Register now to get rid of these ads!

who sold these? ford early draglink to tie rod end taper adapter balls....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dezaster, Sep 7, 2008.

1. dezaster

dezaster
    from u.k.

i saw these on here ages ago, but forgot to take down the details, and now i need a couple. i dont know if im not using the right wording, but the search throws up nothing.

it was an adapter that had the ball end on to fit into a normal ford draglink, the type then you then screw up the end cap and put a pin in, but it then had a standard ford tie rod end taped and threads, so you could fit the draglink type end to normal steering arms.

any idea who made them?

2. Rusty

Rusty

Macs sells these as well as any old original aftermarket dealer

3. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

These are standard early Ford parts. Original part number B-3311, spindle connecting rod bolt and drag link ball stud. Original equipment on all 32-34 Passenger cars and pickups. Also used as repair/replacemnt balls on Model As. Weld-in balls are also available for Model As which have a stud boss rather than the tapered threaded boss.

4. dezaster

dezaster
    from u.k.

thanks very much for the info guys, i didnt know they were an original ford part.
    i found them in the macs online catalogue, but one of the alliance vendors has also PMed me saying hes got them in stock so i think it may be problem solved :)

i jsut need to check if all year balls were the same size as the draglink im butchering for the ends is off a '53 F100, can anyone confirm if they are the same size ball? if not i will have to wait until i get down the workshop to measure up.

Cheers
    DEZ

5. PASTDUEBILL

PASTDUEBILL

I've got steering on my 32 that has the ball cast onto the steering arm. It has a ball/stud that bolts to the spindle. The drag link has a spring and threaded plug. Is that original 32? I see most traditional style cars with a tube drag link with later model ends. Is there an advantage to this setup other than adjustable length?

6. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Ball on pitman was a separate piece in 1932, forged as part of the arm '33-4.