Register now to get rid of these ads!

Problems with coker

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 32rustedinpiece, Sep 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 32rustedinpiece

32rustedinpiece

:mad: JUST CURIOUS IF ANYONE ELSE HAS HAD PROBLEMS WITH THE WAY COKER DOES BUSINESS? AT CHARLOTTE GOODGUYS LAST FALL, I PURCHASED 2 SETS OF WHEELS AND TIRES FROM COKER FOR ALMOST $2000.00. THE REASON I BOUGHT THEM AT THE SHOW WAS THEY WERE ON SPECIAL AND FREE SHIPPING. WELL WHEN I GOT MY CREDIT CARD STATEMENT IN THE MAIL THE NEXT MONTH, THEY BILLED ME FOR $212.00 EXTRA FOR SHIPPING! IVE CONTACTED THEM EVERY MONTH FOR THE LAST 10 MONTHS, AND THEY ALWAYS PROMISE THEY WILL FIX THE PROBLEM, AND TO NO AVAIL, I STILL GET CHARGED. IVE TALKED TO EVERY REPRESENTATIVE ON THE PHONE, I HAVE EVEN TALKED IN PERSON TWICE AT COLUMBUS AND LOUISVILLE SHOWS, AND THEY ALL PROMISE THE SAME THING, WE'LL TAKE CARE OF IT MONDAY, WHEN WE GET BACK FROM THE SHOW, BUT IN THE MEANTIME, I HAVE BEEN PAYING FINANCE CHARGES ON THE $212.00 FOR THE LAST 10 MONTHS! SORRY FOR RANTING , BUT JUST CURIOUS IF I AM THE ONLY ONE WITH THIS PROBLEM. THANKS

2. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

Did you, um, try talking to your credit card company? Maybe?

3. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

why you have to tell at us? (all caps is considered yelling)

4. Blu Bro

Blu Bro
    from Dixie

i purchased a set of tires , 2 of then required 14 oz of weights to balance them, shook my fillings loose, i'll never go there again.......

5. Nice to see 3 newbies bitching about em when several hundred Alliance Members have no issues.

6. Butch11443

Butch11443

I'm an Alliance member & Coker's will not go on any car of mine again!
    Butch

7. Thumper

Thumper

Corky is a member here. I know he will make things right if you contact him instead of mouthing off on the board. He is a straight up guy and handles his business the same way.

8. casper

casper

Coker is a great company, they will take care of any problems you have. Talk to Jess H. in Chatt. Tenn.

9. Age dont matter dude, 25 posts in a lil over a year, we have no clue if you know your shit or not. And I went back and looked at those posts...........didnt see an INTRO 1????

10. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

That is funny! Coker has been stand up with my family. No problems.

11. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

tmans so silly!

12. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Coker is "KING" end of story.

13. 41woodie

41woodie

Bought a set of www for my pickup, not a problem. Pitts try being a big boy and learn to express yourself like an adult.

14. VonMoldy

VonMoldy
    from UTARRGH!

So you think someone who works for Coker will read this on here and make your problem go away?

15. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

What happened to your first comment?.....Why did you delete it?

16. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

WE NEED AN AXE OVER HERE!!!!!
    man, this boards just gettin stupid with bullshit lately! ugg!

17. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

If you are going to make comment on this board, act your age and don't delete it. Us "old man's ball swimmers" don't like it.

18. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

...thank god for this post...my bowels were full of poo...

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  19. Vance

Vance
    from N/A

Is it Tech Week yet?

20. 23 bucket-t

23 bucket-t

Last I heard Coker is an HAMB Alliance Vendor and if you where an HAMB Alliance Member you would have gotten a Discount that would have nearly covered the shipping. Also was the the guy you bought your tires from a Coker dealer or was he just a middle man.........

21. Roadsters.com

Roadsters.com

can barely type due to severe dipshittiness

back later

can't move

drowning

(gulp)

22. seems strange that you have seen them in person and them knowing what was going on they didn't hand you $212 you were owed?

23. Vance

Vance
    from N/A

Also, if you were an Alliance member, you would have Ryan go to bat for you to help get this problem straightened out. But since you've been around for almost three years and haven't ponied up the $50, you'll miss out on that help.

Oh, and before you start bulling me about not being a member, I was. I made my big purchases and foolishly let it expire. I'll renew it soon enough. Prolly once I lose the low paying part-time job I have in favor of a better paying full-time gig.

24. 32rustedinpiece

32rustedinpiece

sorry to cause such a battle, i was just trying to get others input. The tires were bought right at the coker trailer in charlotte goodguys! No middle man! Also, their salesman at louisville couldnt access the computer records while at the show, so they said it would be handled the next monday when he got back to the office, and it wasnt and he wont return my phone calls. Im not expecting to get anything solved with coker by posting this, i was just wondering if this was common when dealing with them. Obviously there are mixed feelings towards the man and his company. I didnt mean to start a war. Thanks.

25. :D All bullshit aside, I bought a set of cheater slicks from them at the spring Petit Jean swap meet, in Arkansas, and couldn't be happier! Charged my credit card just as agreed.

26. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

The man has the right to bitch if he was wronged .And if I use his experance to help me with my purchases so be it.Who cares about how long you have been on this forum .

27. stillkruzn

stillkruzn
    from Conway, AR

Coker is at stand up company, and he will see this post and most likely reply and make things right... I have bought tires from them and they are always helpful...

28. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

Attn. Moderators- while it's understood that ONE person feels wronged here and it SHOULD be resolved- it it right to let the name of an ALLIANCE VENDOR and GOOD friend of the HAMB and its creator be drug through the mud with the additional posts? This is THE man who has put more traditional rod & custom owners on the "correct" tires than any other person on the planet. He answers questions personally whenever possible and generally seems to be a great car guy and businessman. Letting other known instigators "call him out" just seems very inappropriate.

29. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

i agree,,,,

30. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Fine line... If I don't let folks voice their opinion, I'm a cover.

That said, I call horse shit... Coker would fix this in a second with a simple phone call.

And Roadsters.com, I can't believe you would post that link. Makes you look like you are affiliated with that ass hat of a person. I've deleted it... Don't go there again.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.