Register now to get rid of these ads!

Putting custom wheels on a 55 buick ???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Abomb, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Abomb

Abomb

You Buick guys know that the older Buicks had lug bolts instead of studs and nuts, and that there are locating studs to help mount the wheels.

What have you done to fit a set of aftermarket wheels to your Buicks?? Cut off the locators and reuse the lug bolts ??? Drill and install studs ???

Will the multi pattern wheels like the aftermarket smoothies accomodate the locating stud ??

2. Bullet Man

Bullet Man

don't worry about the stud you can go without it completly. the bolts will work for your new wheels. most european imports still use bolts and they run custom wheels.

3. johnrockin

johnrockin
    BANNED
    from midwest

GET ER DONE! lol

4. deadendcruiser

deadendcruiser

Check over on epage classifieds. There is a guy(William Drozd) that has a stud conversion kit. I'm pretty sure the rear align. stud unscrews. You'll have to cut the front ones off. A freindly tip. Before you buy rims make sure the hub hole is big enough to fit over your hubs. Don't ask me how I know, just that it cost me about 800.00 for rims that I'm going to have to use another car now:(

5. Pattern is 5x5 and other than the locator holes the rims interchange to other cars with the same pattern. I'm sure with aftermarket wheels you have to watch the center hole size, and you'll probably need longer bolts if the wheel center is thicker. But some chrome acorn caps would cover the heads easy enough.