Register now to get rid of these ads!

Old Macs

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by Chili Phil, Aug 24, 2008.

1. My antique G3 mac won't post pics on the HAMB. I know it's an oldie, but it has always worked before. Problem with my 'puter or with the new, improved HAMB?

2. CLSSY56

CLSSY56

I bet it the HAMB's last upgrade isn't compatible with your web browser. Which are you using?

3. I'm using Internet Exploder. My old steam powered MAC is the culprit, I'm pretty sure. It works on my PC. But most of my fun software is MAC... Oh well...

4. Mr. Creosote

Mr. Creosote

5. CLSSY56

CLSSY56

IE hasn't been made for Macs in years, I would bet that is it.

6. Nice pic of an old Mac. Looks like it runs about as well as mine.

7. zacanger

zacanger

8. squirrel

squirrel

A G3 is not an old mac.....at least not judging by my collection of old macs.

(and I did finally figure out how to fix an old mac, but you gotta watch all the way to the end)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hngnMA8NcNo

9. My Mac runs on 9.1 OS. I'm sure that's the problem. I guess I need to borrow a 'dozer...

10. CLSSY56

CLSSY56

HAHAHA I haven't seen a Mac Classic in many years!

11. eye bone

eye bone

I have the same problem on my G4 running system 9.2… I think it has something to do with the latest version of "Flash"… and you can't upgrade unless you are running some form of system 10… and you can't run that unless you can upgrade the memory to handel it!
    mumble, mumble, mumble…

12. zacanger

zacanger

I haven't noticed any Macromedia use around this forum, really, except with embeded videos. More likely it's a java problem. Unforunately, apple RAM is hard to find used, and fairly costly new -- and osx is pretty hard to crack :-\. that's the main reason i stick with PCs -- macs are just too expensive to work on anymore.

13. eye bone

eye bone

Ya you're probably correct that makes more sense.

But when there is a will there is a way. If you whant to post an image on the H.A.M.B even w/our ol' jallopy Mac's it can be done!

1rst, after you prep ("Optimize") your image, you need a place to upload it on the internet. I have a web site I upload it to that, I noticed allot of folks upload to Photo Bucket or something like that. 2cond So now the image is on the internet, So now you need the programming language code to get the H.A.M.B. to link to it. On what ever thread you're on. Go to tha advaced mode, or do a quote. Then start typing whatever and were you want to link to your picture type this first [​IMG]

Well maybe I'll just do it and you can click on "quote" and see what I typed to make it work.
    [​IMG]

here goes…

Last edited: Oct 13, 2008