Register now to get rid of these ads!

Running 6x2s?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DocWatson, Sep 15, 2008.

1. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ok, never run 6x2s before but thats whats going on my Nailhead now:(. I have some questions about the fuel setup..........
    Most all 6x2 set ups I have seen run a fuel log, I think there an ugly look.
    Can anyone see any problems running two 3 hole fuel blocks on the firewall, one feeding each bank?
    Anyone see any issues with this I cant? Provided I run a large enough fuel line, splitter and lines to each fuel block?
    With a fuel pump this should deliver a constant fuel pressure or would I also need to run pressure regulators?
    Please learn me......
    Thanks all.
    Doc.

2. Doc, Moon makes a six hole fuel block for the firewall. I am running one on my Deuce. Run one regulator up near the block that you can adjust. If I remember correctly, I am running a low volume adjustable regulator by Holley. If you run red fuel line, carry an extinguisher and change the lines often!
    D.

3. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

You'll need a pressure regulator regardless of the line setup. But that sounds fine.

4. Muttley

Muttley

It's part number MP1013, $43 bucks.

5. You can make your own six 2 bbl fuel block out of square or rectangular aluminum block.

Best done on a lathe, but if your drill press drills square and you get the workpiece squared up you can drill the long hole ok.
    Drill half the depth from each side and if it's off in the middle a little bit it doesn't hurt.

Drill and tap the flat sides for the carb fittings.
    Drill a couple of offset holes - top left, bottom right - for the mounting bolts (10-24 works well).

Use 3/8" fuel line to feed the block and 5/16" fuel line to feed each carb.
    If 3/8" is easier to get then use that.

You don't need a lot of carb line capacity when you figure that at wide open throttle each carb will only flow as 1/6 as much fuel due to the lesser air flow within each carb.

You do need to keep the fuel block well supplied though and 5/16" is plenty big enough here.

Six fuel lines coming down off one fuel block looks pretty darned impressive.

6. Terry O

Terry O

Depending on what carbs your using, 4.5# might be too much. 97's don't like more than 3# and 94's are similar.

Terry

7. Doc...how about Banjo fittings?

Attached Files:

8. strombergs97

strombergs97
    from California

I agree with Matt, the banjos are clean looking, not lots of fuel lines going everywhere..Matt has nice ones..I also think it's safer..
    Duane.

9. titus

titus

been runnin this for a few years.

it was a speed way 6x2 fuel log that i cut in half, was cheaper than buying 2!

jeff

Attached Files:

10. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks guys much apprreciated. The banjo set up is nice and clean but I love the look of the lines like Jeffs car has. C9s right, the 6 lines are impressive........ at least to me.
    Issue settled!

11. wwpete

wwpete
    from milwaukee

I was running 6 Holleys on my 401 race engine. Used AN fittings with braided line but the compression stuff works well. Too much fuel won't be a problem but too much pressure is. Do not go over 3 lbs.

12. Nice.

13. jpbanjo

jpbanjo
    Member Emeritus
    from Tulsa, Ok.

Here's a couple of shots of a 6X2 setup for my nailhead. It's not exactly what you are looking for but this setup uses a single fuel block or tube (actually hex Aluminum bar stock) down the center with six aluminum fuel lines coming off of it. I was going for the fuel injection look hence the Scott Tops on the six 97's. It's one of the cleaner solutions to running fuel to six carbs with out a whole lot of plumbing and lines hanging off the firewall although that can be a lot more visually interesting setup.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Dyno Bob

Dyno Bob
    from MO

4.5 pounds is correct run a10 to reg 8 to logs 6 to carbs run push lock on logs and band clamp on carb fit ting look far ace power valves 5.5 run a 020 blead off reg to tank use large filter on 1 0 line 94 holley

15. Doc, here is a pic of my setup. D.

[​IMG]

16. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Huh? Sorry but I need this explained to me.

17. marodder62

marodder62

Jeff,
    Are you running straight linkage or progressive? I just purchased a 6x2 Weind Drag Star intake with carbs and I've read that straight is prefered for a log manifold but progressive can be made to work.
    Jerry

18. 38pickup

38pickup

This is what I did for my 6x2 setup. Two fuel logs mounted to the back of the motor with hard line to each carb. Like others have said a regulator is a must. I like to keep rubber line to a minimum. I am running progressive just fine... Shoot I have gotten 21 mpg with my 6x2 setup. lol

[​IMG]

19. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

me too, I do not comprehend...

20. marodder62

marodder62

Will a mechanical fuel pump work or is it better to run an electric for a 6x2 setup?