and plain white trash. Rednecks don't get welfare, white trash does. Rednecks don't starve their kids to feed their own beer gut, white trash does. Rednecks will work 2 or 3 different jobs in 24 hours to try and make things better for their family, white trash will stop doing anything and claim a false condition to collect SSI. Rednecks generally aren't drug addicts, because they can't afford it and wouldn't do that to their families.

That sure doesn't mean rednecks don't know how to celebrate, but know work is going to be on Monday and they'd better be there. Rednecks value common sense and life experiance over sheepskins and silver spoons. They'll send their kids as high in education as they possibly can, and the best folks I've ever worked for/with - were truly educated rednecks having both common sense and higher education. Cash is king and they realize that credit is just less freedom in a society where they have little freedom anyway.

I'm an educated redneck, and damnned proud of it. If any of you white collar, plastic fantastic, "better than thou" bastards want to look down on us - just go ahead. Think about that next time your ass is hung out to dry and who actually stops to help you out. It probably won't be one of your own kind, because they have better things to do. It will probably be a redneck - because they know what it feels like to be down and could only depend on each other to pull out of the rut.

For you city folk, this is usually the difference between white and blue collars. Rednecks are the rural equivalent.

When it comes to the car show, you can spot a redneck car a mile away. Its a basic car, lacking "show car" perfection, but a solid car with as much improved as they can afford. Usually what they take pride in the most is what has boosted its performance the most, and worry about the looks later as they can afford it. If you go to that show year after year, the vehicle changes as the improvements rack up over time. A redneck car is usually the one all the white collar guys want to buy and impose thier impression of perfection upon. When a redneck car actually gets done, its usually with a higher precentage of sweat equity and on par with anything else on the lot. It just takes alot more time to complete due to money. We know who each other are and like to get together and cheer each other on taking note of the current year's progress. A real, completed Redneck Rod is usually owned by an older redneck, for reasons you should have already figured out by now. Rat Rods and the like are the equivalent of a Foxworthy joke to us and are distasteful representations of what a non-redneck thinks being a redneck actually is - and are very wrong.

If you wanted to know what the redneck lifestyle is, there ya go. You generally can't tell us apart from anyone else. All it takes is about 30 seconds of conversation to really tell, and we mainly identify the non-rednecks long before the non-redneck has a clue. We are NOT the guys running around with cuffed dungarees, white T's, thick rimmed glasses, or pastey white skin slathered with tribal tatoos. We are the guys who look like our cars, a little unfinished/unrefined - but solid.

Hud

27. Man Hud, you nailed it!

haney:
    If the "rednecks" where you’re from are alcoholics or drug addicts they have been dubbed so by someone who doesn’t understand the term. Hud hit the nail on the head. Druggies, boozers, rat rodders, or any other flavor of degenerate can't be a redneck because a redneck has work to do and people to take care of. What you're talking about sounds like white trash, Springer style.

28. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

Rednecks got the name ,long ago,as their collective laboring ,toiling ,asses normally wore a red bandanna around their necks.

Around their "rednecks",if you will.

29. KUSTOM 50

KUSTOM 50

Hud , I am truely happy to see someone who spelled it out so true. I am probably as redneck as they come and would rather hunt , fish and work 2 or 3 jobs to feed my son , as i am a single father, and build my car as I have the extra money. Which isnt often, thats why I have been working on the 63 for 3 years and the 50 is waiting its turn.

30. haney

haney
    from Knoxville

I find it interesting that due to a difference in definition between me and other member of this group, I am now somehow rich and elitist. I'm sorry guys, for the most part I have heard redneck and white trash in the same sentence as synonyms. That's just what it meant where I'm from, it obvious isn't a proper representation of the working class blue collar group that you guys are in. Like I said my father grew up working 3 jobs in high school so his family could feed his little brothers; he's the man I look up to most in my life and the person that I strive to be. If you all consider the description that I just gave of my father to be a hard working redneck, and you consider yourselves to be hard working rednecks, than I would like to shake each and every one of your hands personally I appreciate the working class man, my father has owned his own business for a few years now and I definitely understand how hard it can be to get by. I'm far from elitists, but I do hate white trash. That was what the original post was supposed to reflect. I'm sorry if I offended any of you and I have been educated due to the conversation that has gone on here.
    Thanks,
    Haney