Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods New Traditional show in WI!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cliffy, Sep 5, 2008.

1. Registration is now open. You can PayPal(there is a link on our main webpage) or call me at the shop with your credit card number (920)235-1020. Otherwise, print out this form and mail it to us. http://www.harrisonstreetmotors.com/Symco/files/RegistrationSymco.htm

Krooser and I are officially announcing a new...and hopefully the BEST traditional hot rod show coming Aug 2009 to Central Wisconsin.
    THIS IS NO LONGER A RUMOR. The Tentative dates are Aug 7, 8 and 9, 2009. Traditional hot rods and most things cool prior to 1964. Of course we will limit the amount of billet and uncool stuff. We are still working out the minor details of the contract but we have a handshake agreement with the Symco Union Thresheree in Symco, WI. This place will BLOW AWAY any other car show or car event location. We will have some good photos and probably a video within the next month. You can get some info on the location and photos from their website... http://symcoutc.com/indexa.php Go to the photos page and check out the incredible stuff they have there. I am sure some of you have been to one of their vintage tractor pulls, please let us know what you think of holding a car show here. It is the PERFECT place, isn't it?!?!?
    This will be less of a car show and more of a party with weekend camping, fun events for the whole family, music, vendors and lots of other entertainment....and beer of course! Admission and camping prices will be very reasonable. Sponsorship providing, it will be one of the least expensive shows out there. We will provide discounts for preregistration, watch for our website coming soon!
    There will be camping on the grounds for tents and small campers, directly along the Little Wolf River...bring your swimming suit and tube!!! When I mean along with river, I mean don't roll out of bed or you will get WET!! There will be absolutely NO NAKED TUBING. Some RV camping space also available.
    The plan is to open up Friday mid day, informal show and party Friday night with possibly a band or two. We will have the bar and possibly the dance hall open Friday night.
    Sat entertainment will be announced in the coming weeks, but for sure we will have a non-judged, no trophy show and entertainment all day and into the evening. The bar and dance hall will be open for all to enjoy. We may have a swap area open Sat, Sunday for sure.
    We are working with the Symco group to open up and operate their Blacksmith's shop and also run a few of their vintage steam engines, tractors and hopefully one of their Fairbank Morse engines(they have 6 of them!). This will be a huge treat. The photos they have on their site do not even touch the surface of how incredibly cool this place is. I can't believe nobody has had a car show here before, it is too cool for words.
    Sunday we would like to start off with some hamb and eggs. Swap meet and wind down from a long, fun-filled weekend.
    Krooser and I are looking for your input. We have yet to name this show and we want to make sure we plan it with what everyone wants. If you have any ideas or would like to be on the list to volunteers please send me a PM or email. We just got the thumbs up this morning, so we will be getting a web site and flyer put together prior to Hunnert. Watch for more info to come in the next few weeks!!!
    We are EXTREMELY excited about this. It will be a LOT of fun and much different than anything else in WI!!!

<iframe height="1042" allowTransparency="true" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" style="width:100%;border:none" src="http://mrosenow.wufoo.com/embed/z7x4m1/">Fill out my Wufoo form!</iframe>
    <small>Powered by Wufoo</small>

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  2. Cool looking place, looking forward to hearing more........count me in

3. 31whitey

31whitey

whoa...

I wonder how they get people to leave....

4. Ah yes, that place will do nicely! Can't wait to hear more info. Thanks guys.

Max

5. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

Cant wait Looks bad ass!!!

6. Gerg

Gerg

wow that is one hell of a spot to have it i can't wait!

7. badger

badger

I was thinking about it until I read the "no naked tubing" thing......ah screw it, I'll still go :p A good WI country road cruise would have to be in order!

8. ...Where is Symco, Wis?...for those of us to busy on the HAMB to dig out a map?
    Sounds good to me.

9. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Sounds cool. Pics look cool too. I hope it all works out for everyone. :)

10. Symco is west of Green Bay and just east of Iola.

Max

11. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

IOLA, :D I think I could it there with my eyes shut. Pretty country. This may become a "have to do" show.

Scott

12. rottenrod

rottenrod

awesome that is a cool place we have famliy reunions in symco every year not at the thresheree though

13. Hardy

Hardy

:cool:great spot, keep us informed:cool:

14. Iola Military show is the same weekend, we will be watching admissions closely so as we don't have any Sherman tanks sneak in the gates!

What about a name for our show? Anyone have any ideas???? I am sure Rick and I would provide a PILE of freebie stuff as well as possibly put your car on our show flyer if someone came up with an unbelieveable sweet ass name for our show.

15. Carguy365-24-7

Carguy365-24-7

How does the Symco thrash ,crash and bash sound? Ok it needs work.. Sounds like you guys have been working hard to make this happen ,let us know how we can help!PAUL

16. Ole Pork

Ole Pork

They asked for a name for the show. Not how Paul drives. Yeah, as Paul said, let us know if you need help....

17. blown41

blown41

How about using the K.I.S.S. rule and and just call it "SYMCO". We could really put this place on everyone's map! I'm marking my calender now!

18. Since we are talking about northern Wisconsin, how about Hot Rods & Hodags? :D Yes, I know that hardly anybody knows what a hodag is but that's all I could think of at the moment. :D By the way, a hodag is a mythical? monster that supposedly lives in the northern part of Wisconsin where Symco is located. :D

Max

19. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

if you ave any flyers [ i know its a long way out] send me a few and ill take them up to fond du lac next weekend to the PIG N PISTON show! :)

20. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

It does sound like a very cool event. A real weekend destination event not just a 9-5 car show that some are throwing together. What a novel idea. I'll see ya there.

21. Ruiner

Ruiner

Symco Shakedown...

22. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

the WI NOT!!!! lol...yeah, i should have never stopped drinking!!!! :)
    nothing cool rhymes with cheese either!!! dammit!!!

23. OshkoshRob

OshkoshRob
    from Oshkosh

How about "the Krasheree" or "The Low Down Ho Down". I don't know if I'd go being sooo far away but I guess I could show my support by popping in for a few minutes. LOL! Who am I kidding? I'm putting it on my calendar right now. You know Julie and I will help however we can. Are you sure about that nekkid tubing thing though?

24. I think we may have a winner!!! Rick and I both like this. We were maybe leaning towards Symco Hot Rod Review. I think Shakedown sounds much better. Hope you don't mind if we use it! I am sure there will be some freebies floating your way if we do!

[​IMG]
    Hey Kid! You ready for the Shakedown?
    www.symcoshakedown.com

Anyone come up with anything better?

25. blown41

blown41

It also applies to the shakedown run the first time you take your build out of the garage. Here's more from Webster:

<DT class=hwrd>Main Entry: <DD class=hwrd>shake·down [​IMG] <DT class=pron>Pronunciation: <DD class=pron>\&#712;sh&#257;k-&#716;dau&#775;n\ <DT class=func>Function: <DD class=func>noun <DT class=date>Date: <DD class=date>circa 1730 1: an improvised bed (as one made up on the floor)
    2: a boisterous dance
    3: an act or instance of shaking someone down; especially : extortion
    4: a thorough search
    5: a process or period of adjustment
    6: a testing under operating conditions of something new (as a ship) (or a hotrod) (I added that:cool:) for possible faults and defects and for familiarizing the operators with it.
    </DD>

26. blown41

blown41

I just found another meaning. I'm liking it more and more!!!

[​IMG]

27. evil clown

evil clown
    from Verona, WI

Sounds like a great weekend! I'm sure we'll be there too.

28. JRRoberts

JRRoberts
    from Madison WI

sounds like a good time, I am totally interested.

29. Ruiner

Ruiner

Go ahead and use it, I don't give a damn...and don't bother giving me anything, I got enough shit I don't need as it is...

30. Ruiner

Ruiner

Book the Rumblejetts and that'll be payment enough for me...