Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hurricane IKE finds! Few photos of wet cars

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nowmds, Sep 15, 2008.

1. nowmds

nowmds
    from Owings, Md

Hi Guys, have been in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com[​IMG]<ST1:pGalveston </ST1:p</st1:City>for the last couple of days working and saw a few wet cool cars. All of the cars were completely sumerged for at least a few hours. The Mercury was inside a metal building and floated and was pushed thru the door. They banged the door closed before I took the picture. The 66 Corvette was in the same building but on the other end of the building. A guy told me it was up on its side when the water was high. There was a big Mardi Gra float and that pushed the Mercury through the door the guy told me.

2. RoadsterRod1930

RoadsterRod1930
    from NEPA

thats a sickening thought:(:(

3. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

sad,,,,,,,,,,,except for that last picture (just kidding)...
    i can't imagine what the owners of those cars must feel like,,,

4. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

Submergered in saltwater has to be the kiss of death.

5. GRADY

GRADY

even for a fiberglass car like that vette
    wow
    saddening

6. Eh, it can't be worse than driving through 10 winters of road salt. Thorough cleaning, new wiring, new interior, change the motor, trans, rearend out, it's still better than half the cars I could go out and get within a stones throw from my door.

7. Paul2748

Paul2748

If its salt water, kiss them good bye unless they strip them right away.

8. Sutton

Sutton
    from BTR

What a fucking lame response.

People have lost a lot due to mother nature lately, and all you can do, is compare it to what you have in the north? Don't fucking respond if you are going to say dumb shit like that, Geez. And yes, I understand, you won't understand.

9. 61TBird

61TBird

Are you an insurance agent??
    I don't think the owners would take kindly to you posting pics of their cars and opening them up to discussion.

10. 4tl8ford

4tl8ford
    from Erie, Pa

The Elements Mother Nature Throws win - Wind, Water, Fire.

11. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

Do you live in Galveston ?Are you down to help? Just wondering what you are doing after a hurricane ripped threw the area?

12. SlamCouver

SlamCouver
    from Brazil, IL

"Do you live in Galveston ?Are you down to help? Just wondering what you are doing after a hurricane ripped threw the area?"

Its called Carpet bagging...

13. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

If so should be shot .

14. autobilly

autobilly

That's some sad sheit, but only the tip of the iceburg I'm sure.

15. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Amazing how God works, all the old cars look saved and the new Vette a gonner. I hope everyone is going to be safe.

16. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

No, I think it's called working. He is a news photographer.

17. BigVinDaddyMac

BigVinDaddyMac

18. Just depressing...just another sad reminder of what these people are in for in the coming months...hope things get back to normal soon even though normal will never be the same...good luck to everybody

19. 4tl8ford

4tl8ford
    from Erie, Pa

Then the first statement stands.

I was a First Responder for 36 years, found it worked better to arrest the looters and shoot the media.
    You could always put the looters out workin' for you.
    The media picks their noses and ask's really dumb questions.

20. 4tl8ford

4tl8ford
    from Erie, Pa

I just got a PM from this Dickweed.
    Looks like I hit too close to Home about Shooting the Media, if you've been watching and TV coverage of these walking Bobbleheads you know what I'm talking about.

Oh and I forgot, You got no right what-so-ever to enter private property, so hopefully some local will pepper your ass too.

21. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

I agree w/4tl8,he is making money off someone else`s misery,or lose of everything including their life.

22. Topless Ford

Topless Ford

With any luck the owners will be able to get a fresh water washdown and pickle the motors and trannys. They can be saved fairly easily if steps are taken. Lets hope the owners realize this and save them right quick. Seawater dicks up electronics but as most classics are hardwired a solid cleaning would go a long way towards preservation.

23. PollockzRodz

PollockzRodz

Wow sad but not yet a total loss for the cars since they could be saved. Im more concerned about those people and the houses that are ripped apart than a couple of played out old cars!!

24. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

I have all kinds of people offering me work to go take pictures of the devastation saying its easy money that will keep me for the rest of the year ........I passed. I will set here work on the van, and look forward to shooting some texas rides in the near future. After seeing some of the pics from galveston I dont bitch about no water or power anymore either

25. NTAPHSE

NTAPHSE

You could have at least opened the doors and let them air out.

26. fifTsix

fifTsix
    from TEXAS

Much respect for you Acrochicken!

27. Actually, you don't seem to understand. My post refers to the one time saltwater flooding of a vehicle, not to the destruction and loss of homes, businesses, entire lifetimes of property, or injuries and loss of life. I don't know about you, but if something like that happened to me, I'd prefer to hear an optomistic point of view that maybe something I own is at least salvageable when it's all said and done, that everything is not a total loss. Apparently you'd rather be a fucktard... well, to each their own I guess.

28. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

We all make our own choices of where we live due to.. economics, family and simply the love of community and the land.
    To make a statement based on, "your choice and your cross", is narrowminded.
    Life is tough as it is. We all struggle everyday. To have something like that happen is horrible. There's absolutely no safe place that I know of on this planet. If you've never be in this dire situation be sure to say a prayer of thanks tonight.
    (Flame on??? how immature.....)

29. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

this is really sad to see, and than to read all this after the fact is even more disturbing.
    im thinking this thread will get closed..and rightfully so. But if not, maybe it will have a way of seperating the truely grateful from the piss ants of society.
    Hope all you folks down there make it thru this ok. Very sorry about your loss.

30. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

I can't believe what a judgemental thread this became. A lot of good talented people avoid this site because of the bullshit and drama. What became of this thread because people have to look down their noses at others on the internet is a shining example of it. THAT is a fucking shame.