Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Keith Black- History? Info?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dreddybear, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

I KNOW we have all heard about him. He was, from my understanding, an engine master. Does anyone have any information on the man? History? I'm curious as hell. I just read in TRJ about him building an engine for Tony Nancy, and it piqued my interest..

2. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

3. Roadsters.com

Roadsters.com

4. Some entertaining stuff about Keith can be found in the book High Performance, by Robert Post...you can usually get it through your local library, if not the usual sources. Well worth the read...it covers drag racing from 1950-1990, from a technological progress point-of-view. Sounds boring, but isn't. Chassis Research, Garlits, Swingle, Ivo, and a cast of hundreds more. ;) I've read it at least four times, learn something new each time.

5. speedtool

speedtool
    BANNED

When I was in high school I wanted to grow up to be Keith Black.

6. FloridaJoe

FloridaJoe

Ha-ha...I can't say that I was that extreme, but I would always stare and drool at the Keith Black Hemis in the magazines and then picture them in every car imaginable: Willys, Vegas, my mom's van.....

7. Randy Bradford

Randy Bradford

I had the good fortune to work for Keith in the early 70's as a crankshaft grinder. Keith was the real thing a gentleman and innovator. To bad he died so early.

Randy Bradford
    www.bradfordsfiat.com