Register now to get rid of these ads!

The 2008 H.A.M.B. Drag Nationals

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Aug 26, 2008.

1. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

I'm gonna get a shirt made that says "I drove 600 miles Just to play with Buzzards Rear end and D.W.'s huffer hole"

2. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

its like a time machine!!few of us got to see these cars run back when they where the norm.thank you!

3. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

I know I've posted my thanks on other threads but it can't be said enough.

Thanks Ryan and Marcie and all the behind the scenes people who work thier collective asses off to make this thing happen.

One of these years I'm gonna meet you Ryan, I have had the pleasure of meeting Marcie and you have a sweet gal there. Always smilin'.

Of course several folks told me that I had already met the only half worth meeting but I like to make up my own mind. lol

This makes #5 for us and it is a must for the Gordons. We brought a few extra folks and another racer this year as well.

Thanks!!!!

GV

4. DuckusCrapus

DuckusCrapus

I too would like to say thanks again. The HAMB Drag Nats are tops! Nothing else is close to it.

Thanks Ryan & Crew!

DuckusCrapus

5. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Darn, like rubbing salt into the wounds. :(
    I got to make it out next year.

6. LoBrow

LoBrow
    from MI

Man...I had an awesome time. It was good to meet you in person...thanks a lot for all that you do, Ryan. I met a few others too... Vaphead and his crew are crazy.....

7. It was a great weekend. Thanks to all that had anything to do with it. It was my first HAMB Drags and I'm already planning the trip in 09. As GV Gordon pointed out ...it can't be said enough ....THANKS!!!

8. Goztrider

Goztrider
    from Tulsa, OK

This was our first HAMB Drags, and it most definitely won't be our last! We look forward to doing again, but healthier!

Thanks again Ryan and crew for making it all happen. Was great meeting you Ryan, and we look forward to seeing you all down the road.

9. Had a BLAST!! Still wen't home with broke crap but could'nt have had more fun anywhere else in the world!!
    Thanks for the best "PARTICIPANT EVENT IN HOT RODDING"

Well worth the $600 worth of fuel,30 hour round trip, the even divorce I will be getting when she finds out I brought it home broke and in need of more money for fixing!!!

SHHHH!! I rolled it in the garage while she was out shopping with the $50 I had left over from the drags!!!!

Last edited: Aug 26, 2008
  10. Yep, each year I think it can't be topped, it is. A huge thanks to Ryan, Marcie, Carl and all the others!!! Now we have a year to build and tinker for the next one. Get busy folks!

11. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

Well done in every way!

12. Dirty2

Dirty2

The BEST ever. And next year will more than likely pass this one . Thanks Ryan, Marcy, Bob K, and every one else that helps out ! And cant forget Vicki and Ken for the birthday party for Danyelle !

13. stan292

stan292

Ryan-

Thanks for mentioning me in connection with this year's Silent Auction, but the truth is that I had virtually nothing to do with it. 100% of the credit goes to Bill "Blacktopbuddha" Oweiki (not the correct spelling, I'm sure).

As mentioned elsewhere, I realized last year, that for a number of personal reasons it was time to "pass the torch" to someone with more youth and energy. I'm confident Bill was the perfect choice. As I'm sure you know, even something like the Auction requires lots of preliminary work - and plenty of on-site sweat. Bill had to balance all that with family and school responsibilities - and obviously did a great job.

BTW - Bill filled me in on the "good cause" plan you and he talked about for this year's proceeds. I think it's the perfect way to carry the Auction into its second 5 years. Thanks for your interest and support in the event - and for all your very hard work making the HAMB Drags happen.

14. jangleguy

jangleguy

Thanks to everyone involved. Still my favorite event, period. While everyone was there, I was here, starting my latest race car project. Of course, the plan is to have it at Mokan in '09.
    Scotty

15. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

I enjoyed the cake too, thank you. Danyelle made Monkey find me and bring me a piece of cake. Very cute.

Also Ryan, it was great to meet you. Thanks for taking the time to come over and look at the digger and BS a couple of minutes.

Like Breeder said the best part is seeing people you talk to all year on the HAMB. See you next year.

16. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Is it time to go back to Joplin yet? I'm jonesing already...

17. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

meee tooo zman!!!! me too!

18. zapp69

zapp69

Cant thank you enough for a great event.....dean out

19. warpigg

warpigg
    from gypsy

we've all come a long way since then.

sorry i had to miss this year's fun.