Register now to get rid of these ads!

AC&R adapter

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fourbangerford, Sep 11, 2008.

1. fourbangerford

fourbangerford
    from east Tn

I bought an adapter to run model a pedals on a 39 transmission and it doesn't look like its gonna clear. It bolds on fine but the the arm on the trans that actuates the throwout bearing is almost strait up when the throwout bearing is not pushed. This causes clearance problems with the shaft comming off the adapter that the pedals slide onto. I've looked at a few pics of transmissions with this setup and it looks like that arm on them points straight back when its not engaged.
    Has anyone messed with this? Any suggestions? thanks

2. gashog

gashog

I messed with the ACR mount. Thought it would be cool to run the stock A pedals. I finally ditched it for a 32 setup. I couldn't get past the flex and the pedals floating with the engine and the MC being mounted to the frame. Are you using the ACR throw out bearing shaft? Did you put it in the tranny 180 degrees out?

Last edited: Sep 11, 2008
  3. fourbangerford

fourbangerford
    from east Tn

No all I am using is the Mount for the pedals and for the wishbone to mount on the trans.
    What is an MC? im kinda new at this.

4. gashog

gashog

Sorry, MC is short for "master cylinder."
    Depending how far along you are, you may just want to go back to buy the ACR throw out bearing shaft. It has the arm clocked to point down instead of up to match the Model A clutch pedal. I'd sell you mine but I already had the drivetrain installed when I decided to bag the ACR setup. Rather than pulling the engine/tranny apart so I could put replace the shaft, I whacked off the arm and redrilled the shaft to mount the V8 arm. Tough to do in place but still easier than swapping in the new shaft. I had to bum a right angle drill and had a buddy make up a fixture so I could drill the new hole through the shaft.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 11, 2008

5. fourbangerford

fourbangerford
    from east Tn

is there any way I could make the 39 shaft work? Or modify it?

6. fourbangerford

fourbangerford
    from east Tn

or would a model a shaft fit?

7. gashog

gashog

I don't think the Model A shaft will work. You could re-clock the arm on the 39 shaft the way I had to do the ACR shaft. Like I said, depending on if you already have the drivetrain together, it's pretty tough to modify in place, but it can be done.

8. gashog

gashog

Want to buy a spare ACR pedal mount cheap :)

Attached Files:

9. fourbangerford

fourbangerford
    from east Tn

ok. how does the arm come off the shaft? should I cut it off?

10. fourbangerford

fourbangerford
    from east Tn

ha no thanks. I wish I knew you had one before I put out the money for one.

11. gashog

gashog

There is a pin pressed through the arm that indexes/secures it to the shaft. Knock it out and tap the arm off the shaft.

12. fourbangerford

fourbangerford
    from east Tn

Ok thanks. I'll go down there and try that. I may have more questions soon though. haha :rolleyes: I'm workin on a real conservative av8.

13. gashog

gashog