Register now to get rid of these ads!

Poor Boys Banned in Sacramento - Rant

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BruceVE, Sep 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. braineater

braineater
    from sacramento

so being an attendee......the poor boys had guys walking around telling us we cant do burn outs. then while riding wheelies on mini bikes around the parking lot we were told not to do that....by the police.
    i really dont think that it has anything to do with the "west coast thugabillies" let me sum it up for you. a bunch of guys who cut up our cars for fun, we drink beer, we do things to impress what ever female that has the biggest pair of tits around....what the fuck do you think is gonna happen? get drunker at the fucking after party! the motel parking lot was the after party. there were bands playing.....a fucking beer garden put there by the fucking motel!! ok shitting in public a little far. but trust me i, like everyone esle on here when they were under 40 years old, have thrown things while being drunk. again when you promote "5th year...5th location" on the flyer plus after party in the motels parking lot after the show........wake up.

bruce, when you buy a vw to destory for fun at the first show what kind of precedent does that set?

but i will be there next year cuz getting drunk and doing things my mother told me not to do is a whole lot of fun!!

2. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

"have thrown things while being drunk."

Ahhh....I think you just solved your own problem. Do you think there is a word in that phrase that maybe is the common denominator to the problems of the past 5 years. "5th year...5th location"

3. Daddyfink

Daddyfink

I think I have finally burned out on this bullshit bravado that some fucker who sold his Honda and paid way the fuck to much for some rusted piece of shit heap suddenly decides he is James Dean and a fucking pitbull at the same time, then they get the fucking ink and they are officially bad ass! Now they shit in public? What is next, oatmeal enemas on stage?

The second show down at Barona Dragstrip almost became the last one after some dipshit started throwing beer bottles on the race track!

Your show, your deal! Deal with it.

4. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Sounds kind of sad, pathetic and just dumb. Glad I missed that one. Doesn't sound like the kind of event I want to attend when it comes to hanging around with cool cars and people. Maybe I am just lame and don't know how to have fun. But, damn, that sounds like a bunch of dumbasses out of control with no respect for anything or anybody around them.

5. 61TBird

61TBird

I attended this years show and had a great time.
    At the car show...

It does sound like the Poor Boys now have an unwelcome and undeserved reputation in the Sac area and now all of us that wish to attend next years show are going to pay the price.
    Either with a scaled back show or no show at all.

I agree with the previous posts about the "thugabilly" crowd becoming more prevalent at the shows.
    Short of confining them to a fenced-in area where they can drink themselves into a stupor/duke it out/tear stuff up,I think the idea of NO after party is a great one.
    As soon as the car show is over,everyone is "on their own".

I was amazed with the crowd at the hotel after party.
    Quite a few were walking around with a 12 pack under their arm and already had a "heat" on.
    I'm not anti-alcohol,just there's a time and a place and this wasn't one of them
    I saw 2 Police officers and 3 Security Guards for the size of the crowd that was there. There may have been more,I can't say,that's all I saw.
    I did comment to my buddy that with the band and all the people partying around the hotel that I was amazed there wasn't more of a Police presence and it won't be long before we're all kicked out.
    Unfortunately,the Sac P.D. may now have it in for ANYONE attending next years show(IF there is one).

Hopefully any major problems can be resolved ahead of ANY future shows.

So thanks a lot to the few that ruined a great show.
    I hope your "thugabilly cred" is still intact.

6. THANK YOU!! lets get back to the hot rods and customs... please...

7. T-Bone

T-Bone

Translation: "We're a bunch of drunken illiterate retards, you can't blame us. Its your fault."

What a bunch of shit.

8. Parts48

Parts48
    from Tucson, Az
    1. Hot Rod Veterans

I have organized rides to Vegas..Laughlin..Tombstone....other venues. We have upwards of 200 Bikes coming in from several states. I rent out the large banquet rooms..we charge about $40 a person for open bar. Beer..Hard Liquor..some light foods. Even with 300 bikers..we have never NOT been invited back.
    We self police the assholes..but frankly I don't think we have had more than one small problem in 6 years.
    I organize the room reservations..guarentee the cleanup..tip the security people who watch the bikes. We drink..we party..we have a great time..

And never a turd anywhere..

Different culture. Bikers have been looked at as sterotypes of major problems..which really hurt our events. The party we have is pure kick ass..but we respect the locals..tip the hotel folks..treat the property well..and GET INVITED BACK.

The last several years the hotels opened the back doors to the banquet rooms so we could bring our own liquor..
    Being a ignorant asshole..fucks up the party..

We like to party..

My group makes sure we don't have problems..and damage IF it would occur..we make real claer we will make it right..

Then..we will deal with the asshole directly..

Smaller group..only 300..but gotta keep the pricks from wasting your party..there ain't enough fun in life to lose..

9. braineater

braineater
    from sacramento

whats funny about this whole thing, guys claiming its cuz of the thugabillies...but turn around say to go and handle them....what the fuck! really? and what gets me the most, all the shit talking by the older crowd on here. i guess you all were perfect angels when you were young. didnt act like a rebel in any way. but part of the fun in the cars we drive and build is they have a lot of power and make a lot of noise. so do burnouts and drive fast i get it that people fucked up the motel....damn that blows. but dont preach that you would never do anything to hurt the grass or the concrete...if thats the case.. sell your check book hot rod and drive your escillade with the fucking greatful dead sticker on it.
    but....yes the the gay ass "rockabilly scene kids" are retarded. thier mothers should have died while giving birth!
    and like was previously said lets get back to our hot rods and customs..if you have one

10. braineater

braineater
    from sacramento

all i am trying to say is when you promote anarchy you'll get anarchy. look at the flyer for one. then look at the history of the show.

11. Bondoboy

Bondoboy

well id be pissed. Change your name!

12. Ok call me old fashioned but don't hotels require presentation of a major credit card + an ID to rent a room? Uh maybe the credit card holders should be paying for repairs and possibly dealing with criminal charges from the hotel for vandalism? Just a thought.

Really sucks the event got screwwed up for all by a few. But we have enough here in California so probably not a tremendous loss in all reality, especially with the element that was attracted.

13. Mr Braineater, I do not know how old you are, but I am assuming you are the younger end of your years.

Nobody has specified what age group did the damage. It may have been geriatric folks taking an unforseen turd on the ground. But doubtful, if they have their wits about them.
    But to go to an event just to raise hell is not smart. You all can do that on your back road, on the top of the hill, in whatever town you live in.

Back in the 70's, cops wrote you a ticket for DUI, now they damn near own your ass for it, plus 15,000 + bucks in fines, jail, etc.

We aren't in the 50's, or 60's, so things change, and this rebel and lawless attitude must as well. Days of drunken free-for-alls are long gone.

I'm not as old as some guys here, but if anyone was getting out of hand at any event like what occurred at the Poor Boys "after party"
    that person would be wearing his ass for a hat.

Don't get me wrong, I like to drink, but I can always maintain a degree of class in public, and at home.

14. srosa707

srosa707
    from Sacramento

SHITTING on the lawn at car show afterpartys is the new FLAT BLACK!! HAHAHAHA!!!

If you dont drive your hot rod to a car show cause its in the garage being built, your not allowed to save gas and drive your daily Honda Civic? What vehicles are allowed to be in the parking lot at shows? Maybe ill drive my 95 Chevy truck and waste gas money!

Shitty hearing about the shit the poorboys have to deal with. Its bullshit people uin things for others.

15. 57f100

57f100

Sorry it is you guys who have to deal with all of the bullshit. I hope you do have a show next year it's a lot of fun. I was a little disgusted with the amount of Kulture at the show this year, but still had a good time.

16. actionrog

actionrog

I was not at this show or party, but when people automatically accuse tattooed people it kind of pisses me off. I know there are allot of these assholes walking around with tattoos. Although having allot of "fucking ink" does not make a person act like these offenders. When it's put like that it's the same as saying ALL of the hot rod people are to blame.
    My tattoos are an expression of who I am, just as much as my car.

I'd also like to say it really pisses me off to hear about anyone throwing anything at an event full of cars. I have way too much invested in my car, time, money, and love.

The benefit to repay the hotel sounds like a pretty good idea to me. At the very best it would show that you're a stand up club trying to make things right.

just sayin'

17. gaschevy

gaschevy
    BANNED

Must be a west coast thing...................

18. srosa707

srosa707
    from Sacramento

Ya, were all lawn shitters!

19. Bookz

Bookz

This brainless self centred look at me bullshit is what the problem is about. The sooner these clowns move on to something else the better.

20. Bookz

Bookz

Yet another good case of the crap our hobby is attracting.:mad:

21. battersea boys

battersea boys
    from surrey

Shitting on the grass is stupidity, spraying on a wall again stupidity. High jink under the influence stupidity.

You need to ascertain who did what, Its not the worst thing I ever heard happen

You will just have to try and sort it wih the hotels, portapotty,s a graffitti wall??........

22. Now I know what the old dude the kid bought the car from in "Christine" meant when he talked about the "shitters" .... death to the lawn-shitters of the world in 2009?

Christ, I've been drunk enough to do some stupid things... but shit on the lawn?

23. gaschevy

gaschevy
    BANNED

Graffiti Wall? Why not just act like a human and behave? Why cater too assholes that can't control themselves.

24. soberTOOLman

soberTOOLman

That's some fucked up shit Bruce!! i hope they realize its not your fault, and whoever rented the damaged rooms get charged for the damage, and not you guys.

To those responsible for the mess, thanks a lot asshats.

25. meteorgasser

meteorgasser
    from Lodi, Ohio

burn out and tats !!!!! What the fuck it is the beer assholes

26. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

South Omaha Turds have no connection to any turds found on the lawn.

27. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

Some of you guys are missing the point...........how can any club or security police over 2000 spectators??????if it were possible think of what the world would be like.people should show some fucking respect for other people and their property bottom line!

28. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

yes they did have security themselves and sac pd,in fact sac pd pretty much just stood around and did nothing from what i saw.like i said there were probably 2000 people how are you gonna police that??????

29. srosa707

srosa707
    from Sacramento

They should have been at the hotels looking for the turd burglars...

30. hot rod pro

hot rod pro
    from spring tx.

a few years back i was at the father's day roadster show.in the swap meet area the shifters had a spot for their club.at the end of the weekend,it looked like you unloaded a garbage truck in their spot.the worst part was that they took off and left it like that.as a young hot rodder,i bugs me when clubs cast a bad light on our sport.i really don't care to hear that some of them are good guys,one bad guy ruins it for all of them.

sorry for the rant,and sorry to hear about your car show problems.

-danny

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.