Register now to get rid of these ads!

Speedway Motors,....LOUSY customer service!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CoalTownKid, Aug 27, 2008.

1. John Denich

John Denich

Perfectly said Frank!

2. 31whitey

31whitey

^^^^^^^^^^what these two said^^^^^^^^

3. pushrod_mike

pushrod_mike
    from Austin TX

I love Speedway Motors and I use them for everything and never had a problem they wouldn't fix.

4. sota

sota

Fab32, couldn't have said it any better!!!

5. 55RAT

55RAT

Never had a problem with Speedway.Bought a bunch of stuff from them over the years and will continue to.I agree its the nature of the business beast,there are bound to be mistakes made by any vendor....just my 2 cents

6. i cant believe anyones asked ..
    how many times did you call the dude a douche?
    how many times did you comment on his gayness?
    how many times did you you call him an incompitant moron?

i wonder who got the two rights? and what his or hers resolution was..

7. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Yeah, umm that really sucks to be held up on your project because of someone else's screwup, doesn't it!;) We know all about that, don't we...:rolleyes:

They fixed your problem, they ate the shipping and fixed problems I've had with them in the past (even when it was questionably my fault by ordering the wrong part. A heavy, large part too!) hmm... Lousy service?

BTW, where's that f1 wheel?:confused::p

8. falfas55

falfas55

I used to sell their stuff when i had my speed shop.I never had a problem with them or their service.Sorry you had a bad experience.Maybe you want to hit more swap meets.

9. Crankhole

Crankhole

I once ordered a Smithy's muffler from Speedway and they sent me the wrong length. When I called and told them of the problem they said to keep it and then sent the correct one out right away. Another time I ordered a $20 air cleaner and they accidently shipped it with a $230 Flamethrower distributor for a sbc. They told me to keep that too. I'll gladly give them my business again.

10. sololobo

sololobo

It's hard to see our home boys Speedway bashed!! Fab 32 says it all and Malcolm's comments about mentioning the Alliance membership when ordering would go a long ways. This great company has been very H.A.M.B. friendly and has gone way out of thier way to give traveling H.A.M.Ber's special museum tours and fab hospitality. Maybe we should all e-mail them with a request to become an Alliance vendor, they are smart business folks and would probably take notice of the interest. Coal Town Kid is a good guy, who in my opinion aired his problem a bit harsh. I am sure all the support for Speedway shown here sets the issue straight. P.S. Speedy Bill even came out himself to give Denise and friends a private museum tour, a gentleman in his 70's who is still active with the business, what a class act.--Friend of Speedway--Sololobo

11. Ole Pork

Ole Pork

Ditto............The world is full of whiners today. fab32 hit the nail on the head. You got a few "poor baby's" out of it, so let it die. Long live Speedy Bill..........

12. RETROD

RETROD

I for one have had good success with Speedway Motors. On one occasion, I had ordered a tool (namely a Flathead valve spring tool) and when the package arrived it felt a little too light. On closer inspection, there was a gaping hole in the end of the box where the tool had apparently exited. I called Speedway customer service and without any question, shipped a replacement. Good luck to all.
    Mark aka RETROD:cool:

13. CoalTownKid

CoalTownKid

Guys, the fact is, its clearly a drop in the bucket,....yeah I know this, its obvious.

The point was to give a heads up, even though I could have worded things better. Whether anyone believes me, I could care less. People will always assume the worst, though it does still amaze me how much of it goes on here, I always think more of people than they prove of themselves, regardless.

I see mounds of people post over and ovr bashing me, the guy who got treated like crap untill I finally got someone who took their job seriously to lend a hand... somehow, someway those here that posted felt that I needed to be bitched at? amazing....

I wonder how many of you realize how worthless all of that posting has been? Anyone can jump on the bandwagon with everyone else and get in the mix of things, and that's just what's happened here with many of you. I have talked with many of you in the past, and before this, those I can think of have seemed like decnt people,....now you show me one of two things. Either your true colors, or a simple jumping of the gun...maybe a little of both? Its not important.

What did it achieve to come back at me, when, (though ill-worded my initial post might have been made), you fail to see that with us all in the same place, we probably would not have differed much in our initial responses?
    I've seen tons of rants over the years about lesser things,...and even more time spent and wasted to high heaven on people bashing each other in between it all? I've never been able to comrehend the "why" and "how" when I see so many arguments and bashing of people here. Rodder bashing rodder.
    Did I wrong you? Did you wrong me? No,....but these things progress just the same in their twisted senseless fashion.

Every one of us here, needs to stick by each other, not tear each other apart! One of these days it might just be me riding by you when you're shit out of luck and need a part in the middle of nowhere,...I'll stop, but that's me....will you? Some of you probably wouldn't, some of you certainly would.

With things not getting easier for hot rodding or rodders around the country, how is it we bash each other so easily, so happy to add our little "two cents"?? We are so horribly quick to tell others that they need not be so quick to judge or that they need to get a life, and we forget our own simple faults, that we've done many of the same things that we prosecute others for, ourselves.

Our hard-earned cash is valuable to everyone of us, and yes, we sometimes get a bit overwhelmed by what we initially see as a big pain the the ass. I did, and I'll probably do it again. Can every one of you that posted honestly tell me that you have never found yourself getting caught up in the moment, getting pissed at similar situations then looking back and saying, "that could have been worse,..no big deal"??

If so then there are some real saints among us!

Last edited: Aug 29, 2008
  14. storm king

storm king

I don't see it as being lousy customer service if it was resolved in a timely manner, which it sounds like it was.

15. liljgoneman

liljgoneman
    BANNED

what did it achieve?... well, you tell us. probably the same thing your original post achieved in your eyes.... it's all very.....very sad.

16. gaschevy

gaschevy
    BANNED

The I want it now crowd will always complain about a mistake. I use Speedway all the time and they always come through quickly and with quality parts. Stop whining!

17. ShakeyPuddin55

ShakeyPuddin55

Too long, didn't read.

18. HellRaiser

HellRaiser
    from Podunk, NE

HMMMM... I've read there are over 106 replys to this post, and quite a few more have read about the posts. Most everyone has come to the defense of Speedway's customer service. And that's in response to CoalTownkKd's initial post about his experince dealing with customer service.

One thing that comes to my mind here is, at least the conversations could be made between two people speaking English, instead of trying to converse with someone in Bangldeshese, Pakistaneese, or Philippinesese.

Another that comes to mind, and that has to do with the time it takes to have something shipped. Isn't building a project, sort of like playing chess? That being, a person has to think three or four moves in advance....If you need the part yesterday, then in my opinion, that's not thinking ahead about what's needed. This is why, many of us, spend sometimes years on acquiring all of the parts we need for our project.

Another part of the original post had to do with the timeliness of the shipping. Hmmm.... I find it hard to order something at 4:30 in the afternoon, and the delivery truck has all ready come and gone at 4:00. I don't believe it is up to the "customer" to dictate to the vendor on the method of delivery. Right here would be the start of mis-communications, if the "customer" did not even inquire the method of shipping, or asking in the first place if there was an alternative.

"The Customer is Always Right". HMMMM...not necessarly so. Would a person go to a Dr. and say Dr. I need my Gall stones removed, when in fact it's only a pimple on his butt that's causing the problem?

Was this thread originally about one person's bad experince? To be sure, yes it was. But I do believe it would be wrong to expect others insist on instant gratification, and that the business is only in businesss to fulfill our needs. Contrary, the business is there to fulfill our needs.

Most all upstanding businesses want their "Customers" to be happy and contented with their purchases. In this particular case, from what I have read, Speedway Motors did rectify the problem with the customer. Therefore I have a somewhat difficult time comprehending that Speedway did not rectify a perceived wrong. Am I wrong?

Therefore, I believe the rant is justified more about a person in this case, rather than the business as a whole.

Just an amrchair observation.....

Hellraiser

P.S. I wished all people liked me, but I guess that's not going to happen is it?:rolleyes:

19. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Glad I checked in on this thread again. I need to bring you guys up to date. Since my post CoalTown Kid has blessed me with a PM. I'll just hit the highlights as I'm sure a lot of you have better things to do. So here is the short list:

1. I need to grow up (only required to grow old)
    2. I'm a spineless punk (being 64 years old can I be a punk?)
    3. I have a lousy/pathetic attitude
    4. I'm self indulgent (can't figure that one, but that's me)
    5. I need to get a life (and to think I was /am happy with the one I have)
    6. I look like an ass (he must have seen a picture of me somewhere:rolleyes:)

After all of that he shifts gears and backpedals just like he did on this thread trying to "explain" himself. The guy has "issues" (disclaimer: my opinion) aside from needing a spelling lesson.
    Thanks to all who agreed with me, there obviously is a lot of spineless
    punks here with pathetic attitudes that need to get a life and stop looking like asses. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE:eek::)

Frank

20. scarylarry

scarylarry

fab, this is the same guy that was on another board saying there were only four cool cars at the Jalopy Showdown (his buddies...the only ones that really get traditional hot rods on the east coast) and noted the show COULD be good with the right corrections. It seems nothing much really works for him.

21. Big busy places who have to hire out of the US genepool sometimes make mistakes.

They corrected the mistake and apparently you didn't even have to send back the wrong part, which I would have done no problem as long as they sent me a call tag for it...

You ran into a guy in the process who was having a bad day.. okay that sucks, but shit happens.

I can kinda see their side, too, with a liberal return/exhcnage policy you get guys scamming free shit out of you all the time. If you have to argue through to a second guy, you're probably really unhappy and really did get the wrong thing, not trying to scam them.

But what do I know. If you don't like Speedway, order from Moon... or buy some wheels from Stockton Wheel...

22. streetfreakmustang

streetfreakmustang
    BANNED
    from Ohio

I would like to hear Dennis side of the story. The original poster made him out as the bad guy in this whole deal. I fid it extremely difficult to fathom a busines (even from an employee) would say "you received two left's-that's your problem..."

Something happened here we don't know about.

23. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Larry, It's nice to have company. I, however, only have to clean up my act and restructure my entire life while you, on the other hand, have one of the east coasts premier events to totally change to meet his (and his buddy's) expectations.
    I wouldn't want to be in your shoes (no, I haven't seen a picture of your shoes), I've never been one to go around trying to please everyone. So...............how about this. Leave everything just like you have it and let them start their own rendition of the "perfect" hot rod event and then they can only allow their close circle of friends in. Sounds like a win/win to me, and you can just continue (along with a few hundred others) thinking you've got a good thing goin with your event and they can spend the weekend patting themselves on the back for being so "correct". Although your going to have to tighten the budget a little with your attendance being down without them.:rolleyes::D

Frank

24. streetfreakmustang

streetfreakmustang
    BANNED
    from Ohio

A close rodding buddy's wife had a major stroke and then he went blind-all within a few years. He had to sell his flathead '36 Ford 3 window coupe that he has owned since 1959 and now he is on gov't assitance at age 63.

I can see him shaking his head in disgust over somone complaining that their part came in 1 day late.

Such trivial problems we complain about.

25. liljgoneman

liljgoneman
    BANNED

well frank, now we see what dennis was dealin with that day don't we?.....the slightest difference of opinion and immediately YOU become the bad guy. you got alotta damn gall frank:D

26. Garry Carter

Garry Carter

Just want to say -- as have a number of others -- that I've consistently gotten great service from Speedway. My stuff is consistently shipped the same day it's ordered and typically arrives a day earlier than predicted by UPS Ground or whomever.

I also do most of my ordering on line, after having gone thru my copy of the catalog and all info available at the website. It's generally pretty good and descriptive enough, with pix, that I can make an informed decision. So ... I guess I'm sayin' don't give up on them just yet. Isolated instances of poor customer service occur in every business.

In your case, I understand the frustration. After all ... you talked to someone who was supposed to be knowledgeable and the definition of "pair" is universally understood. Hope you're feeling a little better by now. Me?? I need to rant a little first...

27. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

I'm a speedway dealer and have had nothing but an amazing experience with them. They have, BY FAR the best costomer service around.

28. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

Speedway has been good to me .I have used them and will keep using them.

29. purdysd

purdysd

I have to add my two cents... I've probably purchased over $20,000 in parts from Speedway in the last five years, and I find them to have the best product for the money, the quickest shipping, and an excellent return (no questions asked) policy. I'm sure this is "just one of those cases" where things didn't work out.

30. I have dealt with Speedway many times. No problems, always shipped the right thing and even helped me get the right parts after I had my mind made up wrong.

Bill