Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects You asked for it you got it.Specs and pics for 47 stude build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wrencher, Sep 5, 2008.

1. wrencher

wrencher

Now go easy on me. It has a 47 stude cab chopped 5.5 inches( my very first chop job ) the bed is a ford I lengthend it 4 inches as well as added 4 inches to the width. Im using a back half out of a s-10 and a 68 camro 10 bolt with 273 gears. I built the front half of the frame from 2x3 box tubing. It has a 37 ford front axle with a quarter eillptic spring degsin I came up with. I am using a 68 chevelle gear box turned on its side for side steer. Stock bottm end smallblock chevy with a mild cam and a 2x2 carb setup on a older style quadrajet intake. I am running a powerglide trans built by my dad from YATES RACING AND SPEED SHOP. Using a s-10 seat that I had cut to fit. The wheels are stock s-10 space savers that are 16x4s. Running 7.50s out back and 6.50 up front for tires. The head lights are unknown I just throught they looked cool. Using a 47 m stude grill turned upside down and a 52 stude radiator. Like I said this has been my first ground up build and I dont have access to alot of the tooling that it reqires to do this kind of work I did all of this by my self and in my own garage with a 110 welder and had tooling.

Attached Files:

2. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

9 posts and you got info requests on your build by popular demand? Go you!

3. fords4ever

fords4ever
    from missouri

nice first build wrencher. Gonna be at mo-kan next year?

4. wrencher

wrencher

You bet Its the best thing I have ever been to.

5. 46stude

46stude

Theres a huge amount of talent tied up in that first build! Congrats for taking a pile of parts & an old cab & building a real hot rod out of it. Looks cool.

6. ...what year did those wheels come from, are they 5 on 4 &3/4 bilt pattern?

7. wrencher

wrencher

Hey thanks 46 stude. rusty1 the wheels are 99 2000 s-10 blazer and truck 5 on 4 3/4.