Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration hot rodder in the making..I am a new daddy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tub in da dirt, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Jacob Thomas Kelley
    9lbs 2oz 21 1/4 long
    born on 9-3-08 10:29 am
    first child and first Kelley boy in 30 years
    i can't wait to get him a set of tools
    tk

2. congratulations...now the fun begins...I really can't remember much before we had our twin boys 7 1/2 years ago on valentines day (sleep deprivation?) and then my daughter now 3 1/2 has me wrapped around her finger...put seatbelts in your hotrods and make em safer 'cause it's great taking them with you once they get old enough.

3. dmac620

dmac620

Congrats! My wife and I are expecting our first at the end of November. Hope the Mom and the little boy are doing well.

4. Abomination

Abomination

I have 3 1/2-old twin girls! :D

And yes, they actually help!

~Jason

5. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

coolness. Send some happy thoughts from us in Boston to you and your family. It only gets better from here :)

6. Jaker

Jaker

Congrats dude!!

and GREAT name!

7. dannyego

dannyego

Congrats! Here is your first tip. Dont let your 2 year old sit in your old car and pretend to drive. Especially if it doesnt need a key to fire it up! Good thing I got over there before he got it in gear, believe me he was trying. Nothing is more gratifying than having your kid ask you to help work on the car.

8. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

Congrats! Best thing in my life.

Four things to remember for the future:
    1) If you find yourself losing an argument with a 3 year old, you're doing something wrong and it's NOT the kid's fault.
    2) Kids understand "The Rules" a whole lot better than they understand "Because I said so" or "Just because." Example: Why do I hafta do that? Answer: Because, buddy, those are the rules. You gotta follow the rules. Nobody likes it, but that's the way it is.
    3) Some things are important to kids--wanting to do something, wanting to see something, whatever, the same way some things are important to you. Just because YOU don't think what they want is important doesn't make it unimportant.
    4) You'll avoid a TON of drama and fits if you give your kid 30-seconds warning that the fun is about to be over. "Okay, one more time down the slide, and then we gotta go." "One more toss of the ball, then we gotta go." Don't ever just pull the plug on fun.
    It's like this...remember the last time you banged a girl and then a week later she was breaking up with you? "Well damn, if I'd have known the last time was going to be THE LAST TIME, I'd have..." Same thing, but on a smaller scale.

That kind of thinking got us through the first 12 years without a hitch.
    He's 13 now...Playtime's over, I don't care if you want a cell phone, and we gotta go because I said so! That's why!

-Brad

9. zacanger

zacanger

Congrats! Raising a kid is a blast (I've got a little bro, he was born when I was 14, and I've been there every step of the way).